Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stopping glasses from steaming up – a follow-up
  • kevin1911

Hi All,

A while back I posted up for some advise on how to stop glasses steaming up on cold damp days in the saddle. After some interesting replies, and some good suggestions, a colleague pointed me to an article in a motorcycle magazine reviewing products which allegedly stopped visors steaming up.

One of the products reviewed was Fog Tech, and it seemed to do pretty well in the test, I went and ordered some. I've been using it for a few weeks now in some fairly damp and cold conditions, and have to say I've very impressed. The glasses still steam up a little bit if I've been sweating lots on a steep climb and I stop at the top, but it's only a little bit and clears very quickly. The rest of the time the fogging problem has been completely solved.

Just thought I'd share.

akira

Try a very small amount of washing up liquid wiped inside of the lenses, does much the same thing.

DezB
    Free Member

I've never found washing up liquid any good. Too much effort to get rid of smears.
    I've started using Rain-X (after recommendation by TandemJeremy) and it works brilliantly. Quick squirt from the Camelbak clears any fogging or mud splats.

kevin1911

I found the same thing with washing up liquid – and also found its fog-clearing abilities to be only average.

Not come across Rain-X. Will give it a try once the Fog Tech is finished. Looks like it's cheaper!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stopping glasses from steaming up – a follow-up’ is closed to new replies.