Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 188 total)
  • STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED
  • Chainline
    Free Member

Stolen, my 2 week old Jones Spaceframe bike was taken last night – very recognisable! Jones xtr polished xtr m960 crank, 6 spd modified xt cass on KING SS HUB, xtr deraileur. Phil Wood 135mm front wheel (There is only one of these wheels in the UK to my knowledge and it will only fit a fat fork., salsa gordo rims, fat front fork, jones loop bars, white Jones decals, Hope X2 pro brakes on 302/183 floaters. Frame No ends 74, fork no ends 57…There aren't many of them, and most are known so perhaps there's hope 🙁

Also Cotic Soul, x small, custard, full xtr, Royce hubs on dt xr4.1 wheels, tubeless, whole frame copter taped, Hope mono mini silver brakes, SDG i beam, maxxis high rollers, easton bars

Specialized Ruby COmp, blue carbon, white bar tape, full 105, 44, again very small.

Also childs Islabike Beinn 20 small, still boxed, present for daughter.

All taken from Hinckley between midnight and 7am.

email [phil.pryorATblue-ngDOTcom] if you have any details or see one out there, my wife is gutted her Soul is gone.

We would be grateful for any news.

More later

tinsy
    Free Member

Thats awful, really sorry, can you post some pics too? It would help..

I lost mine some months back and can feel you pain..

Chainline
    Free Member

Pic of the Jones with the normal front. The saddle is now a brooks titanium, it has an Erikson s/post and the steerer is cut down to just one 10mm spacer on top.

The second pic has the big wheel on it, they didn't get that, but apart from that this is the setup that was stolen.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Hi Chainline

sorry to hear about your loss

just up the road form you, like 3 miles form Hinckley, so that's quite worrying.

I'll let my mate who is a volunteer with the Rugby Police (she also knows a lot of Leicester cops) know and also have a word with the guys in Lutterworth cycles.

Chainline
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I'll get some pics up of the Soul too. Not too bothered about the roadie, easily replaced, The other two are pretty special.

Who's gonna buy them??

I'm not a member of other forums but I'll perhaps try and post on those too.

Phil

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

put a pic up of the roadie as well, lots of roadies round here and they are more likely to recognise it.

singlespeedstu

really sorry to hear about this.

how the **** are they going to sell the jones……

Chainline
    Free Member

Here's the Soul.

The Soul and Jones had Oxford Hardcore motorbike chain on through a ground anchor, looks like hydraulic cutters used to get through the shackle and garage lock.

No pics of the Ruby, blue but it had my Brooks black swift saddle, brooks saddle bag and Campag record s/post on it as she had borrowed them. No other Ruby's with tht set up I'd guess, blue carbon, light blue look keo pedals, white bar tape.

takisawa2

That's shit news mate.
    Hope they come back safely.

A long shot but I'd set up an Ebay auto-search, that way if they pop up on there you'll get an auto-email. Just a thought.

PT.

Frankers
    Free Member

Hi Phil sorry to hear about the theft, I live in Hinckley too (near Asda) and will keep my eyes peeled, but by the sounds (tooled up to break locks) the were from Leicester or Cov.

taka
    Free Member

jones isnt hard to miss

Brother_Will
    Free Member

**** i wonder if they even know what they've got, hope your well insured mate. I will keep an eye out on ebay and in peterborough for you.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Frankers – plenty of well tooled up pikeys round here.

Chainline
    Free Member

How do I set up an auto search?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

do an ebay search then next to the figure telling you how many results there is a 'save search' option

swampi
    Free Member

will keep my eyes peeled as i ride around leicester

Chainline
    Free Member

Thanks swampi.

I've ridden it at Cannock a couple of times now and the shop guys know it, never seen another there also at Sherwood, again not seen another. Not too much around here to go at.

Other details, is is set up with only one cable guide/stop for the front mech, close to the head tube on the outside down tube. There are no other cable guides only brake zip tie mounts.

The X2 pros have braided hose not the usual plastic.

There is a GPS mount on the right of the bar loop. and the Rohloff chainguide is modified and polished with some slight wear on it's inside from the weekend in the peaks (which was great)

The brooks saddle has some big sit bone dents in it too and the front blackspire SS ring is a 43 T, the rear mech is XTR shortcage.
    WTB weirwolf 2.55's It has the DKG clamp and NO frame sticker where I would normally clamp on the Thule roof carrier arm on top of the downtube.

On the Soul there is a small chip out of the copter tape on the chainstay, halfway along the chain side.

Phil

Chris-S
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your loss – but I am sure as you spread the word it will be difficult if not impossible to sell or use the bike without it raising suspicion.

The only one I have for seen for real was actually at a cannock – but I do know that guy , so if I see another it will be worth having a poke.

Do you have any idea how many have been brought into the UK – shouldn't be too hard to find out.

martinh
    Free Member

I think I can name quite a few of the owners, probably around a dozen or so in total

Frankers
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – Member

Frankers – plenty of well tooled up pikeys round here.

