Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • SSWC and camping
  • stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’d (wrongly) assumed that camping at SSWC would be just like pretty much any other event but it’s just been pointed out to me that I’ll have to pay 22 Euros per night to camp … WTF is that about, are the Irish goverment using SSWC to help add to their bail out fund?

Perhaps it’s just me but it seems a bit cheeky.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Bivvy? 😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’ll have my bivvy bag with me as I’m riding down … does kipping in a bivvy bag count as a pitch seeing as I won’t be pitching anything?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Aye tis a bit rich! Any sign of a weekend plan yet? Is there anything going on Friday?

Keef
    Free Member

I’ve bailed.
    seems to me to be getting rather expensive,ferry £440,fuel £75ish,three nights camping £xxx,food,and BEER £xxx,
    + whatever else thay decide to charge for when you’re there,toilets ? showers,etc….. ?

mmmm,is it me,or is it not really ‘in the spirit of SS’ any more ?

As a contrast SSEC was about £45 inc a t shirt,a free beer,TWO meals,three nights camping,loads of stickers an stuff and a fookin great atmosphere !

and free showers……

oxym0r0n

😯 Havn’t sorted anything for this yet except entry…

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Keith did you get your entry fee back? … if you can then I’m considering knocking it on the head too.

postierich
    Free Member

They are taking the pish!!.Was planning on making a week of it with my girls but @ 46 euros a night they can @@@@ right off. Anyone offering to organise a unofficial worlds SS something nice and cheap!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Me and tazzy were having the same conversation at the weekend- totally against the ss ethos so sod em !!
    However up for any alternative unofficial stuff as I have the pass stamped 😛

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Everything I’ve seen up to now makes it feel like it’s being run by the Irish Tourist Board!

Keef
    Free Member

SS8,yes,to be fair to them,I asked for a refund,and they gave it me.

I’d be up for something unofficial too,may know a few more who would,an all 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

it’s the Micheal O’Leary effect

+ whatever else thay decide to charge for when you’re there,toilets ? showers,etc….. ?

you better believe it! 😉

igm

The idea of an “unofficial” SSWC sounds superb. It’s straight into the Spinal Tap “I mean how much more black can you get” territory.

Fantastic.

tazzymtb

yep, I had a lovely email which was basically, “the irish economy is stuffed, so we are going to make as much money out of you lot as humanly possible”

I was expecting to have to pay a “niche tax” on every item on the bike which was non standard and a beard import fee as well.

knackers to ’em I’m thinking of planning a big old booze up with some monster riding thrown in. I know a couple of ace campsites that’ll be more than happy to put up with a bunch of drunken idiots on bikes for a weekend so if anyone fancies joining us lot you’re more than welcome

Deaky
    Free Member

Got a refund myself, although they’ve deducted a €10 admin fee 😐

€22 per night is taking the mick IMO. I’m definitely up for an ‘unofficial’ SSWC

igm

I was expecting to have to pay a “niche tax” on every item on the bike which was non standard and a beard import fee as well.

Don’t you get a “body metal” charge as well or am I confusing you with someone else.

postierich
    Free Member

email addy for refund please!

tazzymtb

igm- that might possibly be me and there may be a slight chance that you may have seen some tazzy nipple action at last years SSUK for a lovely bottle opener headset spacer thingymebobbins courtesy of CTBM 😳

igm

You should have come and won the tug’o’war with the real men fat blokes

Keef
    Free Member

Taz,count me in.where in all of Nichedom are you thinking ? 😉

Deaky
    Free Member

email addy for refund please!

whatsthecraic@sswc2011.ie

JohnClimber
    Free Member

When questioned I’ve just had word that

“we are working to get camping free”

and they are going to

“Issue an update” very soon ref this

So I guess we can calm down on your claim backs for the short term

Keef
    Free Member

JC,
    I had a similar email last month when I first enquired about camping……

rapiddescent

it’s now on their facebook wall…

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Perhaps that’ll be your update then JC 😉

tazzymtb

Ooo that’s the third time they’ve done the “we’re working on getting free camping” usually followed a couple of weeks later by an email from them showing some lovely b&b’s and a price for camping. Last email a couple of days ago was that they never promised free camping they just said they were looking into it. Call me a cynic but I think they’re just stalling hoping to get enough entries that are willing to pay camping fees etc….

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’ve 20 acres of fields here I don’t have to pay to kip in … so my email requesting a refund has been sent.

For those going, I hope everything I’m thinking is wrong and you have a fantastic (and cheap) time.

thekingofsweden

It is a bit much we rented a place in town for less!

rockymayhem
    Free Member

SSWC 2011 Hi everyone, just to let you know we have taken your posts about the camping in Kilfinane seriously and are looking into the prices for the camping for the SSWC. We were led to believe that we needed to have certain Facilities which bumped the cost up big time, we have now been advised differently and are going to be able to adjust our prices for you, we still want you to have a really comfortable stay and I promise we aren’t trying to rip anyone off, we know everyone has a budget and things are tight for a lot of people at the moment. We’ll try and be back with revised prices in the next 24 hours or so.

MrSparkle

Can you sort the ferry prices while you are at it? 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

Most importantly how much will a pint be? There seems to be a lot of negativity about it which is a shame, I on the other hand cannot wait, any excuse to drink gallons of guinness

rockymayhem
    Free Member

Sorry Mr. Sparkle, I have no control over Irish Ferries or Stena etc. etc. and Ringo, I’m a voddie drinker myself but I know that there’s great entertainment packages being put together that weekend around Kilfinane and we’re delighted to have visitors!

Ringo
    Free Member

Woohoo sounds better already, 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Any chance of a sniff of what the weekend will entail?

tazzymtb

Recently worked over there an a pint of guiness was 6 quid. You’ll be bankrupt before you’re drunk ringo 😆

Ringo
    Free Member

So at least £30 on beer a night then, better start saving can’t even take owt with me as I cycling there, might have to take a bottle of the hard stuff with me

rockymayhem
    Free Member

Hi Tazzymtb and Ringo, while I’m not a pint drinker, rest assured the cost of a pint in rural Ireland is more in the region of €4 and not €6

rockymayhem
    Free Member

In response to Yokaiser’s request, please go to the following Facebook page for more info and details of the entertainment planned for SSWC weekend in Kilfinane: RockyMayhem Sswc

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I went to Kilarney a few months ago, expecting to be stung for 6 euros a pint, actually 3-4 euros a pint….. but i dont care, I cant go because my Wife will have just had a baby, so i hope its rubbish…… ;o)

Ringo
    Free Member

It just gets better and better 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘SSWC and camping’ is closed to new replies.