Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • So where was the Hurricane?
  • nicko74

The Hurricane? The man the authorities came to blame? For something that he never did? Think he's still in jail mate.

Sounds like it might be a different one…

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I also feel he may post an England disgrace thread over the football team and blame it on the players celebrating armed forces day giving them little training time?

335.geek
    Free Member

he could of been the champion of the world you know?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

And for those that mentioned the RAF have little input, you'r not really correct.

All the pilots are serving, qualified fighter pilots, and there are fewer pilots generally available due to our involvement in Afghanistan.

Indeed, requests have to be made to the RAF to allow them to allocate resource (ie pilots) over and above the logistics of getting servicable vintage aircraft in the air. (Think, these planes are real high performance throughbred planes, when the average person owned an Austin 7) and so prone to breakdown and limited parts supply.

As a result of pilot shortage, the RAF BOB flight were unable to supply resource for Lowestoft Airshow on the days they wanted them, and so the airshow has been moved to the same days as Eastbournes airshow.

It's not a "resource disgrace", just that we happen to be committed fairly heavilly to conflicts elsewhere in the world right now, the rights and wrongs of which are not for this thread.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….there are fewer pilots generally available …..

Ah I see – well at least it helps to maintain a historically accurate angle to the theme
    ………eldridge should be pleased.

The Few……………………"never was so much owed by so many to so few"

MP2484
    Free Member

Both Hurricanes were flying in the display at the Biggin Hill Air Fair, which is why they weren't in the flypast.

Mike

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you went to a comprehensive school?

Nuff said. No wonder you don't get symbolism

Go swivel on it.

meehaja
    Free Member

interesting, this thread about celebrating the memories of people who died in conflicts almost immediately turns into a fight. In my dreams, I dream of a time when a full sus, a singlespeed and a steel long travel hardtail can all be ridden on the same trail, together in close formation.

molgrips
    Free Member

It's only a bloody plane.

toys19
    Free Member

I'd like to thank eldridge for starting the most amusing thread in awhile, if this is what trolling is then I want more. It's like a self writing Harry Enfield character. I'm going to call him: Xenophobic Pedant Man. A cross between the guy in falling down and a morris dancing nutcase. When he next gets poured a pint of spitfire or some other beardy drink and the barman does not doff his cap (© TJ) he'll break out his sten gun and machine gun everyone in the room.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I dream of a time when a full sus, a singlespeed and a steel long travel hardtail can all be ridden on the same trail, together in close formation.

Me too…….

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the single track trails.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all off-road bikes are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the chalky hills of the North Downs, the sons of former single-speeders and the sons of former full-sussers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the Singletrack forum, a forum sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the length of their fork travel but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day down in Leith Hill little singlespeed boys and little full-suss girls, will be able to join hands with little fully rigid boys and little carbon girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of mountain biking shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to Swinley with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go riding together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day — this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if Britain is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of the Home Counties.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Snowdonia.

Let freedom ring from the heightening mountains of The Lakes.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Grampians.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of the Surrey Hills.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from the Peak District.

Let freedom ring from Quantocks.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in Kent.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every county and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, titanium fetishers and carbon fetishers, Singlespeeders and Full-sussers, Lycra men and Baggy men, will be able to join hands and sing :

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

eckinspain
    Free Member

excellent work ernie!

CountZero

ernie, that's excellent. I doff my chapeau in your general direction.
    Oh, and I think the OP is a complete cock. As someone who nearly lost a family member in a ship sinking in the Falklands I have plenty of respect for the armed forces, but to get all bent out of shape and start behaving like a hysterical little girl because a Hurricane didn't take part in the flypast is just utterly pathetic; the OP should behave like a grown-up, not a spoilt eight year-old.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So where was the Hurricane?’ is closed to new replies.