I surpose they're everywhere but Hinckley is usually (more or less) trouble free, gets me though how they know what to go for, or probably they didn't.

Actually thinking about it there has been a fair few garage broken into recently and motor bikes stolen, chances are thats what they may have been after.

I can speak to Bikes & Sports for you Phil as I know Ash, might be worth speaking to Pagey and the shop by B&Q also (long shot though)

Chainline
    Free Member

I've spoken to Cycle centre Terry at the top of town, posted on MTBR in case someone trys to get it out of the country.

The blackspire is 34T not 43t (mad whilst typing)

I don't think they know what they've got, they left expensive unlocked road bikes on wall racks but took my daughters Islabike Beinn!! Specialized Ruby over condor classico with full Record groupset.

They looked in all my drawers but left all the boone cogs and the fat wheel.

I lock up the two mtn bikes for obvious reasons and my wifes roady is close.

Can't believe we didn't here anything, my dogs didn't bark either.

It'll prob get sold for a few hundred quid to someone who doesn't know any better. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere and get spotted by someone who knows its gone. The phil wood hub, erikson post and six speed are a giveaway I hope, that and the frame numbers

Phil

Chainline
    Free Member

still cryin' 😥

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I am up the road in Tamworth. I'll keep an eye out for them.

That's proper poo.

Frankers
    Free Member

Strange, whilst out on my road bike tonight spotted 2 scene of crimes vans in Hinckley, maybe there's been a bit of a spate of break-ins 🙁

Do you ride local Chainline??

Chainline
    Free Member

I try to, with my mate neilikesbikes. Mostly at Cannock and Sherwood when we get the chance. Peaks, Lakes etc when baby sitters permit, my wife rides too whenever she can. We ride roadie as well. I'd like to try and find some stuff around Leicester or nearer to do in the eve rather than trucking over to Cannock for a night ride all the time, I like that but its and hour each way after work. Any info appreciated…just need some new bikes now:(

I've emailed cash converters just in case!

Frankers
    Free Member

We have some local routes we do on a Wednesday and Friday nights local to Hinckley. Also do Cannock fairly often but don't bother with Sherwood so much

I'll email you

dustytrails

Very sorry to hear about your loss mate.
    Just up the road in Thornton near Markfield – had 4 bikes nicked a few months ago – seemed very targetted – only took bikes from a garage with power tools & other nick-abel stuff. A Merlin Oreas TI, Turner Spot & 2 Specialized Rockhoppers. Bastards
    Will keep a look out for ya.

Susie
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out.

As for routes:-

Ticknall
    Martinshaw Woods – Groby
    There's a bit of stuff in Coalville if you know where to go.
    Swithland/Woodhouse Eaves

Swayndo
    Free Member

Phil … very sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

chainline/frankers

MrsMW has put the details on cyclechat forum.

I'd be well up for finding more local riders, we ride road and mtb as well. very interested in local stuff and if you need a loan of a bike then we have 12 for you to choose from!

I am notoriously un-reliable at regular rides because of my job but am up for ad-hoc rides and sharing liftage to cannock etc.

drop me an email if you are interested, we live in Claybrooke, very close to Hinckley

myusername at hotmail.com

dustytrails

Martinshaw woods are great at the moment!! Hows Ticknall at the mo. -not been for ages?

Dobbo

It pi$$es me off just reading it, some pikies think they have the right to take something that you work so hard to get. Really hope they get back to you where they belong.

Chainline
    Free Member

One other detail..sorry to be sad guys but I really want to get it back, it has 6mm bolt rack mounts above the rear dropouts, a fairly recent Jones option.

Really appreciate all the good wishes, efforts and eyes out there…musn't forget my wife, shes in bits over her beloved Soul, can't get custard anymore either, at least they left her Pashley and Islabike trailer bike so she can get the youngest to school 🙄

Suggsey
    Free Member

I am nearby in Nuneaton and will likewise keep my eyes open for you and ear to the ground. If I spot anyone on either similar bikes I will be earning some overtime-heres hoping. Just as another suggestion pay a visit to Furnace End car boot too just in case. Do you live semi rural Hinckley or in the town? Always a worry if the garage door is up that nerrdowells get a peak at whats inside. The other concern is that someone has weighed the frames in for scrap-ring round your local scrap merchants just in case.

Chainline
    Free Member

Afraid I have lost my sense of humour on that one rolf. It'll be all about the carbon weave basket next. Live and let ride.

Chainline
    Free Member

Could things get any worse…looks like Merlin can't make any more Jones's, Jeff is trying to work with others to see if he can get some frames built to his design, otherwise back to just Jeff which could mean huge waiting lists. Either way gonna be a very long time before I can get another 😥

GW
    Free Member

oh well, at least there's a bright side! 😉

Chainline
    Free Member

I guess you'll be happier that Jones's are about to get even rarer again, Merlin are in trouble and reducing staff and production, concentrating on imported carbon frames (ABG)

amodicumofgnar

Was that your Jones that was outside 18bikes last Sat lunch along with a 29er? Smart – shame its gone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED’ is closed to new replies.