• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jalthar.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spokeshirt Light Beam Shots + pics of helmet mount
  • stumpy01

Got out in the garden this evening to get some shots done. Camera set on manual ISO100 4secs, f3.5:

Here’s the helmet mount (cat not included). I took the velcro off & have just used some removable zip-ties. The mount is foam backed so easy to compress & get a nice, secure fit:

Here’s the Spokeshirt light at full whack:

On low power;

And here’s my Lumi LED conversion (675mA driver) for comparison on high:

On low (200k resistor wired into BCT-Teapot driver):

MrFannay
    Free Member

Nice1, it looks quite impressive on low, ideal for long fireroad climbs etc,
    is that catflap a backdoor into Narnia?

stumpy01

Yeah – low is brighter than I was expecting considering it’s only meant to be 30% power with a 9hr runtime!

The catflap might lead to Narnia for the cat, but for me it means I can sling her out in the evening or go away for the weekend and not worry about letting her back in again!

P20

Iso100 4seconds….
    Is the cat stuffed?

stumpy01

No, but we’ve got a remote control for her. I’d hit pause…….

Actually, the camera was only on manual for the beam shots, believe it or not……I wasn’t sure there was much worth in controlling the exposure for the helmet mounts!! 😀

handyman
    Free Member

I can just hear the neighbours “look, that perverts in the garden, shinging lights in our bedrooms again”

devs
    Free Member

Path to nowhere needs weeding.

stumpy01

handyman – Member
    I can just hear the neighbours “look, that perverts in the garden, shinging lights in our bedrooms again”

Hmmm, that did cross my mind. When I did the run-time test for my Lumi LED conversion I realised after about an hour that both cans were shining at full blast into the houses over the back of ours.

DeVs – Member
    Path to nowhere the shed needs weeding.

Corrected & correct.

wwaswas

why has your shed got a catflap?

stumpy01

wwaswas – Member
    why has your shed got a catflap?

Did you see the cat in the first pic??
    The catflap in the shed enables said cat to get inside if the weather’s cak and we aren’t about. Also means we can go away for the weekend and leave her out if the weather is warm enough – bit of food & water in the shed and she’s happy as Larry.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Looks pretty good to me!

Only slight “issue” is that the helmet mount look zip tied on. Not handy if you need to remove it. I may be wrong though?!

I actually prefer the spill of your Lumi light though – less of a central beam concentration so a bit kinder on the eyes.

But for the money, that Spoke light absolutely kicks ar5e.

stumpy01

S_M – yeah I wasn’t expecting it to be so bright.

The helmet mount comes with some velcro to secure it, but I took this off & replaced it with removable zip-ties. From the pics, you can see the helmet mount is low profile so not sure you’d need to remove it too often.

The Lumi conversion definitely has a smoother transition from the bright spot area to the surrounding spill of light. I reckon the Spokeshirt light will be good on the helmet, with the Lumi staying on the bars. Just need to sort the other Lumi can for ridiculous amounts of light!

yetiguy
    Free Member

nice pussy !

jalthar
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spokeshirt Light Beam Shots + pics of helmet mount’ is closed to new replies.