• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Stolen – Burls Titanium road fixie Portsmouth
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Friend of mine got his 4 day old Burls titanium fixie stolen from his work in portsmouth (QA Hospital?) on friday 4th Sept.
    Was locked in a secure shed with CCTV, but didnt stop the theiving scumbags getting away with his and someone elses bike.
    Im spreading the word in case anyone see's this bike, as i guess its fairly rare.

STATO
    Free Member

its not the one on eBay is it? just asking before someone jumps to conclusions and cries wolf without checking first.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you have a link, mail me off group please?

JoeNation
    Free Member

This one?

TBH it doesn't seem stolen from the description (he seems to know his stuff, and gives lots of useful info).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks Stato / Joe Nation

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sorry for the abrupt reply last week.

Im now glad to confirm this was indeed my friends bike and he has been reunited with his bike none the worse for wear.

Another result for the STW e-bay patrol!

Thanks again.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

What havent we been told?

Who was the seller?

Any plod?

etc?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Auction was pulled last week and bike sucessfully recovered with the assistance of the police.
    Im still stunned that someone could be so dumb to put a pretty unique bike with and equally unique kit on it on e-bay and not expect it to be recognised and claimed!

solarider
    Free Member

It filled me with quite a warm feeling reading this. So rare to recover it. No doubt the police will call him a naughty chap and let him on his way, but at least owner and bike have been reunited. Good news story!

scaredypants

didn't get an address, by any chance ?? 😈

bigyinn
    Free Member

Leave it!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Glad to hear your mate got his bike back – the power ot t'internerd 🙂

scaredypants – Member
    didn't get an address, by any chance ??

And what eaxctly would you do that would get you in less trouble than the scally that stole the bike in the first place 🙄 ❓

JoeNation
    Free Member

Phew *wipes brow in a comedy fashion*

Glad to hear it worked out ok.

scaredypants

And what eaxctly would you do that would get you in less trouble than the scally that stole the bike in the first place

steady on, mummy 😯 ! I'm not planning anything, why would I ?

(though it's always slightly nice to know where local-ish bike thieves are, I'd suggest)

ajantom

The worrying thing is if you read the seller's history he's sold quite a few bikes and frames recently. Hope the plod are looking at his ebay past closely.

zbonty

Glad the bike got home safely. Result.

Seller is still active though (not bike stuff). Should have his fingers cut off but fairly sure nothing will happen as it rarely does in my experience

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes it troubles me that this guy is still trading and seems to have sold a few, how can i put it, warm fresh out of the packet bikes. It looks sus to me.

STATO
    Free Member

glad your mate got his bike back bigyinn, i too am supprised! i only mentioned the ad as i thought it had to be a coincidence and never thought it would actually be the bike!!!

woodsman
    Free Member

What a result – phew!

deluded
    Free Member

No doubt the police will call him a naughty chap and let him on his way

– solarider.

WHAT. Guff like this really irritates me. Sorry.

No, what will happen is if there is sufficient evidence then the CPS will charge this idiot with handling (the most likely charge to be proffered) and he will be put before the Magistrates Court. Should he be found guilty the court may well call him a naughty chap and let him off with a slapped ass but it won't be the police. Don't confuse the two.

DezB
    Free Member

Im still stunned that someone could be so dumb to put a pretty unique bike with and equally unique kit on it on e-bay and not expect it to be recognised and claimed!

You are talking about Portsmouth…

Andy

Andy

Edit: Ooops posted on wrong thread! 🙄

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Stolen – Burls Titanium road fixie Portsmouth’ is closed to new replies.