Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • The TJ's at Rivi, with photo's.
  • GRAEMEJONES

Thanks very much to TJ for the instigation of a STW ride and to Junkyard for sorting out a superb days riding, the best one I’ve done for a long time. 😀
    A big thank you to nbt, Junkyard, Nick and hairyscary for keeping us all together and pointing us in the right direction.Those are some of the best decents I’ve done for a good few rides, most entertaining, and if you’re not laughing/grinning /shouting at the bottom of the San Merino decent, you must need re-wiring ! 😯

clicky for more photo’s.

Edit: According to my GPS we did 19.98 miles and climbed 2937ft.

BigJohn

Is he the one with the helmet?

GRAEMEJONES

No.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Time for a beard TJ,shaving is Thatcherite!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nice one graeme!
    it was a brilliant day’s riding yesterday- nice to see old friends and meet new ones too.
    i need to ride more. get faster. get legs that don’t feel like jelly after days like yesterday! still, can’t complain- most people (let alone those who’ve experienced heart failure!) will never do it so i feel good about myself!

highclimber
    Free Member

does anyone have a GPX for the route? thanks

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes will e-mail it sometime this week as i need a cable adapter to download route to my computer from GPS.
    If that fails I will do you one on Memory map.

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah, whichever is easiest. no rush as I can rmember most of it but I like to keep records of routes i’ve done. Thanks

GRAEMEJONES

If you mail me I’ll try and send you the one that Runkeeper did, it might not be what you want but the route we did is there. Have a look.
    HTH. 😉

GRAEMEJONES

Sorry folks, I missed this one off the list to upload to Flikr, 😳
    Now added to the set though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one – Ta.

lesa
    Free Member

Nice pictures – Thanks

GRAEMEJONES

Les, if you fancy getting the train to Delamere one Saturday in the near future, drop me a mail and I’ll come and meet you and show you some proper singletrack goodliness. 😉

philfive
    Free Member

where is the san merino decent? and i look forward to seeing the route when its posted.

GRAEMEJONES

Sorry can’t help you with that one, it’s the first time I’ve done it, and I was following Binners ! 😆

nbt

THe san marino descent gos from the mast on top of winter hill down to San Marino, the italian restaurant on the Belmont road

Nice pics thanks Graeme and others, and what a cracking day out. I was proper goosed by the time I got home. Will get ruond to checking out my pics soon and will post anything worth showing!

GRAEMEJONES

I think thats the best day out I’ve had for a good while. New trails, new people and all that riding less than an hour from home.Looking forward to the next time.
    😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

Which buffster is junkyard?

nbt

See comments to put names to faces

Black Dog. by santarocky, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am in red next to Mrs TJ ..ageing hippy was how TJ described me.
    Updating flickr with pics and route – if anyone wants a GPS or rivvy guiding then e-mail is in profile

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53359497@N05/

E-mail me if you want the route as a GPS – that was the best I could do to fit the whole route in I will do some zoom views tomorrow

D0NK

bleeding hell junkyard, no way did you did you drag everyone over spitlers after 4days of solid rain, I’m surprised you weren’t buried up to your neck in the bog and left for dead by disgruntled co-riders 😉
    Sounds like you had fun anyway and the weather held out for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They made me do it – I blame izakimak and it was not that bad actually – only one person lost footwear 😉

D0NK

wheres that CCTV sign? hole in the wall? access road?

izakimak
    Free Member

Great day out, nice to see some old friends again and to meet some new ones. JY don’t blame me for dragging them over spitlers edge you asked how did i think it would take, therefore as far as i am concerned it’s down to you, but no it wasn’t to bad jst like a huge sponge at the moment keeps on soaking up the rain. Thanks to everyone who made cakes they really did help to fuel me and jacqui home, those triple ginger cookies weere to die for.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard was in charge. Its all his fault. He elected to be “nominated adult” for the day 😉

I enjoyed my day out. tough 20 miles tho. I thought it was kind of Junkyard to include some “drag your bike thru a swamp” type riding to make me feel at home.

Some of those trails need a bit of repair – rather bumpy in places – leading to industrial grade mincing from us.

Ta

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard was in charge. Its all his fault. He elected to be “nominated adult” for the day

Christ we were desperate then
    Sign is on the access road by the “lower gate” – lower down than we usually join it
    Large sponge is a very good way of describing it.

binners

Junkyard was in charge.

Its all part of Dave’s Big Society. Supervising the ‘special’ kids for the day. A fantastic days riding. Great to meet everyone. Pretty much perfect really 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

part of chavs big society TBH I was just scoping your bikes and finding out where you all live

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Where was my invite? 🙁

highclimber
    Free Member

only one person lost footwear

That was me, shortly followed by a pinch flat on a sharp flag stone!

Thanks to NBT for holding back to assist!

EDIT: with the flat, not the shoe!

lowey

Looks like a cracking day out was has. Gutted I missed it.

robdob
    Free Member

Some of those trails need a bit of repair – rather bumpy in places

Was it not an off-road ride?? 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was said in jest
    Your were mised lowey – no comedy off at all
    TSY do you come up North?

GRAEMEJONES

I had a comedy off, at the very last step coming down off the boggy/swampy/ spongey bit.Front wheel in between a gap in the steps, OTB and splat into said swampy bogfest, 😳 and I thought I got away with it, until I saw izakimak and Jacqui looking down at me ( Bugger, thought I got away with that one. 😆 )

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky… I get about. 🙂

Houns

lol @ TJ describing someone as an ageing hippy 😆 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘The TJ's at Rivi, with photo's.’ is closed to new replies.