Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tediumtrackworld – in-built dishwashers
  • ourmaninthenorth

House we’ve bought has the sort of in-built dishwasher that requires all contents to be thoroughly handwashed before being placed in the washer to have waste food sprayed around like slurry.

So, anyone got a recommendation of a dishwasher that actually does as its name suggests?

Oh, and keep it sensibly priced.

wwaswas

Our Electrolux seems to do most stuff except scrambled egg pans at the first attempt.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers wwaswas – we are truly living the dream, aren’t we..!

wwaswas

In my head I’m still a rebel 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

I was looking at Miele when specc’ing the kitchen, but god they’re pricey (£800+ for a fairly basic version).

In the end, went for top of the range Bosch for half that and it’s been very good so far. Particularly liked it for the upper cuttlery draw.

Lets party!

ourmaninthenorth

Thank god Miele is out of our price range – though I have to say the washing machine is excellent (even if it is currently relegated to the garage – we’re a two washing machine house).

Party Seven anyone?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The only way you can bring excitement into your kitchen tedium is by buying an amusingly named dishwasher brand so you can giggle at the badge.

Consider either a Smeg or a Siemens

peterwp
    Free Member

+1 Stoner.
    Get the BOSCH! Same as a Siemens at half the price. Got the one down from top of the range, very very pleased. Had a standalone one in the previous house for 7 years and has been at my sisters house for another 4 years, still going strong.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Recently bought a Bosch
    It’s very quiet and the express wash takes just 1:20 and does a great job. Gets excellent reviews.

Stoner
    Free Member

the bosch is also quieter and uses less water than the Miele.

ART

Smeg here, seems to work fine. Chuck pretty much everything in dirty (i.e non of this pre-washing malarky 🙄 ) and it comes out clean, including on the eco setting. Can’t remember how much it was cause we bought it years ago, but I think around £300 mark..

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers all – looks like Bosch in top of the list (I’m easily swayed). 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

this is the one we went for:
    SMS69L22GB

1.05 kWh economy program
    38 dB
    10 litres water
    £475

the Miele equivalent:
    1.02 kWh economy program
    46 dB
    13 litres water
    c£800

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tediumtrackworld – in-built dishwashers’ is closed to new replies.