Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suspicious sale – anyone lost a Cannondale Hardtail / Lefty
  • 7hz
    Free Member

This looks very sus to me:

eBay item 270705241356

here i have for sale is my cannondale lefty, 2011 model mountain bike! this bike is a hardtail, cable diskbrakes an its got 27 gears! looked after bike! the onnly problem with the bike is it has a slight buckle in the back wheel! this bike rides smooth, an doesnt make any noises. advertised on other sites, so my b removed at anytime thanks! 700ono. if intrested call jay on 07943281564 this item needs to be picked up as i have no transport!! payment on collection please,

Guy obviously doesn’t have a clue as to the bike or what is on it.

sambob
    Free Member

Anyone who uses that many exclamation marks has to be shifty….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks like someone had it as a commuter.

Rochey
    Free Member

Look at the shifty bloke in the background too,

I know, knick it, take a pics on the path and sell straight away.

Easy money!!!

7hz
    Free Member

Yeh, that is not a 2011 frame or fork either AFAIK.

Thieving chav scum.

Hanging’s too good for em etc etc…

parisroubaix

its a 2003 f1000 that has magura hydraulic brakes, not cable. Very suspect.

admwlr
    Free Member

Just to let you all know, this bike is now in the possession of Cheshire Police who spotted that things didn’t add up with the advert and covertly arranged to view the bike. Can’t say we were massively helped by the “helpful” question on Ebay from someone questioning the bike’s legitimacy! All that does is spook the seller and they go to ground. I would suggest to anyone who spots something that looks to be stolen, rather than alert the “seller” to this fact, call the Police and speak to them. Most Forces have the capability to use covert tactics to deal with Ebay crimes.

We are having difficulty in finding the loser at the moment; you’d be amazed how many folk don’t record their frame numbers. This isn’t helped by the fact that Police Force property systems don’t speak to each other, so it’ll take a ring around several Forces to follow this up. What I would suggest is that if you’ve not already done so, register your bike on http://www.immobilise.com

This is free and if your bike is stolen, the frame numbers are searchable nationally by whichever Police area it turns up in. If we cannot reunite this bike with its owner, the “seller” gets it back!

Just to confirm it is a Cannondale F1000 SL (2003) with a Lefty DLR – spread the word and if you think it’s yours contact me on adam.waller@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

ashfanman
    Free Member

Excellent work Adam. Always gives me a warm feeling when you hear of stories like this.

What happened to the guy trying to sell it?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cheers for the link to http://www.immobilise.com Adam.

Just registered all my bikes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suspicious sale – anyone lost a Cannondale Hardtail / Lefty’ is closed to new replies.