Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Talk to me about towbar bike carriers
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

Basically I have an Altera Strada tow bar carrier, but it has been back to the place I got it 3 times and given up on it, it worked fine for a couple of months but when you attach it to the towbar, if you grab the end where the reg plate is you can actually lift it and it works its way lose, so after plenty of messing I have given up and am going to fork out for a new one, what would you recommend, i would like one that locks to the tow bar and bike lock to the carrier, preferably a 2 bike carrier

br
    Free Member

Thule’s work.

sheeps

Pendle… had mine for about 10 years and its bombproof. Oh, and it was second hand when I got it

druidh
    Free Member

Thule work really well.

I went for the older style Euroclassic Pro 902 which has the advantage of folding up really small for storage when not on he car. Takes two bikes, and 3 with an adapter. I am actually planning to sell it as I have now bought a van.

Kuco

I’ve got a Euroclassic Pro 902 and can’t fault it. Use to stick 2 DH bikes on it and whizz up and down the motorway with no problems.

project
    Free Member

ive got a thule euro classic g5 brand new never used for sale, won in competition.
    Email in profile.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the Thule Euro Classic and it’s brilliant. Once set up it’s installed in only a few minutes, the bikes are kept securely in place and little drag resistance. Getting into the boot is easy with or without the bikes mounted.

legend
    Free Member

Pendle… had mine for about 10 years and its bombproof. Oh, and it was second hand when I got it

They dont seem to like winter too much though 🙁 had my (heavy duty) wheel support rack for 2.5 years now and it’s getting pretty gubbed. Basically cant adjust it anymore (not handy when you’ve got to accomodate XC, jump and DH bikes) without ending up having to bodge it to stay in place again (the 2mm or so of thread ripped out last time, and the time before the head of the bolt sheared off when trying to loosen it).

It’s good n strong, but not fit n forget if you need to adjust it now n then(who wants to maintain a bike rack?)

Pooley
    Free Member

I have a Thule Xpress pro 970, 2 bike ball mount carrier. £50 worth of well thought out rack.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thule Euroclassic here too.

Love it and will buy another if I ever need to.

awesom-o
    Free Member

+1 for Thule…I have this one:

http://www.thule.com/en-GB/GB/Products/BikeCarriers/Towbar/Thule%20RideOn%209502.aspx

Been very reliable for the past year…plenty of 6+ hour car trips (Kent – Lakes District) and no problems at all…

winston_dog
    Free Member

These come highly recommended and a lot cheaper than Thule.
    Aiston

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

I’ve a Pendle 3 bike towball mounted bikerack for sale. Only used once as I realised I needed the bolt on one. Towball one is perfect if you don’t need to tow anything else at same time. £50 I’m in Huddersfield if interested.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about towbar bike carriers’ is closed to new replies.