Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • STW forum ride – Eastern Dartmoor 3/9/11
  • trailmonkey

Ok, thinking the weekend of 3rd & 4th of September. Preferably Saturday the 3rd.

Starting somewhere around Bovey Tracey so that it’s easily accessable from the A38.

Route will be quite short in distance, but big on fun with a distinct bias towards exploiting as many descents as is possible in the time available.

Terrain is pretty steep and rocky but is definately rideable by all. Anyone who has not ridden this area, really ought to 😀

Be nice to see some faces from further afield as well as the D-Mo posse dem.

Any takers ?

orena45

(Edit 😉 ) Could be up for it, put me down as a ‘maybe’!

trailmonkey

date edited ta

instanthit
    Free Member

I could be up for it, but am dependent on wife not working so free’d up from childcare. So a maybe, will clarify nearer the time.

instanthit
    Free Member

As a further to above i am looking at a midweek bivvy(ie after 5pm start return to work next morning) on the moors, possibly 9th or 10th August no set plan or route yet but if anyone else interested?

Del

i’ll have the satellites re-tasked. 😀

trailmonkey

i somehow doubt that there will be a wildebeast style take up on this one.

satellites on stand down 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

shame, am away on hols – really keen to get ride in on dartmoor one day as heard great things, 😥

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m in, will book the day off. 😀

@ instant hit check the bivvy thread i posted about potato cave..ace place to bivvy!

sharki
    Free Member

Planning a swift return for said jolly across yonder moorland.

IdleJon

Definitely interested – it’s only 3hours down the motorway.

I’ll have to see if I can book time off work, book time off family, if I have motivation post-Transwales, etc.

I’ll let you know closer to the time.

jam-bo

Is there an uplift?

bitemebryn
    Free Member

I’m INN

trailmonkey

Is there an uplift?

sure, we’ll be using the bovey valley gondola and any chairs that remain open.

crispybacon
    Free Member

very interested I just need to pick my time to ‘err book the time off for this one 😕

andywill

Could well be interested. We were going to try to get down to the Quantocks soon (probably Sept) so may be able to combine the 2. It may be too early in September though. I will ask if anyone else is keen & get back to you.
    Andy

yunki
    Free Member

yes please… count me in..

thepublican
    Free Member

Will be there for sure for me if not working on a Saturday. I usually ride up from newton abbot train station being a car-less Exeter rider, so the start place is ideal.

Been meaning to be more sociable for a while!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Gutted! 🙁 (well, sort of anyway) Keep trying to catch up with you guys every time I see a post….but this particular weekend I’ll be packing my bike ready for my flight to California on the Friday! 😀

Bucko

Count me in. I’ll be driving from Exeter with my bike on the roof so there’s plenty of bike room in the boot if anyone needs a lift

crispybacon
    Free Member

after a bit of judicial scheming planning I’ve now got the green light to join in the fun 😀

OCB
    Free Member

Kinda an aside I guess … but how far up the Wray Valley trail on the old / disused / retired railway line can one get from Bovey these days (or how far down from Moretonhampstead)?

I see that the bridge at Budleigh Farm just south of Moretonhampstead has been reinstated now, so I guess things are starting to join up …

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Did a loop from Bovey with Carl Philips last week. One of the best evenings I’ve had on a bike in ages. I’m in.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Yes.

Probably. 😀

trailmonkey

bagpuss, you are coming.

we’re planning to kidnap you on the friday night and stash you in a bag somewhere on the railway. we’ll be along on saturday morning to let you loose 8)

flatfish
    Free Member

Just trying to work out logistics but defo interested.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I might gander down and join you if I may!

trailmonkey

of course 8)

samsmedium
    Free Member

New to the forums but would like to explore that area of Dartmoor, where would be the starting point in Bovey?

trailmonkey

not sure yet, could be the railway, most likely yarner.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’d be up for this, but I can’t make that weekend, on account of falling off hills with a bike in the lakes.

trailmonkey

if i couldn’t make the cleave then i’d be content if i was in the lakes instead.

there will be other rides i’m sure.

Sandwich

Any half way decent camping close by? I could be persuaded and I have transport for another from Suffolk.

trailmonkey

lots i’d have thought. the area relies on tourism so you should be able to find something.

can’t give any personal recommendations but google’s your friend.

trailmonkey

thought i’d give this a bump just to remind everyone that it’s still on and we look forward to showing everyone our lovely east d-mo goodness 8)

Candodavid
    Free Member

I might be there as scienceofficer fell off the mendips and broke himself so now Lakes trip cancelled and I need somewhere to ride.

trailmonkey

*daily bump*

trailmonkey
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘STW forum ride – Eastern Dartmoor 3/9/11’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM