• This topic has 40 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The Peaks – A few Snaps
  • will
    Free Member

Well set out today at 7:30 to get to Ladybower nice and early, then get a cracking ride done. However I forgot my SPD shoes. I did however have my camera in the car. These are the results:

grahamt1980

Very nice, I like how you have inverted the 7th picture though 😀

chainslapp
    Free Member

LOL at the RR Sport that's gone off the road. I will send that to my brother in law as he's just had one and thinks its the dogs danglys.

Some very nice pics there my friend.

will
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

As I and a few other people were all taking shots of the RR the owner arrived with the recovery truck. He didn't look happy 😆

Strangelove
    Free Member

You can almost hear the driver of the Range Rover smugly boasting "This car can handle these conditions" just moments before sliding off and getting stuck.

Houns

Oh how the majority of folk on here are going to go on ad nauseum love that picture of the Sport

will
    Free Member

Yeh I though the same thing Mr Cushion. I have to admit if it was any other car I still would have taken a shot, but perhaps not have been as bothered 😆

Free Member

I occasionally drive an older rangey, it's been great in this weather, however, it has slightly more appropriate rubber bands tyres on it 😉

Pook

Will, you're a bugger always putting these pics up! Hope you're well bud abd had a good christmas and new year. Planning a local wed night ride from walkley if you're about

will
    Free Member

Chris – Yeh i'm not bad thanks mate. Good holiday 🙂 You have a good festive period?

Night rides up there are a no go for me (unless weekend night) as work in Leicester 😆

Could do with another STW ride soon, you up for it?

Bunnyhop

Beautiful pictures, as per usual.

samuri
    Free Member

Great pictures. I love the first black and white arches one.

nbt

Nice.

TN
    Free Member

I love the first B&W one of the viaduct. That's lovely.

Was great out in the peak today wasn't it?
    We were walking/pratting around in the snow above Castleton. Snow was far too deep for riding in but superb fun and photos to be had.

Pook

i'm always up for it oild chap. End of jan?

incidentally – what did the RR driver look like?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Wow, thanks for posting. Lovely photos.

sadexpunk

after watching you skip through the peaks on your rigid crosser the other week, are you sure you needed shoes? couldnt you have made things a bit more interesting for yourself by doing it barefoot? 😉

will
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys 😀

I just couldn't beleive how nice the weather was, imo that is perfect weather!

The drive of the RR would be around 30, well dressed, and of asain origin.

Chris – Second to last weekend of Jan is good for me! Get it planned 😆

Again, thanks for the comments guys!

hora
    Free Member

Typical. People trusting the marketing hype in the brochure than common sense. You tend to find out your limits when its too late 🙁

Stunning pics- thank you 🙂

will
    Free Member

Cheers Hora 😀

hora
    Free Member

Will, I bet the drive there felt worth it in a way as well? Almost like you survived/concentrated enough to warrant the journey! When it thaws abit I fancy that Cavedale STW-ride again but with a added detour down Beast 🙂

will
    Free Member

It was a great drive tbh, I went back the long way, over Beely moor. There was so much snow, and teh only things that were up there were 4x4s. 😆

A cavedale/beast combo sounds good. I can sence a new thread being created soon…

hora
    Free Member

We need alot of the snow to clear first- imagine a big group on alot of snow. It'd be like the retreat of the Germans from Russia..

will
    Free Member

😆 That to me sounds like all the more reason to do it!

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Love the pics mate and nice motor 😉 What model is it?

will
    Free Member

Thanks pal

Ibiza 1.9 Tdi Sport… With a little more than standard at 174bhp and 298 lbs/ft torque 😀

hora
    Free Member

Ibiza 1.9 Tdi Sport… With a little more than standard at 174bhp and 298 lbs/ft torque

Eek! You've uprated your clutch?

How do you know that the driver was Asian? It might have been George Michael. Anytime you see a crashed Range Rover….well you've got to wonder. He probably saw all that 'powder' around and thought 'yippee!'!

will
    Free Member

Naaa Just standard, it's rated upto 300 lbs/ft and as long as you know where to give it some then your fine… 😆

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Thanks pal

Ibiza 1.9 Tdi Sport… With a little more than standard at 174bhp and 298 lbs/ft torque

No worries, I've got an 05 FR Tdi 1.9 myself, absolutely love it! Have you had it chipped? I'd love to do it to mine, but I really can't justify the cost. Looks lowered too….?

myheadsashed

Photo 7 upside down?

Otherwise nice 😉

will
    Free Member

Yup lowered (45mm) and re-mapped. The cost (£275) is in my opinion well worth it. You will honestly not ever regret it.

Even get better mpg if driven well…

manwells
    Free Member

great pictures will, i went there at the back end of september about 4 years ago and i must admit i was very impressed by the scenery and the tracks, when i stood at the side of the dam my hair stood on end and it sent shivers down my spine thinking of all the pilots who trained there in anticipation of the dambusters raid sometime later, a lot of them never came back sadly, they were very brave guys. all the farmers in the area had to sign the official secrets act at the time the pilots were being trained. it was on a sunday when i did my ride there and i must have seen over a thousand bikers that day. just a bit of a pain having to get three trains there with it being a sunday, and then a nice warm up from bamford station up the hill.

manwells
    Free Member

what is the vapour trail in a straight line coming out the last bridge arch on photo 7 that looks really spooky will, i am also very suprised that the reservoir is not frozen over as well.

hora
    Free Member

The vapour trail is a Roman regiment marching still on to their garrison

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Yup lowered (45mm) and re-mapped. The cost (£275) is in my opinion well worth it. You will honestly not ever regret it.

Even get better mpg if driven well…

Hmmm that makes it interesting, I thought it was more like £500. Did you tell your insurers about it? 😆

My mate had his VW van done and it goes like stink now.

Blower
    Free Member

Cant you rename this post "Car Pics in the Peaks" 😉

will
    Free Member

Manwells – I know what you mean about the dambusters. My mum and dad have a fair amount of books on them and when I got home I sat down had a quick flick though. Such an interesting time!

The Vapour trail is the water moving, or ice I can't quite remember.

I did tell the insurance company…

There is other stuff as well Blower 😆 Can't rename anyway 😉

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Marcus remember the time at rushup edge when we nearly got blown off the hillside ,happy days !

didmatt
    Free Member

NIce pics, i'm always thinking i should get out with my photo gear whenever im reading around the peaks. So much potential for great pics!

It wasn't so picture perfect as that in Hull this morning for any decent snow pics! lol

manwells
    Free Member

told the insurance company? other stuff blower? cant rename! what are you on about will i would love to know or i am just not grasping the nettle?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘The Peaks – A few Snaps’ is closed to new replies.