• This topic has 35 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The TBC Wednesday Night Ride this week – The Movie
  • coastkid
    Free Member

some film from last wednesdays TBC group ride, a great night folks! 😮

safety in numbers…

after the split we folowed robgarrioch down…

Pt 2, scalectrix

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice stuff

I didn't realise some of you split off after harlaw for some more climbing and descending! I didn't get home until ten to eleven anyway.

robgarrioch

Aarggh – will have to wait till tonight to see this… Good work though Bruce.

rOcKeTdOg

i'm glad my local trails aren't that packed with riders! is there anyone there with a tan? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You know the scots – come in two colours – blue most of the year and red when the sun comes out for the two days a year it does

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice. I've never actually ridden all of Scalectrix, only the quad track from Maidens to Bonaly.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Who was the faller on the trail down from Hare Hill?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

resin42 I think. same chap that kept getting punctures

I have forgotten his real name 😳

stanfree
    Free Member

Great Videos Bruce the red road descent looks like warp speed (Not to be outdone by TJ's 43 mph on beech ave). Loving the Big Audio Dynamite on vid 2 (Who do you think you are ?, The Lone Ranger). Here's to next wednesdays trek.

coastkid
    Free Member

ive got the two-tone arm tan from this good weather 😮
    i didnt catch the faller`s name-it was the same guy who flatted too…
    the rear facing camera was set too high and just filmed sky and pine branches!, so will have that sorted for next week…
    yeah… "the lone ranger?" paul…lol 😆
    requests for next weeks film tunes?, thinking some deep purple 😈

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

next week – the good the bad and the ugly?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got the mounts for it but I haven't given the rear facing camera a try yet.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Loving part two – my fav pentlands descent 🙂 looking forward to riding it tomorrow

coastkid
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

next week – the good the bad and the ugly?

this tune?- class film… 😮
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E
    needs an ending with riders heading down a dusty track into a big sunset!
    (heads for itunes….)

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Sweet movies coastkid!

What way did you go after the split and how do I get to those trails… looks mint!!

Hopefully see you all next week.

Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thomo – I wasn't with them but if its the trails I think – up maidens until just before the wall – there is a faint track contouring round the west side of the hill – takes you to the top of puke hill then the descent is thru the woods – turn left after you enter the woods ( not so sure about the second bit of that)

ojom
    Free Member

Thomo – we will do it next week if you like.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Cheers TJ.

Think I know where you mean – I'm gash with the names of the trails up there.

Might head up there in the morning for a gander.

robgarrioch

up maidens until just before the wall – there is a faint track contouring round the west side of the hill

Teej is correct to this point Thomo – nip through a collapsed dyke, follow the track down behind the pines (which are actually on the side of Bonaly Reservoir), go through a gate, then left a wee bit & you'll find some double-track; this would be where one "lets rip"

Thomohawk
    Free Member

MD – you're on! 8)

ojom
    Free Member

In the words of coogan….'SMASH IT'.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

this would be where one "lets rip"

Yeah, this was evident from the footage! 😉

robgarrioch

Just keep yer eyes open for sheep….

robgarrioch

Bruce – great work catching the descending down Beech Avenue from the road circa. 4.40 in Pt 1 – it may come to pass that you'll be taking a backie down the road before long so you can focus on the action….

Oh, nice manualling too…
    …I can definitely do that…
    … oh yes…
    … 🙄 😆

coastkid
    Free Member

rob, im thinking next time riding alongside riders there using the cannon compact to video the riding,and heading down the trails before to film riders passing,mixed up with helmet cam stuff should be good to watch,

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm more impressed that Bruce must have ridden back up so he could film from the road and also on the trails at the side.

Resin42
    Free Member

Aw man, fantastic! Only just found this thread. Yes I am "The Faller", got cross rutted on the right of the trail, how I landed on the left I can't tell you . I also managed two pinches and my bent crank was giving me some gyp. Despite all that, it's the best Pentlands ride I've been on. 😀

So, sorted the crank and invested in some DH tubes. Any advice on how to stop falling off would be appreciated.

Awesome vids Bruce, cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mince! Thats teh TJ recipe for not falling off

druidh
    Free Member

it 's the best Pentlands ride I've been on.

and who chose the route???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member

and who chose the route???

It was me wasn't it? I seem to lead most of the way anyway.

ojom
    Free Member

it were fun.

just built up the 4x…

for next time.

It was me wasn't it? I seem to lead most of the way anyway.

So that explains the ridiculously slow pace then…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I am looking forward to rediscovering the Pentlands.

ojom
    Free Member

sadly i am missing 2.
    off on hols wed to wed.

13thfloormonk

Bloody hell, the first four minutes of that should be saved for posterity, thats the best run you will ever get down that trail, the big muddy crossing has dried, no walkers, all the gates held open for you… Very jealous.

Great video b.t.w!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I can't recall ever seeing that crossing dry (and I've seen it very deep sometimes) so might head that way tomorrow.

Kit
    Free Member

I'm loving looking at my arse 😉

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘The TBC Wednesday Night Ride this week – The Movie’ is closed to new replies.