• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The Rules
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

The whole point of the rules is being undermined by them being online.

They are about roadie cliquishness being passed on by word of mouth or observation, only to those who have earned the right.

This has been destroyed by online dissemination of “the rules”. FFS, perviously they didn’t even have a name. Now everyone knows, discusses them etc, it just makes you all look like dorks.

(cynic-al, sometime wearer of a camlebak on chain gangs, it wound them right up)

wwaswas

Is there a rule about posting bike stuff in the chat forum that I’ve not seen written down?

soobalias
    Free Member

i agree that this very thread is pulling the rug from under the feet of cyclists the world over.

TooTall
    Free Member

1. Road cycling is always ‘The Dark Side’.

2. TJ is always right, no matter how wrong he is.

3. There will always be at least 5 arguements running concurrently on STW.

4. The list of regular protagonists will change less than their user names.

5. ?

Tiger6791

What rules?

crazy-legs

What rules?

The fact that you have to ask has just marked you out as one not in The Clique.

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The first rule of STW?

There is no STW.
    😕

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Who cares?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The list of regular protagonists will change less than their user names

Amusing, insightful and true

DezB
    Free Member

aka. STW Will Eat Itself

rOcKeTdOg

Rule 82) cynic-al will troll just about anything

bigyinn
    Free Member

The rules are made to be broken / ignored just like any other rules really, therefore they are meaningless and have no worth.
    Who TF has a right to tell me what to wear / how to look / how to behave FFS.
    I though the whole point of mountainbiking was that it wasnt constrained by doctrine and dogma, but its just turning into the dark side with mud.

DavidB
    Free Member
    GrahamS

You mean “The Rules”?

http://www.therulesbook.com/topten.html

khani
    Free Member

I though the whole point of mountainbiking was that it wasnt constrained by doctrine and dogma, but its just turning into the dark side with mud.
    Amen

rOcKeTdOg

bigyinn – Member
    The rules are made to be broken / ignored just like any other rules really, therefore they are meaningless and have no worth.
    Who TF has a right to tell me what to wear / how to look / how to behave FFS.

rule 83) someone will always take it too seriously and suffer from a sense of humor bypass

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps, but when people start quoting “the rules” in threads, they tend to think of them as some sort of behavioural code.
    This is how religions and cults start, mark my words…..

16stonepig
    Free Member

I like riding bikes. I’m reasonably good at it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    Perhaps, but when people start quoting “the rules” in threads, they tend to think of them as some sort of behavioural code.
    This is how religions and cults start, mark my words…..

Probably best I don’t say anything at this point. Don’t want to encourage “Elfinsnotty”…

DezB
    Free Member

This just appeared on Twitter:

VizTopTips

START a hate-filled argument over race or religion by simply posting any video on youtube

Substitute ” video on youtube” for “thing on STW?”

scaredypants

The whole point of the rules is being undermined by them being online.
    They are about roadie cliquishness being passed on by word of mouth or observation, only to those who have earned the right.

not just for fun, then ? 😳

crazy-legs

You don’t know about irony do you Baldrick?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I thought you were talking about this!

ononeorange

Horatio – they are, aren’t they?!

D0NK

You don’t know about irony do you Baldrick?

It’s like goldy and bronzy only its made of iron.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The Rules’ is closed to new replies.