Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • STW Durham/Newcastle meet….
  • dr_death
    Free Member

This was suggested on the Chat thread about Rahs in Newcastle. Turns out there are a quite a few Newcastle/Durham inhabitants lurking on here, and organising a ride was put forward…..

So, what do people think… When, where etc?

Steve

nodrog2
    Free Member

Would be up for something

Jammy111
    Free Member

hamsters is the obvious shout, that new red route looks pretty nice

James
    (Mildert 07-present 😆 )

Woody
    Free Member

Yup. Anytime April onwards (shift/work depending). As to location, not too bothered but Durham area is closest for me, or somewhere like Chopwell in the middle.

james
    Free Member

Mildert 07-present?
    As in Van Mildert College – Durham Uni?

If my jumping to conclusions is correct, then why aren't you in the uni MTB club (yet are on STW)? If wrong, then ignore me

dr_death
    Free Member

Hamsters sounds good, and April gives us time to organise it.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Mildert 07-present?
    As in Van Mildert College – Durham Uni?

If my jumping to conclusions is correct, then why aren't you in the uni MTB club (yet are on STW)? If wrong, then ignore me

You are correct mate! i play uni golf so don't really have enough time to get out with you guys (i am on the mailing list though :D). Plus as of a week ago i no longer own a general purpose bike, just got a DH bike with me.

miketually
    Free Member

I'm currently deep in the despair/depth of marking hell. Might be able to make something post-Easter. Hamsterley is best for me, unless I can cadge a lift off someone.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Steve count me in

father
    Free Member

Me too!

warton
    Free Member

yeah me too.

dr_death
    Free Member

Fine, so we are starting to build up a list of people…

Me
    Nodrog
    Woody
    Miketually
    Billybull
    Father
    Warton…..

Hamsters a good meeting point for everyone??

Anyone got preferences on dates??

Inbred456
    Free Member

You'd be better off going further inland and heading over to Edmundbyers and Blanchland common, plenty of routes and rides from 10 to 25 miles of fantastic moorland single track. MBR and WMB have listed most of the routes over there!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'm in

colnagokid

I might come, not keen on Blanchland area tho'

Kahurangi

I might be able to make it if it's a Sunday!! I've not ridden Hamsters before and would be good to meet some folk 🙂

I've ridden Hexhamshire Common (ace) and Blanchland Common (also has a great long 5mile decent after a death climb from Edmunbyers)

Diane
    Free Member

Could be – depends on dates (And only if you don't mind me being slow on the uphills)

DeeJay
    Free Member

When and a firm where and I could be tempted

Drac

Ooh might be for this too again shift depending due to start working weekends again soon.

user-removed
    Free Member

Count me in too! Sundays / weekdays best for me – usually shooting weddings on Saturdays. Scotsman living in exile in New Herrington ('twixt Durham and Sunderland).

jamesca
    Free Member

I would also like to attend, working during the week in crappy london but home nearly every weekend

BillyBull
    Free Member

Anything getting organised?

toons
    Free Member

what's the date for this?

miketually
    Free Member

Don't think we settled on a date.

Next six weeks are pretty hectic for me, but would be happy to show people round Hamsterley later on in May.

Shackleton

Would be interested too. Haven't been to Hamsterly for ages so I'm game.

jonb
    Free Member

I'd be interested. Busy as everybody else. Pick a weekend and I'll say yay or nay.

Miketually did one at Hamsterly last year, combined it with the Trailblazers open ride. Met a few people off here and had a really good ride around the lesser well know bits. The other option is Kielder.

Still meaning too organise a Kielder 100 training ride. At the minute I've got a riding partner and we're organising our stuff together but I'd like a big ride in a group up at Kielder. Especially if it means picking the brains of veterans.

BillyBull
    Free Member

JonB we are at Hamsterley this Sunday. Out Saturday night so not as fast or as long as you like.

miketually
    Free Member

JonB – if we do Hamsterley, I'll be riding there and back from Darlington. You can join me if you like? Good K100 training 🙂

BillyBull
    Free Member

He probably would if he isn't fixing up his new house.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Any of your guys wear glasses and a p**spot helmet on your commute around Newcastle?

I keep seeing this guy on various bikes, like properly "this weeks bike is a Santa Cruz", next weeks is an On-One – maybe seen him on 10-20 bikes so thinking he may be bike shop related.

Currently on a Ridley cx/hybrid thing around the Gosforth area.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Not me. Only got the two bikes. Not JonB as he would be on a road bike. Must keep an eye out on my commute through Gossy.

carbon337
    Free Member

I may be interested – im up coast in Northumberland a bit but have transport

ton

can a certain yorkist pretend to be a geordie for the day???

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why aye man Ton, nee botha young un. (Mind ya might hatta wear ya best ganzee, just ta show off like ya naa)

jonb
    Free Member

I ride a vintage inbred mtb to work. Only occasionally I take my roadbike.

Can't affort a santacruz though so it wasn't me. Any one ride a genesis croix de fer (sp?) I see a guy most mornings on one.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Anyone coming to Hamsterley tomorrow?

miketually
    Free Member

Anyone coming to Hamsterley tomorrow?

Unfortunately not. I was there last Sunday and the trails are ace at the moment. It's dry! Hamsterley! Dry!

Make sure you go up to the DH car park and ride the new red stuff from by the 4X start ramp.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Lovely and dry today. Good day out with the extra bits and some hidden stuff. Has improved a lot. Quite like the little wall ride, bomb hole and boardwalk drop off. Section 13 is worth climbing back up to go around twice as well.

miketually
    Free Member

Section 13's not stood up to the winter weather like the other stuff unfortunately. Still fun though.

father
    Free Member

I'll need to get wheels straightened and brakes fixed after this weekend's soiree in the Forest of Dean, then I should be up for this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘STW Durham/Newcastle meet….’ is closed to new replies.