Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • STW Fabulous Five Dream Team – Today's Glentress Ride Pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Had a simply fantastic day out today with Trekster, Deejay, and Mr and Mrs Pyekid. The Pyhekids have been had already done a few day's of Stanes riding, but we managed to talk them into joining us for the Black run.

We did the black all the way round to half way up Redemption, then up for Betty Blue, then down the red route via the Pie Run, until almost back to the start. Mr and Mrs Pyekid then left us to head back down the Blue, but Trekster, DeeJay and I went back up the first combined singletrack to the bike park and then hit Electric Blue.

Wow – it's just one descent after another huh on the Black? Britney Spears, The Mustard Snake, Boundary Trail, Shane McGowan, and then the monster that is Deliverance. I'll have to say it before the others do – I got down those in one piece but got rather vocal at one point where I comitted to a section at speed, then things got a bit blurry and very steep, but yeah, made it.

DeeJay got spat out by a viscious hole on Deliverance, bursting his tubeless tyres and cutting him up a tad, but we all made it back to the Hub, despite me getting up close and very personal with a tree during a rooty section too far for me on the Pie Run.

Full set of pics here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157622254784791/

All in all a top day out and I look forward to seeing Trekster and DeeJays' photos as I think they have some corkers too.

Next stop Kirroughtree Thursday with the Pyekids!

Kit
    Free Member

Simon, stop making us all jealous! 😉

pyekid
    Free Member

Not sure about the fabulous, but still a fantastic day out on the bikes.
    I'm still a bit confused about how we can be half way up a climb four times(trekster)
    And thanks from Caz for the coaching you gave her on the way down.
    Hope you got home okay Dee Jay you took that fall like a man,
    And we'll see you Thursday Simon.
    Cheers

Trekster

pie2

How do I do the pic link?

I'm still a bit confused about how we can be half way up a climb four times(trekster)

Cheers Caz 🙂

I put it down to having the odd "senior moment"

rOcKeTdOg

gnarl-core to the max

GT is brill when it's that dry, v jealous!

ton

deejay………….fall……………words that are rarely seen together.

but this thread is useless without picture evedence…. 😉

DeeJay
    Free Member

Excellent day Simon – nice to meet you all. Got back about 8.30. I will sort out my photo's tomorrow.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ton – I thought it rude to take a photo of blood so didn't!

RD – * cough * Trekster's photo is far too flattering. I failed twice to clear the downhill rocks and followed Trekster's advice never to try something 3 times!

And what Trekster has kindly said is this is the bit where 1 second later I go into that fence 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

looks dry,hitting GT 2mr i feel

DeeJay
    Free Member

Very dry today – my bike has more blood on it than mud!!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Radoggair

Bone dry and no one even had to even think about washing their bikes, they just went straight back into the car.

I also forgot to thank DeeJay for some Skillz lessons after he went down Betty Blue behind me (and ended up in front * ahen *). But he put me stright on how to do berms, and wow – Electric Blue – how fun was that and yes for the first time I was actually getting some airtime on the jumps.

I think everyone today finished with massive grins and all feeling like you were 12 years old again 😀 I am sure we did the best combination of black, red and blue. Maybe we could have added in Spooky Wood too or maybe done a bit more red rather than the Pie Run but that was my suggesiton as I was feeling ragged at that point!

DeeJay
    Free Member

My pictures of the 'STW fabulous Five Dream Team' – check out Simon's face as he approaches those rocks – and after!

Hope you and the Pyekids have a great day tomorrow 😀

edit – click pic for more

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – DeeJay – you have taken some really excellent photos there.

Yeah – I may have made some faces as well as making a lot of sound but heck, had a great time! Shame you can't make it tomorrow or next weekend but hey ho.

Look forward to seeing your Wales photos too.

DeeJay
    Free Member

The Wales ones are there – just have look at the sets – check out the size of those quiches I was telling you about.

Trekster

Great pics DeJay. How`s the cuts and bruises ❓

I think everyone today finished with massive grins and all feeling like you were 12 years old again

Only on the very last bit 😆
    Felt my age(and wieght)on that sweet :cry:climb to HH shelter.

ton

fella's stop rubbing it in alright….. 😥

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – here is me and Trekster grinning like a 12 year old at the end 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – huge quiches.

Ton – do you think Mr and Mrs Pyekid and I will find quiches like them in Castle Douglas after our sunny mid-week ride in Kirroughtree tomorrow? 🙂

DeeJay
    Free Member

How`s the cuts and bruises

Cleaning the grit and sh*te out was somewhat painful last night but everything still works and there was only a very small hole in my shirt – result 8) – looks like the bike needs a new cable and and tyre – I'm surprised I did'nt have another puncture when you see how much tube is sticking out of the side wall!

Now – which are the best pads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh, and DeeJay – I for one was good on my promise to Caz not to upload the photo I took of her pushing! Take note!

Trekster

Yup.Once Caz gets her mojo back she will be giving you a hard time next ride Si.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am thinking that mojo will be back with a vengence at Kirroughtree with a hooping and a hollering on the final red descent huh?

I'll let her take a photo of me pushing up Heartbreak Hill too 🙂

pyekid
    Free Member

Hi guys, some good photos there and also a couple of me 😉 we have rested most of the day with only 1hr of shopping.
    We've been looking at the kirroughtree map and Caz says she will be pushing well before heartbreak hill, and of course I'll do the gentleman thing and push with her!
    Any how thanks again to trekster and deejay for an enjoyable if not exhausting day, and we'll see you at 10am Simon, if you want I'll bring you a set of pedals as I think you need them.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah- Please bring them and a pedal tool! Oh, they need to match my bike though. Colour is everything you know.

Anyway I tried to take Forge's advice in June in terms of getting up those little tricky bits at Kirroughtree and went for it a second time. Only problem I had to dab but there was nothing there – just a ditch and a long way down 🙂 So yeah, there may be a bit of pushing from yours truely too!

I think my legs are just about recovered today. Oh and it looks like tomorrow will be warmer than today too.

pyekid
    Free Member

No preblem, the pedals are black which I think yours were once.

simonralli2
    Free Member

No – they came in a battered metallic grey colour and are in no way a reflection of how many rocks they have hit 🙂

lowey

Just spotted this. Nice pics all… dead jealous.

And echo what Ton said… Deejay falling off ?? unheard off.

simonralli2
    Free Member

In all honesty, it's not like DeeJay fell. He was hammering down Deliverance and then his tyre burst and he was thrown off. Respect is due I feel.

And ton, if you're reading this, am about to have dinner and then post today's Kirroughtree photos with the Pyes 😀

ojom
    Free Member

went to Innerleithen today for a XC round. It were dry as hell. Lovely.
    Then went to GT for a play on the jumps and stuff and a great bacon and egg roll! score!

Trekster

Jumps were all closed off on Tues.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘STW Fabulous Five Dream Team – Today's Glentress Ride Pics’ is closed to new replies.