Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spotify
  • jonb
    Free Member

I don’t get it? All the music you could ever want, free as long as you only want to stream it. Where’s the catch? Will they somehow manage to empty my bank account?

Anybody else using it? Just having a play now.

Shakey
    Free Member

I’ve been using for a few days and have got my wife using it instead of Itunes.

It looks great and it seems the only benfit from paying for it is no adverts!

I thinks its great.

Surfr
    Free Member

I’ve gone whole days without a single advert sometimes. Perhaps the advertisment backend was down at the time. But even so it’s not major hassle given the service they provide. I’m a huge fan.

druidh
    Free Member

I can’t be the only one to think that the actual sound quality can be a bit ropey?

speaker2animals

I’ m very impressed. Sound quality I don’t know as only using my laptop integral ones which are #oss anyway. Only complaint no Budgie, ELP or King Crimson. Been reliving my teens with a “real” Genesis none stop party for last two weeks.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

How do i get it, site i found says i need an invitation token?

Stoner
    Free Member

I can’t be the only one to think that the actual sound quality can be a bit ropey?

think it’s just you. They’re probably just being spiteful to scottish internets.

Stoner
    Free Member

if I go here https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/ it let me set up an account, no need for an invite.

maybe clear your cache?

m0nster2
    Free Member

Been using it for a few months now (following a discussion on here, actually).
    Real good but, yes, sometimes quality is a bit ropey.
    I suppose the catch is (for me anyway) I’m limited to use here. In the house.
    When I own music I can play it in the car, iPod etc.
    ‘Tis the future though.

corroded
    Free Member

Would be interested to see their business plan… surely revenue can’t be advertising only?!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Sound quality is OK- about MP3 standard. I’m using it as a quality control tool to listen to stuff I’m thinking about buying on CD – so far have saved myself a fortune. Reckon if Spotify had been around since I started buying music I’d have around half the LPs and CDs I have now. I can go a day without getting an advert on it which makes me wonder how long its going to survive without advertising revenue. I could put up with an advert every 15 mins or so but any more than that I’d stop using it as £10 a month for advert free use is too much for streamed music.

nickc

It’s nice. Been using it since Xmas, haven’t really noticed a sound quality issue at all.

antigee

i’ve got some wireless speakers i run off the PC and it beats listening to the same old stuff

can anyone explain what this means its from the Spotify FAQ

“Can I scrobble the music I play to Last.fm?
    Yes, Spotify has built in support for last.fm that can be enabled from the preferences menu.”

i looked at the link and it looked like people playing mornington crescent

avdave2

My business plan would be to run the free service for 6 months while word gets around. As popularity increases I’d be able to attract more advertisers and increase the number of adverts I place in the free service, thus increasing my revenue from both the advertisers and those who swap to the subscription service having got fed up with the increasing number of adverts. I’d also keep the quality level low to encourage people to go to partner sites to download higher quality versions and I’d be taking commission there as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spotify’ is closed to new replies.