• This topic has 206 replies, 98 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)
  • sometimes, is violence the only answer…………….on a commute.
  • ton

let's say you were riding into work, minding your own business.
    next minute a car cut's across the front of you, just missing you to make a left turn.
    you brake hard, but stay on the bike.
    you then give the driver the **** signal.
    the car goes into reverse, and out jumps a bloke.
    a almighty row ensues, all be it from distance off say 8 ft.
    it calms a bit, and you say ' you need to be carefull next time, mate'
    meaning not to do it to anyone again.
    in a instant the guy is in your face, like 5mm away, screaming how he will kill you.
    so the inevitable happens, you smash you forehead into his screaming face, his nose smashes, and he drops to his knees crying like a kid, blood pis5ing from his face.
    3 people watching cheer you and say he deserved it.
    you get on your bike and quietly pedal off.

would it be the correct way to act or not……. ❓

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Violence is never the answer but it sounds like he deserved it!

What car was he driving?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'd take a different route into work now for a couple of weeks!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

If someone threatens to kill you then violence is perfectly acceptable!

dmiller
    Free Member

Not at all correct, in anyway. Violence begets violence.

However with the adrenaline hit that a near miss like that causes and the fear factor of having someone screaming in your face like that I find I can only thump em or laugh. Dunno why laughing helps calm me down but it does.

Having been in that situation before I cant bring myself to condem you for thumping him. Im sure people will be along in a minute though 😉

juan
    Free Member

Well hope you get other people phone numbers as you will need witnesses indeed. That is the kind of little scrotum that will pull up a fight only to get spank severely and then go and cry to the police.
    Violence was not necessary. But sometimes it feels goooooood.

wors

a guy came up to you and started screaming in your face? did he have some step ladders with him?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

😈

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Headbutting someone always strikes me as a very cowardly act. Now if you had challenged him to 'put up his dukes or piss off' i would have been impressed.

Sounds like he deserved a slap, but headbutting him……

bigsi
    Free Member

Yes

ahwiles
    Free Member

what helmet for headbutting someone?

good move tho' – headbutt to the face, unexpected and effective.

punching someone will just break your hand.

(you've got 3 primary targets in a fight: eyes / throat / gentlemans' area)

trailmonkey

how do you nut someone ( accurately ) if you're wearing a cycle helmet ?

finbar
    Free Member

True story? Nice one! Hope your swede isn't bruised too much.

lowey

He must have had a death wish, squaring up to you mate.

alpin
    Free Member

nice one. and not in a sarcastic way either.

bloke sounds like a jumped up prick.

ourmaninthenorth

so the inevitable happens, you smash you forehead into his screaming face

would it be the correct way to act or not…….

Depends whether you now need to buy yourself a new helmet or not.

genesis
    Free Member

Damn right, some people deserve a kicking like that, he no doubt thought 'skinny cyclist I'll have him' -twunt.
    Best addition to mtb commuting armoury are spd shoes with metal toe studs in them, make a right mess of lights/panels and flesh especially if you do like old school rugby and footy players and file them sharp.
    Had a similar thing years ago with a cab driver, put a 4ft scrape down his car when he fored me off into some roadworks barriers trying to squeeze past, he got out to chance his arm and when he shoved me it was all the excuse I needed to drop him – smashed his nose and gave him a decent shiner to go with it, don't think he'll ever do it again. Lesson there, I'm an ex rugby player and a chef so am a bit handy when pushed!

bigsi
    Free Member

Did you get him with the peak of the helmet on the bridge of the nose as thats going to hurt…… oh i do hope you did 😈

soobalias
    Free Member

well done.

shame i have to second the thoughts above about witnesses, you might get lucky and he may crawl under a rock for a while.

do not change your commute, unless you think you are in the wrong.

if you shout at me from three foot away im gonna kick or punch you, any closer im gonna headbutt you, if you can remain 8' away im happy to let you scream and shout all you like, i'll probably just laugh at you and suggest you will give yourself a heart attack.

wors

he no doubt thought 'skinny cyclist I'll have him' -twunt

never met ton have you.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don't encourage a violent reaction but you clearly felt under threat if he was standing 5mm from you then you were wide-open to a nasty attack and he had just threatened to kill you. Not sure what the problem with a quick headbutt is except that it can go wrong and hurt a lot. I suppose grappling would be better but you have to be confident you know what you're doing.

