Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • this has left me speechless..
  • nonk
    Free Member
    wwaswas

Just unbelievable.

and the same police officer did it twice which is even worse.

the interviewer ‘were you rolling towards police lines?’ isn’t much better, tbh.

I do hope someone gets their nadgers kneed for this.

aP
    Free Member

That is quite impressive, I would have thought that there’s going to be some fall out from that, although I did see one of the Police dragging the other away….
    Is it a Rodney King moment though?

nonk
    Free Member

I mean for the love of god 😯

robdob
    Free Member

I wonder why the wheelchair bloke hasn’t lodged a complaint? It’d be the first thing I’d do if I were him.

sweepy
    Free Member

If they felt he was a threat, they could have just put his brakes on.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Brilliant. How to get up the noses of the police and to excite liberal sensitivities. Direct action by disabled folk is brilliant.

However the police clearly did not use reasonable force – its very easy with 2 or 3 people to move someone safely in their wheelchair even against their will

wwaswas

TJ – he’ can’t operate the wheelchair at all so he would have been unable to stop eeven one person moving him I think.

JEngledow
    Free Member

This is pretty bad, but I’m going to reserve judgment as we don’t know what happened before the camera was pointed. The ‘victim’ claims he’s innocent, but I’m not so sure -not even a total *edit* idiot *edit* of a copper would do that without some sort of reason (I hope).

ScottChegg
    Free Member

How did he get into that situation anyway? Was he rolled ( or whatever the PC term for moving a person in a wheelchair is) to the front of the line, or was there a withdrawal of protesters leaving him exposed?

Either way, bit of a crap trick from his pals to leave him in the firing line like that.

Rozzers always get overexcited in these situations; this is nearly the worst yet. Except for the newspaper seller walking home who ended up dead for his trouble.

Stoner
    Free Member

I havent seen the vid – cant behind the firewall – but earlier reporting of the guy in the wheelchair did suggest he wasnt wholly without blame, and I imagine that’s what the Met statement is alluding to when they say he hasnt lodged a complaint himself.

wwaswas

not even a total retard of a copper

I do worry about the use of that word as an insult.

My view – the police thought he was ‘faking’ needing a wheelchair.

sweepy
    Free Member

-not even a total retard of a copper would do that without some sort of reason (I hope).

Dont you watch the news, they’ve been known to kill people

naedeyw
    Free Member

The police appear to be trying to carry him to the side of the road, probably for his own safety, and fetching his wheelchair behind him. Whilst trying to that it looks like they’ve come under some sort of interferance from other protestors. Why was he there? As I understand it he’s not a student nor affected by the issue of fees / withdrawel of allowances.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wow. The interviewer seems to have gotten out of the wrong side of bed….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I had to laugh at the statement ‘There was suggestion that you were rolling towards the police’.

user-removed
    Free Member

As I understand it he’s not a student nor affected by the issue of fees / withdrawel of allowances.

Not being a student doesn’t take away your right to peaceful protest…

JEngledow
    Free Member

I do worry about the use of that word as an insult

Edited for you Wwaswas

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The big strong able bodied policemen obviously thought the severely disabled man in a wheelchair posed a threat, and clearly used approriate force. I’m sure Labrat will be along shortly to back me up. 😀

Duggan

not even a total *edit* idiot *edit* of a copper would do that without some sort of reason (I hope).

Wow, you really think that?

tf
    Free Member

Unfortunate, but how do you tell that a guy in a wheel chair is not a threat (i.e., can you afford to assume he is not fully able bodied?), and call me cynical, but pushing your brother who is not able to work the wheelchair twice (!) into this situation strikes me as intending for this to happen in the first place.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Wow, you really think that?

The police receive a lot of training for this type of thing and will have been extensively breifed before the day and reminded that everyone now has a camera phone etc. You’d have to be really stupid to do anything like this without reason, but I may be wrong 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

‘There was suggestion that you were rolling towards the police’

they did baton charge him for this didn’t they ?

My view – the police thought he was ‘faking’ needing a wheelchair

Wow we have psychic police officers now …derren browns job seems secure

but how do you tell that a guy in a wheel chair is not a threat

Yes good point pre emptive attack is the only course of action then

slowjo
    Free Member

Apparently the whole student protest thing has handed the Iranians a propaganda coup, with the ambassador being called in to receive a protest about the violent suppression of students involved in peaceful protest. 🙄

Why is it that the Conservatives are becoming synonymous with civil unrest and the Police with heavy handed over reaction?

