Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Soaked my iPhone. Do they work again once dried out?
  • piemann
    Free Member

I managed to cover my iPhone in beer at the Stevie Wonder gig last night. Has anyone else done something like this and did your phone recover at all?

warton
    Free Member

if you don't switch it on, and totally dry it out it should be fine in time. if you've turned it on chances are you would of shorted something and it may well be dead. insurance?

nickc

turn it off as soon as you can, don't be tempted to fiddle just shut it down, let it dry out gradually over a few days is the best you can hope for. I dropped one down a loo, took about a month to come back, but it works fine now.

Haze

My Ipod touch died alongside my mobile in a puddle of water at the bottom of my rucksack.

Neither worked again, despite weeks of drying out/bowl of rice trick etc.

Good luck!

ruffrider

If you haven't turned it on try putting in a bag of rice for 48 hrs, it draws the moisture out. It brought my mobile back to life.
    Good luck

xcgb
    Free Member

Putting it in (uncooked) rice is supposed to work

simon_g

As said, let it thoroughly dry out first – the rice method is good.

Worst case, if it is completely knackered, Apple offer out-of-warranty replacement for about £145.

alexxx
    Free Member

Id say its **** because beer will leave a residue when it dries, youd want to open it and get some nail polish cleaner on there with a cotton bud.

or fingers crossed that its insured.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

that's the least of your worries. you went to see Stevie Wonder

enfht
    Free Member

What you need is the new iDrier 😉

z1ppy

Apple offer out-of-warranty replacement for about £145.

+1 to this, mate's screen cracked* and had other problems, they were quite happy to sell him a new screen (& fitting) for nearly the same price on a year old phone (with worn battery), for a little more he just got a new phone

* he was aware he could do it himself cheaper, just didn't want to

ski
    Free Member

My Brother last week, left his iphone at the bottom of his hot tub.

He took it to one of the Apple stores in Birmingham, expecting them to give him a big bill to repair it.

Left the store completely dazed, with a new replacement iphone for free!

Not what he was expecting!

brant
    Free Member

My Ipod touch died alongside my mobile in a puddle of water at the bottom of my rucksack.

Neither worked again, despite weeks of drying out/bowl of rice trick etc.

My ipod touch went through a 60deg wash and died. Crack across the screen.

Bag of rice? No dice.

Left it in my shed over winter, tried it seven months later, plugged into my mac, and it started up with all data intact.

rootes1

this is one benefit of a removable battery… as even when the device is off there is still a power connection.. normal advise is to take battery out asap until things have dried out..

not poss in an iphone though…

Ben_mw

Dropped my Ipod into a snow drift, where it spent 3 days until the thaw revealed it – popped it on a cool radiator for a day before switching on and it's been fine since!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Soaked my iPhone. Do they work again once dried out?’ is closed to new replies.