Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • STW Dartmoor ride Sunday 24th
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi guys

I was arranging a ride this coming Sunday 24th on Dartmoor & it was suggested that we open it up to anyone else who wants to come along.

Anyway the plan is to meet @ the Warren House Inn 9.30ish for a 9.45ish start. We then head over to Grimspound, Hemeldown Tor, Jays Grave, Bowerman’s Nose, Manaton, the bridge too far, Hisley Bridge, Water, Leighon, Hound Tor & back.

If anyone is interested in joining us then let me know. In case you’re worried the pace will be steady/relaxed & we won’t be leaving anyone behind.

slugwash
    Free Member

I can’t do the morning Crispy ‘cos I’m out on the water but there’s an Easter bike bivi in the evening probably starting from the Warren House Inn or the Church House Inn in Holne if you or anyone else is interested 🙂

Shinythings will be providing morning espressos for all at around sunrise by way of his field kitchen 😉

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m in 😆

trailmonkey

just a thought but why are you starting that loop so high up ? surely you’ve got to start that one down at yarner or bovey ?

slugwash
    Free Member

[thread hijack] Trailmonkey, ride your Soul into work tomorrow and do Fishchowters Lane on the way home before it gets overgrown. It’s kickin’ at the moment 🙂 [/thread hijack]

ltheisinger
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

Just my sort of guy! Finish on the downhills 😀 !! I’m usually ‘hanging’ at the end!!! But that just could be total lack of fitness and the extra weight I carry around!

trailmonkey

Trailmonkey, ride your Soul into work

i’m never riding a frikkin hardtail again 😐

crispybacon
    Free Member

just a thought but why are you starting that loop so high up ? surely you’ve got to start that one down at yarner or bovey ?

Point taken TM but coming up from Kernow it’s not quite so far to drive plus I like to have a longer/harder ride (not sure if that’s true for the others tho 😉 ) & us oldies just lurve them thar hills.

I was going to mention this later but if anyone wants to meet us @ the Hound Tor car park instead around 11ish you’re more than welcome.

trailmonkey

i’m sure i’ll be in the general area on the day.

i’ll keep an eye out and say hello.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Cool – you riding your Soul on Sunday then 😉

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Hello mate

I’m up for this. email to follow with my details.

crispybacon
    Free Member

bitemebryn – ygm

We are still open for anyone else who wants to join us on Dartmoor on Sunday.

Drop me a message here or an email.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Come on Andy it’s gonna be a fun day on the bikes 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

if anyone needs a lift from the plympton area i have room.

crispybacon
    Free Member

***Bump***

If anyone wants a guided ride on Dartmoor on Sunday then please post here or email me – addy in profile.

We currently have 7 definite riders for Sunday & a few more possibles.

If you don’t want to do the full tour then you can always meet us @ the Hound Tor car park around 11ish & ride the ‘Cleave’, but let us know you’re gonna be there in case we miss you.

drifting_james
    Free Member

Would love to join you guys. But am having a family lunch on Sunday. If you plan another trip sometime, please give me a shout. James

elgolfo

Hi chrispy, I’m down with the outlaws so might be able to wangle a pass out. How long does your loop take? Was out around grimspound and manaton today and conditions were perfect.

crispybacon
    Free Member

drifting_james no worries mate we’ll be sure to let you know if & when we plan the next one.

elgolfo – the route from the Warren House Inn over & back is approx. 20 miles with about 3,600ft of climbing and with a group of 7+ riders I’m allowing 4 to 5 hrs. If you are coming can you email me (addy in profile) your mobi No. so we can make contact if there’s a problem on the day. Cheers

crispybacon
    Free Member

################# Buuuuummmmmpppp ######################

OK guys this is my last bump/call for anyone who wants to join us for a ride on Dartmoor tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in joining us can you please email me (addy in profile) so we can swap mobi No.s & we know you’re coming. Cheers

singlecrack
    Free Member

bugger another I have to miss…. 👿

still had a glorious week there last week ….just got back today.

Off to Exmoor in the morning for a ride though.. 😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

les i managed to persuade one of my buddies to come out he hasn’t ridden the moor a lot so reckon he’ll love the route..

Anna-B
    Free Member

Crispy I hope you’re going to pre-ride it hiding chocolate eggs along the route for your group to find?

crispybacon
    Free Member

nice one Carl that makes 9 riders, forecast looks good & I’ve put my Summer treads on the bike too 😆

Should be a fun day out on Dartmoor.

Anna B – Lol you should have said earlier & I’d have gone to Tesco & bought some Easter bunnies for the lads 😉

yunki
    Free Member

according to the physio I’m fit to ride.. 🙂
    according to Mrs Y I’m going to Holsworthy to see my folks.. 😯

julianwilson
    Free Member

I’ve put my Summer treads on the bike too

that’s it, he’s cursed it. I’ll be putting my mud tyres on for monday…

crispybacon
    Free Member

that’s it, he’s cursed it. I’ll be putting my mud tyres on for monday…

Are you coming out tomorrow on Dartmoor with us Julian?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Bummer, I’d have loved to go on this ride. I’m moving down to Devon at the beginning of May, it would have been great to meet and ride. On the off chance, anybody need a lodger/flatmate or know of a 1 bed to rent in the Chudleigh area?

carlphillips
    Free Member

i dont need summer treads…i have bald captains on which have been honed to perfection over winter.
    julian are you at work? i was a bit wobbly this morning on the dog walk…cheapo beer is ace 🙂
    mans soul, always loads out from various groups, this’ll bemy 1st ride with les and co so looking forward to meeting up with some new faces.
    when you move down just give us a shout and we’ll show you around.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Yeah, I definitely will, that sounds great. It’ll be quite a change from Glasgow, I’m really looking forward to it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘STW Dartmoor ride Sunday 24th’ is closed to new replies.