Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Swallows?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Swallows have arrived in my corner of Fife. They are busily finding nesting spots. Summer must be on its way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Very disappointing thread

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bird of true love.

JY, you’re such a pervert 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I meant the lack of pictures obviously anything else all in your filthy mind 8)

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛 @ JY

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I meant to add, are there any near you yet?

lister

Swifts are here in Pembrokeshire, checking out the nest site in my roof 🙂 Swifts really mean summer!

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Annoying buggers that s**t on everything!

chorlton
    Free Member

Screaming Swifts here too in Rossendale. Love em.
    And heard Wood Warbler as well today. 😀

CountZero

It’s pigeons that crap on everything. I’m with lister here, swifts flying around screaming is the sound of summer for me.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Plenty up in Ft Willy last week, & heard a cuckoo every day wherever we went. (& no it wasn’t a clock)

jamesy01
    Free Member

Two swallows don’t make a summer….
    but they sure account for a hot night!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loads of birds out and about where I live.

I saw some Great Tits earlier today.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

The annual plague of House Martins arrived on Sunday evening. Sadly we have scaffolding up for roof repairs and it seems to have put the 10-12 pairs off that normally build on our house.
    As much as I love watching them they do make on hell of a mess on the patio so it is a bit of a dichotomy when i see them swooping in for a look and them thinking better of it.

Ambrose

I rescued a swallow trapped inside Moel Prysgau bothy a fortnight ago. They are so small! How something that tiny is able to fly such huge distances is astounding.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Annoying buggers that s**t on everything!

That’s true if they nest under your eves. But I don’t mind a bit of bird sh*t, I can think of worse things, eg. no birds/birdsong.

As it happens, I pointed out a swift to a mate on a bike ride today – first one I’d noticed this year.

Funny how they come all the way to Britain just to spend the summer here, when you consider what crap weather we usually have. If ever I come back reincarnated as a swift, I think I will take full advantage of the fact that having wings means that me and the missus can go and spend the summer wherever we fancy.

Stoner
    Free Member

whats moel prysgau like? Ive always though it didnt look very acommodating from the outside, unlie Claerddu:

Ambrose

Moel Prysgau is VERY spartan at the moment. New roof though, lots of firewood too. All of which is needed because the snug won’t be reinstated until this autumn 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

still looks like a valley’s council house 😉

roper
    Free Member

We’ve had swallows here for quite a few months. Bee eaters are arround a fair bit and I saw my first hoopoe of the year last week. I also got see a large-ish flock of black storks a couple of months back.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stop posting from the zoo roper

roper
    Free Member

the be fair I didn’t mention the colony of Northern Bald Ibis we have here 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Swallows?’ is closed to new replies.