When I was marching as a student protestor (when Rhodes Boyson was messing about with grants etc) we marched up to the Houses of Parliament and the only trouble we got was finding a bar that had enough room for us after the demo had finished. The Police were there to keep us in line and we spent the whole day gently taking the piss out of each other. What has changed so much in society that protestors end up in a battle zone and the cops look like something out of Robocop?

does all that make me sound old and out of touch? (I am probably both but what the hell!)

wwaswas

how do you tell that a guy in a wheel chair is not a threat

fling him on the road and see if he gets up and runs off, clearly.

DezB
    Free Member

I havent seen the vid

I have and it didn’t tell me anything about what was going on

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I watched a programme on Ch4 called Coppers. It was interesting to watch as one of the episodes was them dealing with a protest between the EDL and the AFU. Similar to the protests by the students, it is a very hostile environment. What i can see is, with the way our society assesses and manages risk (i have a little experience working with risky young people) in these situations the Police have to be pro-active in bringing control and order to the present moment. Obviously this is the bit up for debate, but personally if i was in their position i would be pro-active and remove people who are ‘winding’ the rest of the more peaceful protesters up. It is not nice and its not a job i’d want but if it means less people get hurt at these things then so be it.

As far as this victim is concerned we will never know what really went on, but i would imagine he is not totally innocent even if it was his brother or some friends pushing him at the Police that are to blame. And if the police had already had a word with me i would be making myself disappear as in go home or behave.

*ducking down now*

wwaswas

Richard Littlejohn is pushing me to swear filter avoidance;

Dylan08
    Free Member

Remember the Miners Strikes?

The Police act softly by those standard

Shocking footage – I hope the chap in the wheelchair rightly gets justice.

xiphon
    Free Member

I agree it wasn’t very sensible to put himself in that situation. I mean, if you depend on someone else for actually moving…. then a [potential] riot is the last place I’d be!

The interviewer was terrible, but then again, being BBC, he’s paid to report in favour of the current Gov.

Police: “Move out the way!”
    Him: “I can’t move! My brother’s gone to the toilet!”

nonk
    Free Member

oh its in the wrong forum.
    sorry bout that.

sharki
    Free Member

Equal rights innit.

Disabled or not, he was taking part in a protest.

Whether or not he was threatening or not to the line, action was needed and prompt action at that.

I’m sure he was asked if his aid was nearby to remove him from possible danger and as many protesters i’m sure he would of shouted at the police in perhaps an offensive and threatening manner.

Simple thing would be to remove him from all danger.

Trying to carry a disabled person isn’t the easiest thing to do, and under pressure from the advancing protesters would quite easily made it more awkward to do it without it looking less than caring.

It would also be necessary to wonder whether, the police acted in case there was chance of a terrorist threat.

A mass of students would of been a great cover and a man in a wheelchair could easily blend in as an non bomber.

Pop a bomb under the chair in the middle of a big protest and boom. Plods and young people killed.

The police would i assumed to be briefed on taking action against anything out of the ordinary and to not rule out terrorist action during the student protests.

It wasn’t so far ago, an explosion was heard and explosives were found in Scotland. Therefore there’s sufficient reason for the law to suspect the unlikely character like Jody.

Necessary force and a neglectful brother and group of so called friends.

giantjason
    Free Member

i seen this on sky news last night and they had footage of the same guy in the wheelchair confronting the police earlier during the day. He was walking around and wasnt showing any visible signs of disability.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its all quite clear to me. The guy was being provocative, there was a demo, the police needed to take action to control the situation. Tehy are allowed to use reasonable force. They clearly went well over the top – that was not reasonable force by an description

So the cops could and should have moved him – using reasonable force if necessary. Pushing him out of the wheelchair and dragging him across the ground is not reasonable force.

GiantJason – you believe sky news? In the BBc interview he clearly has significant disability

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh – and equality and all that – of course he can go on a demo if he wants. He should be able to expect lawful actions from the police

kimbers
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why was he there? As I understand it he’s not a student nor affected by the issue of fees / withdrawel of allowances.

Exactly! I wonder the same about all these white folks you see at the anti-racism Demos. Tell you what’s wrong with society today, it’s these folks worrying about other people. Why don’t they just mind their own business and stop bothering about how other people are treated.

toys19
    Free Member

CharlieMungus. V good.

xiphon
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Why was he there? As I understand it he’s not a student nor affected by the issue of fees / withdrawel of allowances.

Exactly! I wonder the same about all these white folks you see at the anti-racism Demos. Tell you what’s wrong with society today, it’s these folks worrying about other people. Why don’t they just mind their own business and stop bothering about how other people are treated.

Perhaps he has friends/family affected by the change in policy?

Perhaps we is planning on higher education in the future?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think people are being controversial about this bloke for the sake of it, at last a disabled person is treated with equality, if he did not like the treatment he got he should of stayed at home.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘this has left me speechless..’ is closed to new replies.