Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Strathpuffer Lite results
  • allankelly

Hi, What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone involved.

SPORTIdent have the results up in CSV format, so I've wrapped them in HTML for ease of viewing.
    Strathpuffer Lite 2010 Laps

Original SPORTIdent page is here: SPORTIdent Puffer Lite Results

Cheers, al.

euain

Fantastic weekend. I'm sure the course was about half the length that it was in January!

Does anyone know if there were any photographers there? I got snapped a few times but I don't know if they'll appear for sale somewhere.

Euain

allankelly

Yeah, I hardly recognised parts of the course. That's my 4th visit, the first 3 of them to winter Puffer. The slippiest winter parts were transformed into hardest, fastest parts. That final descent is kamikaze, bunny-hopping the drainage bars kept me awake!

I needed lights for longer than I expected, from about 1030 to 0330 in the woods. I mostly turned them off for the climbs, it was never really dark in the open.

al.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Great weather and great set up!
    I ended up going solo as my mate backed out and my wife was too ill.
    I hadn't trained much as I was hoping the others would make up for my lack of fitness and preparation. 😀
    The change in mindset between trio and solo was a lot to take but hey, it's just riding a bike, right?
    On arrival I thought that 6 laps would be a good showing for me but I got my finger out and managed 8 in the end. I became a bit of a musical chicane with the wee speaker in my camelback playing out some embarrassing tunes from my ipod which was set to random. Who knew I had such uninspiring cheesey nonsense on there! 😯

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – great race!

Finished 5th in pairs though we thought we were 4th until the SI system added an extra lap for "Wonky Sprockets" in the final reckoning…

I'd calculated that we didn't need to go out for a final lap because we couldn't be caught by the two chasing teams so we stopped on 11h 50m. As it turns out the extra lap wouldn't have mattered anyway because instead of being 20 mins ahead of "Wonky Sprockets" we were actually 17 mins behind and couldn't have made up the gap.

Brilliant atmosphere and lovely cool conditions throughout with some spectacular visual effects during the night like the blood-red full moon and the eerie mists at dawn.

epicyclo

Alan, thanks for setting the results up like that.

Another great race from the 'Puffer organisers. I'm glad they didn't cancel it. Who will forget seeing that orange full moon shining on the treetops sticking out of the mist?

Gordymac
    Free Member

Well done to all those that took part, the weather certainly helped but it still doesn't make me want to do the winter puffer.

Stuartie did you get any decent pictures?

Paul well done, I don't think i could have gone from doing a trio to pair to solo with such short notice 😉

Thanks for the results AK 🙂

Gordymac
    http://vc-moulin.blogspot.com/

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Ah! I knew I recognised the face! Sorry I didn't get a chat with you Gordon. 😳 I doubt I was making much sense by the end anyway. Congratulations on your win in the mix trio.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    Alan, thanks for setting the results up like that.

Another great race from the 'Puffer organisers. I'm glad they didn't cancel it. Who will forget seeing that orange full moon shining on the treetops sticking out of the mist?

Was there talk of it being cancelled?
    I was quite surprised at how few participants there were compared to January.

epicyclo

The race needs time to build up momentum. It's going to be one of the must-dos soon.

The great thing was the increase in the number of soloists, but for the event to break even it needs more teams.

Make sure you drag some more friends along next year!

It showed some grit to go from a team to a solo effort. Now you are ready to graduate to the next level – go singlespeed.

BTW I appreciated the music when you passed me 🙂

allankelly

Well Steve who I dragged along is itching to re-enter. It needs a mag to come along. STW at Puffer Lite next year – the campaign starts here!

BTW, I twittered the event via my mobile, my last lap tweets on the move! http://twitter.com/allankelly

Cheers, al.

PS Thanks for the "thanks" – much appreciated.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Gordymac,

Took a handful of shots but most of them were poor. This is one of the few decent ones:

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Really enjoyed this :-)I'll remember some of the riding for a long long time and have already forgotten the hard bits. FWIW I only by chance picked up on this event on a mtbr thread in the singlespeed section and apart from that I found very little information at all.

Alek
    Free Member

What a race :mrgreen:

That was brutal. IMO as a soloist, even harder than the winter one (but for completely different reasons, obviously)

My body took one 'ell of a battering, especially that top section. The decent made it all worth it, big ring pedalling the whole way…..fantastic. Excellently organised, marshals gave plenty of encourage the whole event……..top marks. And the orange moon was spectacular.

16 laps in 12.5hrs got me 5th but the winner put in a whopping 19laps ❗ Well done Keith, great effort.

Congrats to Gordy (and team mates) another trophy for the cabinet 🙂

Please, more teams next year to keep this excellent event running.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Ooh skinsuit action, does my bum look big in that 😆

Good pic Stuartie

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

The back of your head Gordymac, he caught your best side 😀 😉 Don't mean it like that…. 😯

epicyclo – Member
    The race needs time to build up momentum. It's going to be one of the must-dos soon.

The great thing was the increase in the number of soloists, but for the event to break even it needs more teams.

Make sure you drag some more friends along next year!

It showed some grit to go from a team to a solo effort. Now you are ready to graduate to the next level – go singlespeed.

BTW I appreciated the music when you passed me

Not so much grit more I'm too tight to have spent £105 and have a DNS 😀
    Not sure on the singlespeed thing and if anything I actually took a step away from that by shaving off my 'tache this morning 😉
    I can only assume you were riding singlespeed yourself? I'm quite sure of that as I don't seem to recall passing anyone on a geared bike during any of the 12+ hrs 😀

epicyclo

Barney_McGrew – Member
    …I can only assume you were riding singlespeed yourself? I'm quite sure of that as I don't seem to recall passing anyone on a geared bike during any of the 12+ hrs

Yup, single speed. Too old and dumb to work out how to use gears.

As the sole member of the Square Wheels Bike Walking Team I take my responsibilities quite seriously 🙂

Single speed results here

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer Lite results’ is closed to new replies.