Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM X9 or X0 jockey wheel ceased – fixed!
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

All your SRAM X9 and X0 jockey wheel problems sorted!

I like everyone else has had the wheels ceasing up, normally at the most inopportune time. The problem is that to make the mech better the wheels are fitted with a proper bearing, not just a plastic on plastic running surface. That means when it has ceased you need to pay £20 for a new set. No you don’t. I just went on Ebay, typed in 6801 bearing. The original is a 6801-2RS the 2RS meaning that it has 2 rubber shields (seals). I paid £1.88 including postage. Push the old knackered one out of the plastic wheel and push in the new one. Fixed and as good as new.

C

racing_ralph
    Free Member

or just regrease the old bearing for nowt

ChrisE
    Free Member

I’d already had done that twice and this time all the balls fell out in a rusty mess!

C

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lol

PePPeR

Thats a great tip, thanks for that Chris.

CharlesP
    Free Member

I have the opposite problem: a broken chain chewed up the plastic part. Is it possible to buy the plastic wheel without the expensive bearing bit?

z1ppy

well I ran mine without any bearing at all for months – it failed on the 1st day of a cycling holiday (took it to apart and everything fell out in complete mess) & as it made no difference, stayed like that for ages 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X9 or X0 jockey wheel ceased – fixed!’ is closed to new replies.