Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • STW musos collaboration – backing track here!
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

For all of you that fancied having a go at the music collaboration thingy I posted here……

Here’s your backing track…
    C minor blues

….just in case you never spotted halfway down the other thread.

Record yourself playing, video it, send it to me (stratobiker at yahoo.co.uk), video/audio/stills whatever and I’ll cobble it all together!

SB 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have to say it is a highly polished backing track!

Will give it my best shot tonight, although I am not too sure if 90s acidicy housey vibes will mix in 🙂 Will just find a few bars to noodle around to and give everyone else plenty of time and space heh

stratobiker
    Free Member

Simon, I didn’t record the backing track, it’s one I found ‘out there’ a while ago.

Noodle away!

SB

grumm
    Free Member

Here’s my cheesy 12 bars of widdling added to the backing track. 😛

http://www.4shared.com/file/103526453/1e673ee2/stw_blues.html

stratobiker
    Free Member

Hey grumm! Well done, nicely widdled, you’re the first one in!

Got any video or stills to go with that?

C’mon guys…….

SB

grumm
    Free Member

No video or owt I’m afraid – could try and redo it with a video if I get time in my busy schedule. 😉

Come on everyone!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Some people do have jobs to do you know and can’t be hanging out on STW and making music all day!!

grumm
    Free Member

OI! I’m ‘working at home’ today, and my job involves making music anyway. 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Blimey – if you’re a pro how much pressue is now on us amateurs who only have a fleeting aquaintance with anything approaching musical ability? 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

I’m certainly not a pro at playing the guitar, did you not listen to the clip?

I am usually more of a facilitator (standard excuse for lack of skills) and producer/sound engineer. 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Oh and here’s a pic (sorry taken with webcam) – damn I ned to do some work!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Stratobiker

My “contribution” has been emailled to you 😀

chipps

Nice widdling Grumm. Is that an Aria Pro II? Or some kind of old Ibanez?

Are we all picking eight bars? Or are we widdling over everything, so to speak?

stratobiker
    Free Member

hi chipps,

Play once or twice round (12 or 24 bars).

Or if you’d prefer to widdle over everything. I’ll pick your best bits.

UPDATE – 2 in so far. C’mon guys!

🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers Chipps, its a Music Man Sabre II from sometime between 1978 and 1980.

Like this but black

plumber
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7V3PGX_cX0

Jazz-tastic-tapping-n-gurninng-a-gogo

Regards

Plum

Thanks for the opportunity to display my mediocrity

stratobiker
    Free Member

Hey Plum,
    Excellent widdlin’ dude. I love it.

Can you send me the vid (stratobiker at yahoo.co.uk) ‘cos I dunno how I can download it from youtube.

UPDATE – we got three now!

C’mon guys!!!

Rock’n’roll…..

SB

coffeeking
    Free Member

I often wish I had musical abilities, this is one of those times. Damn you all!

blutac
    Free Member

Hi

just emailed you some noodlings

cheers Dave

augeri
    Free Member

What a great idea – lovin it so far 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

I often wish I had musical abilities, this is one of those times. Damn you all!

Er – given that some of my noodles appear to have been accepted into the final mix, I really don’t think total lack of music ability is a barrier to appearing in this masterpiece.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh – all you have to do is video it and upload for free at http://www.4shared.com – then send the url to stratobiker.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I really don’t think total lack of music ability is a barrier to appearing in this masterpiece.

I can’t coordinate two hands together when in combination with an instrument – that pretty much limits my input 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nah – this is jazz – anything goes. Just hold a c down on a little casio – that will work. The locate F, G and Bb and away you go 🙂

augeri
    Free Member

Hi SB,

So how do we get to hear all the contributions? Only had the pleasure of Plum’s and Grumm’s so far 🙂

A

simonralli2
    Free Member

You may well need to wait till the final mix gets produced. My own humble contribution really should never see the light of day and I really do mean that. You may just hear a few bars of noodle in the final mix.

augeri
    Free Member

Hi Simon,

I’m sure you’re being overly modest – any contribution is better than none – which is all you’d get from a wanna be such as myself oh and coffee king by his own account 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

You haven’t seen my legendary version of wonderwall now have you? Others have and let’s just say the feedback wasn’t pretty. 😕

augeri
    Free Member

This is true – Is it still available for review?

Jakester
    Free Member

Can you use a drum solo in there? 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

This is true – Is it still available for review?

Er – you have been warned 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2SxuASXlnI&feature=channel_page

augeri
    Free Member

OMG you were right! More blunderwall than wonderwall and you may rest assured that no-one else feels the way I do about you now – or perhaps they do. That’s really brightened my day 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

See – in no way can anyone now accuse me of false modesty huh?

augeri
    Free Member

Indeed 😀

stratobiker
    Free Member

augeri – In answer to your question. I’m hoping to edit them all together (sequentially) and post the finished full-on STW widdle on youtube so that everyone can enjoy it.

Jakester – If you wanna do a drum solo that would be superb. Go once/twice around, keep the tempo, I’ll slot it in.

UPDATE – It’s taking shape. C’mon guys (including girls), get widdling.
    I’m thinking I’ll keep submissions open until Sunday night. Does that sound fair?

SB 🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

My widdle has been posted here
    Hope nobody’s claimed the end bit yet.

[edit] doesn’t seem to play right streamed from the site, but works when downloaded [edit]

[edit2] Oh and forgot to mention, Cm is a bitch to improvise in [edit2]

grumm
    Free Member

I can’t get it to work downloaded or not – vid plays but sound is messed up and the mp3 won’t play at all.

Is that a rack of outboard gear I spy in the background on the vid though? 😛

guitarhero
    Free Member

mp3 should be silent till the last minute to sync up with the backing track.
    Damn on the video. works ok when i download it, but could be a codec thing.
    Yes rack of outboard gear, most of which gathers dust, although did use my digitech jobbie for the recording.

grumm
    Free Member

Watched the other video – seriously good skills, I’m well impressed! Much better than my effort.

I too have a load of outboard stuff I rarely use – should get rid really.

Good to see you live up to your username 😛

guitarhero
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve put a few different formats up now so good to know somethings working. The Divx one is the best quality.
    Yeah Grumm, thousands of quids worth of rack gear and i mostly play through a Marshall Lead 12 i bought off a mate for £20. Ho Humm

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘STW musos collaboration – backing track here!’ is closed to new replies.