Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • STW forum is better than bike radar forum because ?
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

As a recent convert I am amazed how quick threads are answered on STW

druidh
    Free Member

It helps that there are basically only two sub-forums and even then you can view them as one.

Edukator
    Free Member

It's like fishing in a fish farm.

elliptic
    Free Member

Also, the replies you get on STW are all entirely helpful and to the point. 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

The average BikeRadar forumite will take quite a long time to read the post whereas the levels of literacy are a little higher here, hence the quicker response.

jedi

forums are like bars. each one has different decor and clientel

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

STW forum is better than bike radar forum because…

… of me!

😉

CountZero

Agree with druidh, it's just about the easiest forum to use, I've found.

pcb
    Free Member

Two forums. Simples

crazy-legs

One thing I hate about forums is having them spilt into God knows how many sub forums, this one is so easy, everything all there in one place. It also helps that there's thousands of users.

I'm always amazed at the depth of knowledge on here actually, it's very rare you see a thread (no matter how bizarre the subject matter) where there's not *someone* available to help (or if not help then at least come up with a pithy comeback!).

jedi

i love it here

grumm
    Free Member

One thing I hate about forums is having them spilt into God knows how many sub forums

Yup def agree with that. I like seeing roadie threads, touring threads, CX threads, DH threads etc – but probably wouldn't bother going into a separate forum with those topics.

stumpyjon

Must admit I rather liked the BR format when I first arrived here, actually prefer the simpler approach here now. In fact I usually just browse both forums in one.

Average age here is a little higher here too. Fewer complete newbies too (not saying that's a good thing, just get fewer helmets / spds / can't index my gears threads).

gwaelod
    Free Member

The average BikeRadar forumite will take quite a long time to read the post whereas the levels of literacy are a little higher here, hence the quicker response

Cough – another way to put this would be people on Bikeradar waste time reading the original post, on STW people just reply after reading the title

mun

😉

genesis
    Free Member

Its great here, just need to let admin keep some of the real loonies ranting.

duckman

I like it here, I had decided to knock it all on the head at the end of the summer,and concentrate on climbing.I sold my bike and most of my kit. but visiting his site kept me in the fold and alas,made me buy a newish superlight…which as is the nature of this site, I am thinking of getting rid of for a 29 alfine!

ton

all other forums are shyte………………but the shytiest is MLEH.
    MLEH is **** shyte……………FACT 8)

Curly68
    Free Member

I haven't been a member on here very long but really like this forum. Seems to have an older age range and humour to go with it. Also helps that a lot of the subjects are written in english and not text speak!
    Also, the classifieds are an excellent place to buy stuff at a good price and not inflated prices like other places.

warton
    Free Member

hora?

Harry_the_Spider

There are other forums?

I'm off!

Suggsey
    Free Member

I do sometimes get the feeling that we are a slightly older more grown up forum/site but to be honest isnt it all in keeping with the style of the relevant associated magazines?

zaskar
    Free Member

Bike Radar has great info and articles when they get them right.

This Forum is simple and quick but the articles are ok but Road.cc is good!

We need both so they can compete and improve each other!

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Bike Radar has great info and articles when they get them right.

I agree with zaskar!

I do like dipping into BikeRadar for reviews etc and do like the content.

The forum there is very "chopped-up" and so i find the simple set-up here far more palatable

IMHO of course : )

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Same as many say above, I prefer just the two STW forums, so I can reasonably easily just scan thru them to see if there's any topics I'm interested in. Can't be bothered with going in and out of all the catagories in BR. IQ and manners seem to be a bit better on STW aswell, not always tho.

lowey

I like the 2 forums, I like the people here, I like the depth of knowledge here, the humor is right up my street, the sheer amount of users is ace, and people are usually very helpful.

higgo
    Free Member

It's a North/South thing.

BigJohn

And trolls never get mistaken for serious posts on STW. Oh no. Certaiinly not on a Friday.

yetiguy
    Free Member

North south thing ?

Which is STW then.

North ?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think the bike radar content is terrible and lazy. It will never work because they've got the mags to protect. It's all cut down, shortened and delayed to not upset the mag buyers.

Like all bigger media and the music industry, online scares them and their traditional business model and they need to adapt.

BigJohn

So not like STW at all then.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…it's like a real community, yeah 😉

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well STW are dabbling in charging for content online but the mag is still effectively protected. I think future have simply sailed their mags down the river in a big way.

My initial comment was really aimed at those suggesting Bike Radar had good content, which I personally think is quite terrible, Maybe I'm wrong though 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

The only problem I have with BR is the same as you get with any place populated by the yoof; namely there's no place for diverging opinions. Here you might get ripped a bit for your preferences but a lot of the young-uns stick very much to their recieved wisdom on BR. I saw a strange argument about whether it's best to ride DH with flats or SPDs that ran and ran based on which rider the poster was a fanboy of rather than any experience.

Course the more considered people on BR are pretty much the same as on here so that's all good.

mt
    Free Member

It's the thinking mans forum…mainly white, middle aged, middle class, bleeding heart liberal to neo con. I love it after all where can we go to rant and learn.

Mark

http://www.singletrackworld.com/premier

Nope.. Not like us at all

SaxonRider

I'm always amazed at the depth of knowledge on here actually…

Mostly I'm amazed at how some people with no knowledge at all are quite willing to spout their strident opinions on certain subjects. On the other hand, it's easy enough to avoid those threads and just appreciate the forum for what it is.

In any case, some of the most annoying commentators on here can also be the most humorous, so it all balances out in the end.

midgebait
    Free Member

If you're new then ask a question about best bikes for XXXC 😉

Go on, you know you want to 😉

DaRC_L

Is XXXC where you mix dogging and riding?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘STW forum is better than bike radar forum because ?’ is closed to new replies.