Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • sorry what to sell for. Chain rings
  • firestarter
    Free Member

sorry about this but ive a full set of xt m770 rings unused to prob sell but not sure what to ask as they are silly expensive to buy. But not sure what to ask as dont want to fleece a buyer or myself 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

They are new so just knock a few quid off CRC price, still be a good deal.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

by definition they are second hand – would have thought 45 quid for the set is realistic

firestarter
    Free Member

45 christ arent they 120+ mmm what to do lol only ring i cant use is middle but thought full set may sell quicker. Might just flog middle as not in stock any where either cheers

MS
    Free Member

There not 120+, you can buy a new chainset for that!

Think your getting mixed up with xtr, there rings are expensice and that kinda price. Id say £45 is a fair price.

tails
    Free Member

I'd have thought half price from RRP if they are brand new. People always say half price then a bit for each year.

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah but its a consumable part so there is a big call for it, its brand new, look up the price on CRC, knock enough off the set to make it attractive. You are way off on the £120 thing, as said thats more than a new chainset.

edit, i take it all back…
    He is right you know, the outer ring for the latest XT is £77 alone, and they do add up to about £120, the self same chainset is only £140…. wierd.

tails
    Free Member

£122.97 for all three chainrings from CRC so at a guess £70 sounds fair.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

chainset is £120 online

daveb
    Free Member

I didnt realise the chainrings were that much, bloody expensive. Its almost worth just getting a new set of cranks each time… 🙁

mcboo
    Free Member

yeh funny one this, something wrong with the chainring pricing v whole crankset. Needed a new outer, looked at the XT at £77, got a nice Middleburn for £31 instead.

Someone will give you £40 for the outer, maybe another £30 for the smaller pair. £70 about right….

I wonder how many outers they sell at £77?

Gooner
    Free Member

i just bought a new set of XT cranks, rings and bottom bracket for £115 as the rings on their own seemed ridiculously expensive on their own

tails
    Free Member

chainset is £120 online

where?? 😀

Its almost worth just getting a new set of cranks each time

thats part of the argument, do you want 3 pairs of cranks if you can buy secondhand chainrings in as new for half price.

Gooner
    Free Member

£115 – where from?

merlin – bought and installed last week

that said if I could have found some nearly new rings for £45 I would have bought them
    same old storey wh you want something there are never any about and then when you buy ….

tails
    Free Member

thats great price i always forget merlin and go straight to crc/wiggle also good price on xtr and saint. i still think £45 is to cheap, but as you say gooner never any about when you want to buy.

firestarter
    Free Member

crazy pricing lol will have a think 🙂

daveb
    Free Member

Think I would just go with Middleburn if XT are that price.

You should be able to get £65 to £70 for them given the current from retail price.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘sorry what to sell for. Chain rings’ is closed to new replies.