Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sticky Pushlock
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

Having a few problems with my pushlock on a pair of revelations.

Seems really sticky, release at the bars, and quite oftern have to reach down and give it a bit of a flick to get it moving, dead annoying!

Happened to anyone else?

oh they are brand new btw.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

snap – 2 week old forks

daveagiles
    Free Member

Hmm well hopefully someone has a answer!

stumpy01

Only time I have ever had this problem, it was a cable issue. Not sure if it was something getting stuck or just dirty but I took the cable out, cleaned it all up, shortened it (as it was way too long) and it has worked fine since.

Ringo
    Free Member

Had the same problem turned out to be some shit in the gubbins, common problem according to tftuned

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Same problem here. Seems to me that it only fully releases when the forks are at full extension. Any compression and it stays down.

Surfr
    Free Member

My poplock snapped the cable outer right under the poplock lever on the first outing. Doesn't look like theres a ferule on there to spread the load. I'm going to convert back to a fork-top dial

fingers202
    Free Member

Surfr – Could I possibly have your fork top dial for the pop-lock, if it fits a Reba. 😆

daveagiles
    Free Member

hmm well im reluctent to accept that it is dirt considering how new the forks are, but will try shortening and lubbing the cable.

One thing that makes me a bit sceptical about this is the slack that shows becuase the dial hasnt taken it up.

Surfr
    Free Member

fingers it's an '09 Reba Race and you are welcome to it once I've made the change. Not doing it right away though. Other jobs on the list first.

fingers202
    Free Member

cheers, please keep me posted…

starseven
    Free Member

+1
    New forks, difficult to apply and slow to release.

kinda666
    Free Member

Mine seems to be the same as chatsworthmunsters, only have a problem releasing when under compression of any sort!

slacker

Yeah mine with a poploc is the same, it will occasionally stick if released with the forks compressed. With the forks at full extension it releases every time so I don't think it's a cable issue.
    I personally don't find it a problem though because the next bump you hit releases it or a quick tug on the bars sorts it. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sticky Pushlock’ is closed to new replies.