Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stourbridge/Kinver etc routes
  • Burchy1
    Free Member

I’m up visiting family at the weekend and have managed to persuade my sister to drop the road bike and come for a mtb ride. I was going to suggest Cannock (easy to follow, all abilities etc) but looking at another thread there looks to be a demo day there on Saturday so could be v.busy.

Anyone got any routes starting in Stourbridge (K’Ford would be better) looping out towards Kinver and back? maps, GPS, even a list of places would be good, I still know my way around reasonably well, just havent ridden there in 10 years.

lunge

I can give you a few routes around Clent if that is any use.

MrTall
    Free Member

If you wanted to get a lot of miles in with virtually no road you could hit the canal networks from central Stourbridge.

Not exactly knarly riding but the canals are pretty nice at the moment.

Failing that Kinver seems to have some good routes, as does Clent but it’s very uppy downy and you’ll be criss crossing yourself a lot.

Can you get across to the Wyre forest? Lots of stuff there and the trails were riding beautifully last night as it’s 95% dry now. 🙂

Limy
    Free Member

I don’t have maps but I’ve always ridden from k’ford to kinver since I started riding. Drop me an email if you want with your number and i will try and explain the route. Its basically though woods at the back of summerhill then lawnswood. When you hit the Canal cross straight over then through a housing estate until you hit another set of woods (cant remember what they are called) but you end up at the back of Stourbridge racket club. From there up through to the back of Kinver. Give me a shout if you want.

z1ppy

Adding to what Limy has said…from this thread http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/kinver-singletrack-routes

Unclebuck posted:

From Summerhill School, head south through Ridgehill Woods, Friars Gorse, over canal and up through outskirts of Wollaston. South through woods above Stourbridge Rugby club and then across playing fields opposite school to Little Iverley Covert.

Along Sandy Lane and then up Sugar Loaf Lane past Raquet Club, then down bridleway through Fairy Glen. Follow road to Caunsall then onto Kinver Edge via Blakeshall.

After exploring the Edge, head towards Enville via Rocky Lane and two bridlepath sections. From Enville go east through the Million, decending the bridleway to Gothersley Lane and the canal.

Head to Gothersley Bridge, then along the lane and past Ashwood Nursery. Use the bridleway past Ashwood Lodge to get back to the school.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses guys.

Limy – Thats sounds about what i used to ride. I’ll drop you a mail later if i get stuck.

MrTall – i had thought of the Wyre but i can’t really remember my way around too well and with other stuff to do can’t really commit to joining others for a ride, shame as i remember it being pretty good.

Anyone else?

singlespeedstu

I can show you round on Saturday if you want.

Drop us an email.

Limy
    Free Member

Follow Unclebuck’s route. That’s who I ride with and the route we do. If get stuck give me a shout.

I’ve been riding some of the bridleways and, ahem, other tracks, around Kinver lately.
    The North Worcestershire path between Blakeshall and Caunsall is barely ridable down hill because of deep soft sand, I wouldn’t even attempt it up hill.
    The bridleways past Castle Hill Farm and through Arley Wood make a nice long off road route towards the Wyre, or a loop back along Hollies Lane towards Franche.

singlespeedstu

The North Worcestershire path between Blakeshall and Caunsall is barely ridable down hill because of deep soft sand

I find it perfectly ridable. 8)

FatFronts can’t fly by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

I’d seen that picture before without realising where it was taken.
    I recognise it now.
    I rode all the way down there on the grass. Every time the front wheel touched the sand, I came to a halt. 😕

101andy
    Free Member

Summerhill woods, bluebell woods down to canal. Along the canal to the old sandhole. Up the hill past the rugby club to pub at top, bridleways to norton, drop to a449 at Whittington, head into kinver. Loads of routes back via six ashes and the common at halfpenny green down to Swindon and wallheath. Enjoy!

unklebuck
    Free Member

As per Graham above, you can put together a nice 50+ mile ride from K’ford extending my loop out to the Wyre via Shatterford and Arley.

If anyone wants it I can try and post a gpx file. 😉

Limy – hope all is well, must try and catch up some time 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stourbridge/Kinver etc routes’ is closed to new replies.