Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • The Boat that Guy Built
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some time ago I posted this thread:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/attention-guy-martin-fans-and-if-youre-not-you-will-be

Well, the programme starts next week:
    http://www.guymartinracing.co.uk/?cat=138

Woo-Hoo! 😀
    (Prime time BBC1. I do hope it’s good!)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bump!

Pigface
    Free Member

Got it on season record looking forward to it, hope I dont think he is an arse because he is great on a bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When I’ve seen him interviewed, he seems to be a really decent chap, if a bit, err, mad!

andycs

As I just posted elsewhere he could be the next Fred Dibnah!!

Northwind

From what I’ve seen of it, it’s trying slightly too hard and a bit too posed but still good. Guy Martin’s pretty much the boy in my eyes so it’ll have to be pretty awful before I admit there’s anything wrong with it at all, but, doesn’t look like it will be 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Guy Martin’s pretty much the boy in my eyes

He is pretty much a legend in his own lunch-hour, I agree!

We’re cycling the Walney to Whitby C2C this year, and then on to Scarborough to catch some racing at Olivers Mount. I’m hoping he’ll be there..!

ski
    Free Member

Mug of Tea at the ready, milk in first mind, as he likes it 😉

As I just posted elsewhere he could be the next Fred Dibnah!!

LOL

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads-up 😀

I’ve just done the remote record thing, does anyone know if it is possible to series link remotely too? (Sky, by the way.)

hora
    Free Member

Tick (**** all idea what hes saying though) 😆 :mrgreen:

z1ppy

well that’s going on the sky+, never heard of the guy before but with quotes like

“i don’t own a house, i don’t own a car, I own four push bikes and two tool boxes” (**** big ones!)

“reet”

“you know”

I believe I might be a fan.

Though I violently disagree with his theory on tea making, milk and the tea bag should never be in the cup/mug at the same timethe gospel according to z1ppy.

speaker2animals

A real racer – never going to be a super star but a real working man’s hero IMHO. Really looking forward to this. Hope that it pans out.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

milk and the tea bag should never be in the cup/mug at the same time

Correct.

The milk should be in the mug, the tea should be in the pot, under the tea cosy.

I think that’s whathe means!

DezB
    Free Member

Sideburns? I like him already 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Spent a day with Guy a few years ago – he’s one of the most genuine and funny people you could wish to meet. He really is in the Fred Dibnar vein and was very enthusiastic about his love of stationary engines.

freddyg
    Free Member

milk and the tea bag should [/b]never be in the cup/mug at the same time

Quite right too. Anything else is just plain wrong. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Youtube is banned here at work, but can someone please try and find the interview Guy gave at the TT (last year I think) when he was very pissed off.

It needs watching 2-3 times before you can understand it all, but it’s the reason I can’t miss this tonight! 🙂

Northwind

I can’t find that one but this one makes me laugh… All the glitz and sheen of motorbike racing

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qs2ZGhqc0U&feature=related[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll be tuning in after that 🙂

Northwind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0845Vgy99E&feature=related[/video]

mboy
    Free Member

He’s as mad as a box of frogs!

But by all accounts, a real decent genuine bloke.

I like the way they’ve not even advertised anything to do with his (slight) fame from road racing, and that the show is advertised as being just about him and the boat.

Oh, and anyone who saves up his winnings from TT racing, and goes and blows £160k on a brand new Aston Martin V12 Vantage when they were first released (he’s interviewed in EVO magazine last year about it), rather than a house of his own (he lives with his GF and her parents, the Aston is kept in a barn!) is cool by me… “We’re here for a good time, not a long time” he quoted to the interviewer when questioned about his purchase! LOL

Northwind

Mountain biking relevance:

Muke
    Free Member

Top bloke…
    Has had his Orange Alpine stolen as well…guymartinracing.co.uk

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Bump for the night shift. Only 45 mins to go. 🙂

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Looks good ….

… oh wait, ‘Scotland’s Clans’ on BBC Teuchter TV. Marvellous.

And a search comes out with Friday at 7.30pm for viewers in Scotland and Wales.

rOcKeTdOg

Ha ha, great programme

cullen-bay
    Free Member

that was great!!!!

momo

I thought that Guy came over really well, very natural on screen, looking forward to the rest of the series now.

julianwilson
    Free Member

pottery win. 😀
    smelting fail 😕

nice programme, I loved the unspoken irony of him trundling about the countryside at walking pace.

hora
    Free Member

I was sceptical about cups/pot making…. Post-prog I’ve bought into the series thoroghly.

ton

yeah, thmbs up here too.
    seems like a good bloke too.
    and i always liked fred dibnah.

Drac

Cracking a great British eccentric, never realised before how man Lincoln words sound the same as Georide words.

MoreCashThanDash

What a great show – never heard of him before but his whole relaxed manner, enthusiasm and love for the project and doing it with a mate made it compulsive viewing.

hora
    Free Member

Yorkshire more like.

rewski
    Free Member

Just caught the end, what a breath of fresh air – top bloke – series recorded straight away.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just watching this now +0.5 and its bloody brilliant. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Drac

Yorkshire more like

Well Guy himself said he’s from Lincoln so I’ll think I believe him.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yep, he’s a Lincolnshire lad.

hora
    Free Member

No no. I mean sounds like

Drac

Oh right sorry, hmm sounded Lincoln to me but it’s saying things like “Wahta” for water but yes there very similar accents.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The Boat that Guy Built’ is closed to new replies.