Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tall Giant NRS owners – what size?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I'm looking at a Giant NRS (actually a 2001 XTC Mammoth but same thing) and am wondering if the large size will be big enough. I'm 6'5" with 35" inside leg and usually ride bikes with a 24-24.5"ish ETT.

The Giant is stated as 605mm (23.8") (here in the large/20.5" size which seems suprisingly short but I've also found more recent (2004 onwards) geometry charts which suggest that the top tube is more like 24.1" – eg more what I'd expect.

Any other tall riders got one and can comment? The XL looks absolutley huge at 22.5" and 25"ish top tube.

clubber
    Free Member

No one?

rootes1

christ you have only given people 54mins to response…

as a tall person myself 6'6" i woudl say the 20.5 is too small

clubber
    Free Member

I know 😉

it's also known as a bump 🙂

acorlett

I rode a 22.5 – don't think I would've gone down to a 20.5, but haven't tried it so can't really comment. I didn't feel overstretched lengthwise at all, but that super-high standover sucked a bit for technical riding. It was great for real XC riding, though – you could really stretch out on it.
    I think you'd probably get away with the 20.5 – they're big long bikes.

I'm 6'4"ish with a similar inside leg.

TooTall
    Free Member

rootes – clubber is in denial about being a tall bloke. He would ride a bmx with a 600mm seat tube if he could!

clubber
    Free Member

You're so wrong 🙂 I LOVE being tall. It ROCKS!

TooTall
    Free Member

You just want a teent tiny bike. Those who have seen you ride say it is so you have less to hit when you fall off!

will
    Free Member

I'm 6ft3" And rode a large 2005 NRS for about 4 years. Was a brilliant bike and was fine size wise for me. Only thing I would say is that in the last year or so, I made it very "racey" this did give me a pain in my back aftyer long rides.

My dad on teh other hand is 6ft 7" and also rides a large NRS with a long post. Riser bars/high stem etc… and he's fine.

rootes1

rootes – clubber is in denial about being a tall bloke. He would ride a bmx with a 600mm seat tube if he could!

have you seen the telescopic seat post on my brompton!

clubber
    Free Member

Those who have seen you ride say it is so you have less to hit when you fall off!

There may well be some truth in that 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

6'1", 34" inside leg, and ride a medium 2004 (I think, I'll double check) just fine.

emac65
    Free Member

At 6'1" a large fits me perfect but a medium is too small, so I reckon you'd need the XL….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tall Giant NRS owners – what size?’ is closed to new replies.