Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • stw ride 6th sept lee quarry role call
  • justme
    Free Member

Who's in then?
    Usual crack 930 meet at futures park – will post map later (or someone will). will have to be ready to roll at 10 to follow racers for the 1st few yards (have sorted this with the brownback guys)
    have sorted a slightly shorter route than the usual epics to allow time to play in rossy's top mtb play area at the end (shorter doesn't mean easier tho'just means the ups and downs are a little more compacted!)
    also can we all say happy birthday to lowey cos its today (i think)
    g

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'll be there.

lowey

I'm in and thanks for the Birthday wishes. Life begins today apparently.

4130soul
    Free Member

whereabouts is lee quarry?
    the last stw ride looked like fun and was a shame to miss it

Pook

I'll be in Greece.

😀

montylikesbeer

yup count me in and guy as well

DeeJay
    Free Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY lowey – you young man you!

I think we will be 8 – not to sure about Brian as the twins have made an appearance 6 weeks early – 2 boys – all OK.

Map definately needed please. Ton is coming too but is on holiday until the 5th

justme
    Free Member

4130 – lee quarry is in rossendale in lancashire it is the site of the brownbacks racing and the classic w/ender that there was discrete rumours about on here
    deeejay – will get lowey or someone to post a map up next week cos i cant do it (worst case I'll email you directions)please pass my congrats to brian and family
    g

Junkyard
    Free Member

evening bump

Vortexracing

Count me in.

I think Grant, Paul and Tom maybe, but he maybe racing in the brown back thingy with jo, yip she is back on the bike.

BTW Graham no bloody deejay climbs at the end please.

Gee76
    Free Member

Cheers Chucky should be ok for it me thinks. Let me know if ya fancy a warm up in the morning (or Sunday morning) fella!!.

Vortexracing

Can't do tomorrow the Mrs and kids have a full day sorted for me, as well as 2 x new tyres for the front of the Xsara.

Saturday night we have got rid of the kids (wink, wink) I know it won't mean a thing to you not having any, but trust me if you and your Mrs have em, getting rid for one night is a big thing. That said I will be looking to get out over the weekend at some point.

R U gardening this weekend?

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Yes there are no issues with what is being planned, however
    I would ask that STW riders obey the parking restrictions and listen to the marshals/ team

please stay below the main gate until the first start as you will not be appreciated on the main track at the mass start

the good news is that you can get yourself a pre-ride feed and hot drink from our caterer who should be setup from 8ish and check out grass roots racing at it's rawest

If any of you can't ride and want to help with the race we would love you to get in contact info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

have fun and enjoy the local trails

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Morning Bump.

hp_source

I'm in 🙂

See you there…. now what cake can i make this time. hmm

Cheers

justme
    Free Member

bump

stumpyjon

Might be up for this seeing as it's on my doorstep, unfortunately my lad's going into hospital for an op on the Friday so not sure how things will turn out.

marsdenman
    Free Member

So,
    Right on my bliddy doorstep well, compared to the recent rides – Check
    MrsMM got her own plans for the day (not that it would matter, but tis nice) – Check

Laid low with bronchitis at the mo – CHECK – not a happy bunny 👿

So, currently, as i'll still have the day to myself….

option 1 – still be ill
    option 2 – come over and hone photog skills on the brownbacks race
    option 3 – a mate can arrange a pit pass for a classic car race – more photog opportunity

Keith – thanks for the e-mail – unlikely i'll be down the pub tomorrow – see above – tempting though it is i'm trying to minimise germ spreading…. 🙄

Not going to stop me saying – Have fun all!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sunday evening BUMP

izakimak
    Free Member

I'll be there with one maybe two others. Are we meeting at lee quarry?

crazy-legs

Slight hijack (sorry!) but can I enter the race on the line? I won't know until the day before if I can do it or not but I'd like to get over there if I can.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

race can be entered on the line 08:30 rgistration opens, 09:30 closes

10:00 racing starts

Junkyard
    Free Member

evening bump and can I scrounge a lift from someone?
    Vortex you got room?
    No car this weekend ta

taka
    Free Member

looks like me n my bro are coming to collect some wheels and test my new bike 😉

izakimak
    Free Member

Junkyard If you get stuck for a lift i can probably help you out, let me know how you get on.

taka
    Free Member

we might be able to int van if your on the way/small shortcut

tom

Brownbacks
    Free Member

If anyone is not upto riding and fancies marshalling we are down on numbers at the moment (stealing Grahame doesn't help)

we will of course be eternally grateful as well as looking after you on the day. Turn up for 08:45 and you wil be finished by 13:00

email info@brownbacksracing.co.uk if you can help

Thanks

taka
    Free Member

brownbanks ygm 😉 me n bro backed out of riding as i have no brakes and crc wont get them to me by then

tom 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm never been to Lee Quarry, it's my birthday on Friday and my main riding buddy has just moved to Canada. **** it why not.

Junkyard whereabouts are you is it Chorley way? I could probably give you a lift coming from Lancaster.

lowey
    yoshimi

I'm gonna have to give this a miss which is a shame, I've just not beeen getting in enough miles and probably struggle on a 30mile+
    The fitness that I build up after the the Grizedale fiasco seems to have deserted me in just a month – back on it now but the the 12mile easy rivvy loop I did last night had me breathing through my backside 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

excellent will own you Thursday now as I am in training for the coast to coast!

Grumm cheers for offer but have a lift from Vortex who will drive past mine on way anyway…. you can still collect me if you need directions to Lee Quarry etc
    Happy Birthday for Friday

yoshimi

There will be no 'owning' – this is a gentle 'bimble' – btw what time / you coming to mine?

Junkyard
    Free Member

up to you wife kids away so whenever

justme
    Free Member

few bits for sunday
    the usual 930 meet time but can we meet by the stone blocks on the main car park to avoid getting mixed up with the racers!
    also we HAVE to be ready to ride at ten because we have to follow the 1st lot of racers up the struggle into the quarry if this goes wrong we will have to go round the road which would be a shame (the brownback guys are ok with this)
    Paul – raine is happy to marshall in my absence and she will bring the van if you wish to use it will ring you sat re this
    yoshimi – the route is not as long as some of the previous ones to allow time for people to have time in the quarry
    dj any chance you can bring the pace fs so I can try it on familiar ground please
    g

Brownbacks
    Free Member

justme, thanks. Talk Sat

chico
    Free Member

what time do you get back to car park.

Vortexracing

No problem in picking you up Johnny.

I'm a little concerned at no mention of cakes yet. If you all recall i missed it and the tea due to having to pick Tom up from the pub after he faked the rear wheel seize.

What delicassy are you baking Johnny?

chico
    Free Member

justme. Not been on stw group ride before. can make sunday but need to know finish time as lad i ride with has to be back to look after kids by 5.30

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘stw ride 6th sept lee quarry role call’ is closed to new replies.