Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Specialized Langster ***STOLEN*** (east London)
  • hen12y
    Free Member

Hello guys, long term lurker, but never joined. I bought myself a nice new Selle Italia saddle for my Langster last night, screwed it on, and when i woke up this morning the whole bike had been nicked from the 3rd floor balcony!? It's instantly recognisable in the red/white color scheme. It was taken from Devons Road / Bow Common Lane in East London. has a few distiguishing features to set it apart from the other 100 or so which are in the UK. here are some photos, i'm watching ebay and gumtree like a hawk, but if anyone comes across it on their travels please let me know 07771 550855 henry.willetts@googlemail.com

Talkemada
    Free Member

Bastards.

I'm just down off Chrisp St mate, I'll keep me eyes peeled.

Get yourself up to Brick Lane/Sclater St on Sunday. That's where loads of nicked bikes end up. My flatmate found hers there 2 weeks after it got nicked.

Something like that is pretty distinctive, so I don't imagine it'll be ridden around by some scrote. Is it fixed?

psychle
    Free Member

It'll turn up on Gumtree or Brick Lane, guaranteed… good luck mate… from a 3rd floor balcony eh? must've been a bloody confident climber?? Or, maybe sus out next door, they could've climbed over to your side?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I was about to mention the neighbours…

MrSmith
    Free Member

it's quite distinctive so will probably turn up somewhere local.
    hopefully somebody not used to riding fixed will try to ride it and eat pavement

crazy-legs

3rd floor balcony = get round to the neighbours flats.
    A mate had similar: loads of stuff nicked from his flat via the balcony, was all found in his neighbours flat.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Worth contacting the cycle squad* at Limehouse police station, maybe give them copies of pics. They ride around the area, and might spot it. Don't expect much help from the police in general though; loads of bikes get nicked every day round here, and as you can imagine, bike theft probably isn't a high priority in this are. Worth mentioning the neighbour possibility though. See if the police can dust for prints (they probably won't).

*I don't actually know what they're officially called, but theres about 4 or 5 who ride around on bikes.

badnewz
    Free Member

I'd be surprised if that turned up on brick lane itself, it would stand out too much even for those shameless theifs. I work in East London and will keep my eyes peeled. As Talkemada says, definitely contact the old bill, they are doing lots of car patrols in hackney to flush out some criminals before the olympics.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

cheeky mofos, as said – are the neighbours dodgy or what? seems like the most obvious explanation…

good luck

Talkemada
    Free Member

Badnewz (!) you'd be amazed what turns up down there. Bear in mind this bike has probably already changed hands at least once. So the person selling it on might not even know where it was nicked from. It could very well be the neighbours, but they'll have shifted it by now unless they are very stupid indeed.

Sadly, this crime exists because there's a market. 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Any CCTV around the flats? Third floor would be fairly hard and dangerous to climb to, even harder getting a bike down in one piece. Maybe not your immediate neighbour but a few down. We had flats like that a Uni and people used to 'Balcony Surf' all the time.

grantway
    Free Member

Sorry to hear Can you send me a pic il get my
    Brother to put a word out He has a Youth training
    business in Devons road called Streets Of Growth

Il get him to put it up in his shop
    Or il tell him Darren or Diane your going to
    drop it off.
    This is my e-mail add
    grantway01@hotmail.com

Best of luck

Grant

brakes
    Free Member

f***ers, will keep my eye out, I'm in the city and Angel
    I see a lot of scrotes on hinched bikes, but none of them on road/ track bikes, but I'll keep my eyes peeled

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out.
    Check brick lane at w/end like others said.
    Good luck

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Langster ***STOLEN*** (east London)’ is closed to new replies.