Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar Components kevlar pads
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

Just seen these on their newsletter
    kevlar pads

Seem interesting. Do any other manufacturers do pads with kevlar strands in?

simon1975

Mazda, apparantly 🙂

“The world of high performance brake pads has changed many times in the last few years. The first major factor was the banning of all asbestos in any brake material. The next was the introduction of carbon/metallic and carbon/kevlar material. There were initially many different combinations of compounds, virtually none of which were available for any MAZDA. This has finally all settled down, and we are now able to offer carbon/kevlar pads for all the MAZDA’s that work great for hard street driving, autocross/slalom, and road racing. The carbon/kevlar we offer is much less destructive to the rotors as compared to the carbon/metallic. They also require much less “bedding-in”, work fine when cool, warm up fast, and last the same as the carbon/metallic.”

glenh
    Free Member

Sounds good. Performance of resin + life time of sintered.

Awaits reports…..

votchy
    Free Member

Does the friction material stick to the backing plate though? 😈

WackoAK
    Free Member

I bought some off them at Fort William (they had a trade stand) I’ll be using them over the weekend and will let you know.

scruff
    Free Member

Did someone mention bedding in?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Will these make your rotors glow red/orange or do we need ceramic ones?

swoosh
    Free Member

they sound like the Semi-metallic plus pads that Fibrax have done for a while. I’ve been using them for a couple of years now and think they are just as good as the resin ones but with the life of the sintereds. if these SSC ones are just as good i’ll be buying them. not sure the mixture is the same tho.

retro83
    Free Member

WackoAK or anyone else, any reports on how they work yet?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

will they last 42% longer than organic pads?

fisha
    Free Member

no.

41% if your a fatty, and 43% if you wear lycra.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Components kevlar pads’ is closed to new replies.