• This topic has 51 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by lrd.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Surly this can't be right – £90 RS Lyrik on CRC
  • RustyMac

Just came accross this whilst aimlessly surfing trying to waste the day away with the flu.

£90 Lyrik

Please tell me i am not seeing things

Cheers

Rusty

ferrit
    Free Member

Buy it quick! They have to sell it to you at that price, don’t they?

mrmo
    Free Member

and you won’t get it at that price, E&O will sort that. It isn’t in stock for a start.

tthew

Order 10 and see if they deliver??

Rockplough
    Free Member

1. It’s probably an error.
    2. I would have kept quiet about it just in case.

organic355
    Free Member

RRP 999.99

Buy it and see what happens? dont they have to sell it to you at that price if it is advertised like that?

You can always cancel or return?

pedalhead
    Free Member

yeah definitely looks like a typo. I’m thinking £899.99…btw when the hell did forks get so expensive?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Its an invitation to buy, and since payment is via an automated process with nobody to spot the error they don’t have to supply.

Probably meant to be £899.99

pedalhead
    Free Member

Isn’t it just an “invitation to treat” or whatever it’s called…advertised price doesn’t have to be upheld blah blah

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

E&O??

geoffj

E&O??

Errors and Omissions

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well why not? They have 77% discount on Suntour Forks

MRanger156
    Free Member

Anyone ordered a pair yet? Im tempted.

psychle
    Free Member

ordered… though I give it a 0.01% chance of being honoured 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

We all wait with breath held….

Underhill
    Free Member

2010 ones can be had on Merlin for £500. How did they step up to £1k?

Very tempted to give £90 a bash tho…

J0N
    Free Member

I Ordered a pair. Hope the 2 step function is sorted for 2011.
    I hope they are 1 & 1/8th steerer or they will be getting returned or an excuse for a new frame. 😐
    everything looking normal so far will (automated) confirmation email through already.

LoCo
    Free Member

Currently there’s a crc web guy being beaten with bombers….

YoKaiser
    Free Member

CRC have done this before with a pair of FSA carbon timetrial cranks. AFAIK they honoured their side until the stocks ran out or someone got a chance to change it. Theres a thread on a forum called tritalk if you wish to have a read.

Underhill
    Free Member

Ordered. Don’t really care if the 2-step is sorted if I get me a set for £90.

Feel a little bad about it, but I’m sure I’ll get over it.

1981miked
    Free Member

Just ordered a set aswell. fingers crosse, be on classifieds as soon as they arrive!

MrTall
    Free Member

Showing as £899 now so i wouldn’t hold your breath!

gazc
    Free Member

gone back to 899.99 now!

shotsaway
    Free Member

CRC have realised. Now £899

wheelz
    Free Member

I wonder how many people managed to get in quick and buy them for £89.99? I also wonder whether CRC will honour the price for those that did?

chojin
    Free Member

well I ordered a pair at £89.99… now it’s time to play the waiting game.

aaaahhh the waiting game sucks, let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe they were short a few quid and needed to have your money in their account for a few days to cover some bills, They’ll pay you back after the end of the month.

RustyMac

Well thoes that ordered, if you get them for £90 you can all buy me a beer as thanks. I drink Peroni

cheers

Rusty

chojin
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Maybe they were short a few quid and needed to have your money in their account for a few days to cover some bills, They’ll pay you back after the end of the month.

Free forks!!

woohoo!

1981miked
    Free Member

AH Shucks!

I just got the email conformation and it is showing £899….time to cancel the order even though it showed £89.99 the whole way throught the order process!

chiefP
    Free Member

I spotted it just after 3 this afternoon so my mate bought 2 and got the confirmation email with the price £89.99 so will wait and see but i dont see why the Lyrics have an RRP of £999.99 thats taking the p*** even the 2011 Boxxers are slightly cheaper and i dont rate them anyway.

Dancake
    Free Member

Its because these have a 28mm Hexagon steerer and are designed around 25″ wheels

steve_b77
    Free Member

I had this with a Laptop from PC world a couple of years ago. It was up at £99.99 in their sale and everywhere else it was £399.99.

So I reserved it for collect in store, printed off the conformation of order email and a copy of their online T&C’s which stated that as soon as the email is received that is the price that the goods are sold at even on collect & pay in store.

Off I toddled with 3 work colleagues (they all got one too) presented the reservation emails to the store, saw the manager smack his forehead in a Homer style Doh! paid them the £99.99 and walked out with the laptop, they were most unimpressed 😆

Underhill
    Free Member

I checked my confirmation letter & it’s £89.99. Really wish I’d bought 2 now.

2 weeks to sweat it out.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Best of luck, print off their T&C’s too for online orders as back up

Underhill
    Free Member

And Rusty, if this works out, there is definitely a drink behind the bar for you

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

No chance, from the CRC site:

Whilst we do our best to ensure prices are up to date and correct, errors may occur and in this case you will be contacted before your order is shipped.

chojin
    Free Member

Ah well, if you don’t buy a ticket for the lottery….

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Also, if they are out of stock, why wouldn’t they just tell everyone who ordered at £90 that they now can’t get hold of any?

mrplow
    Free Member

Would be cracking if they did honour the mistake. I would trawl the site much more often looking for a bargain. Like viral advertising :mrgreen:

However if they don’t honour it – boo hiss! lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Surly this can't be right – £90 RS Lyrik on CRC’ is closed to new replies.