Remember, he drives a deadly weapon. Avoid your usual route for a while.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I'm an ex rugby player and a chef so am a bit handy when pushed!

I will bare that in mind if i ever get into an argument with Anthony Worrell Thompson 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

he no doubt thought 'skinny cyclist I'll have him'

If he did he's mad.

He should have thought "**** me this guy is built like a bear, best not doing somenthing stupid like treated to kill him."

backhander
    Free Member

Ton ,you did the right thing. He ensured violence when he entered into your personal space. There's only ever one outcome if you do that.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Nope it wouldn't.

Not saying he didn't deserve it, but you'd be now sharing the roads with an very angry aggresive bloke who's driving a car and looking for revenge.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Bravo Ton!

Now if only you were wearing a helmet cam 😈

zbonty

Ah, the old overtake a cyclist, sharp left 2 seconds later move. A personal favourite

Can't fault you at all based on the evidence.

Many motorists think they are invincible and treat vulnerable cyclists like ****. Karate chop to the throat i say

ski
    Free Member

5mm away, screaming how he will kill you

If someone screamed that at me, that close, they would have got the same off me too.

Vocally shouting off is one thing, but taking it to your face and saying they are going to kill you is another.

Ton – go on tell us what was he driving, BMW X6 by any chance 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nobtwidler – Member

If someone threatens to kill you then violence is perfectly acceptable!

Violence is only justified in self defence.

Understandable in this case and mitigating circumstances but still morally and legally wrong.

Still – the driver probably won't have a go at a cyclist again

grievoustim
    Free Member

ton – I can't help feeling that this is a made up tail to keep us all busy on a Wednesday morning 🙂

If Ton is as big as I think he is I find it hard to believe that anyone would get "in his face" like that

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I hope you follwed it up and keyed his car and lobbed a bomb in the windscreen?

DezB
    Free Member

Don't agree with headbutting either, but yeah, sounds like a good approach.
    I had a close one with a bloke who turned left in exactly the same way, very very close to knocking me off – I shouted "PR1CK!" which he heard and stopped just up ahead by the entrance to a some houses. As he got out of his crappy car he probably expected me to shit myself and sprint off, so I rode up to him, got off the bike and said "You nearly killed me there" -he was weird, couldn't look me in the eye, just as his slow brain was working out what to say, a car drove out of the entrance road. A cop car! Cop got out and said to me "Everything ok?" "Yes apart from this bloke trying to kill me". We all went on our merry way.
    Chuckled all the way to work!

hora
    Free Member

As cheesyfeet says. DONT ride the sameway for a couple of weeks.

Smee
    Free Member

You lot are all scared of Ton. If I'd have nutted someone you'd be calling for the death penalty….

I blame the coffee.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

The guy probably thought he was still in his car therefore immune to a cyclist attack

Well Done if it did happen.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Great, another commuting troll thread.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Just a thought, I have always wondered if u have a big sign on your jersey saying one of a couple of things would help:

dont fekking kill me with youre car, I might be your father, brother, cousin or best friend and that wouldnt be nice

OR

dont fekking hit me with youre car cos I'll rip your head off and crap down your fat double chinned head THEN key your pride and joy

OR

Government Health Warning: Agressive Cyclist, Give me space.

Maybe a little agressive but they'd have been warned!

RealMan
    Free Member

Should have sat on him

let's say…

Sounded pretty hypothetical to me.

aracer
    Free Member

I can't help feeling that this is a made up tail to keep us all busy on a Wednesday morning

Well he does phrase it as a hypothetical!

Shack
    Free Member

Nice one, I'd change my route though, he might turn up with 3 mates in the car.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘sometimes, is violence the only answer…………….on a commute.’ is closed to new replies.