Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Titus FTM Carbon. Anyone got one from On One yet?
  • gixerator
    Free Member

Ordered mine on the 1/5. Checked with them and was told delivery w/e 13th.
    Sold my frame checked on the 12th told w/e 20th.

Checked today told w/e 27th. I have no ride!!!!

Also had bum info on the headset (was told it was included, then they didnt even have one that they could recomend) which I had to do the ringing around and sort the spec out to see what suits.

On a separate note I have 2009 Talas 140. 1 1/8″ that I intend to use, Is it worth selling and buying a tapered steerer. The headset ACCOMODATES 1 1/8″.

Thanks,

julians
    Free Member

A friend of mine received his a few days ago.

gixerator
    Free Member

At least I know they are releasing one.

snaps
    Free Member

THIS is the HS they’re selling to fit the FTM.

heuer27
    Free Member

Got mine all built up barring the rear brake for which I need a banjo bolt kit so I can run the hose through the frame.The headset was a real headache though and I eventually had to buy two an FSA Orbit campy and a bottom race from a cane creek 40.
    It took nearly a month for the frame to arrive though.

heuer27
    Free Member

My mix and match headset cost 45 quid not the £80 on one want for basically the same thing. 😆

Andy

I still cant source the Cane Creek 40 series 52/30 lower headset from anywhere in the UK 🙁

gixerator
    Free Member

snaps, That is the link that they have put up this week (they weren’t sure if it would fit last week)but it needs a different crown race to suit 1 1/8″ which I have sussed out now.

I ended up buying an across AI 17 same price but 5yr guarantee.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Little tip

DO NOT, google image search FTM, wow, they’re like chuckys, but smaller 8)

Andy

gixerator where did you get your headset from please?

gixerator
    Free Member

across HS from Balfa, Told its instock although havent got it yet.
    The FSA is CF40 Carbon top 15mm is 121-0467 and the 1 1/8″ crown race is 160-5540. FSA dont have the CF40 in stock (ALTHOUGH VERY HELPFUL) and I wasnt buying it from On One because they have let me down.

shedfull
    Free Member

My Cane Creek IS52 reducer headset arrived!

I ordered it from http://www.bike-mailorder.de six days ago. The order I placed with my LBS two days before is still outstanding but, when I get it, I’ll offer it on here in case anyone’s still looking. I was advised it could be weeks, though.

heuer27
    Free Member

Sorry for the confusion but my Cane Creek was 52/40 for a tapered steerer.

simonm
    Free Member

anyone know if you can use the FSA ORbit from onone, then buy a different crown race to use 1 1/8″ forks ?

gixerator
    Free Member

Simonm

Yes you can I have posted the details up above? (FSA Orbit CF40)

They can get the 1 1/8 crown race. Speak to (titus) Tom. 160-5540 is the part number. Or call Balfa and get an Acros AI 17.

Have you ordered your frame yet?

pickle
    Free Member

i can see how you’re not happy about the frame not turning up when they first said, but at the end of the day you’re without a ride because YOU sold your old one. That is not their fault.

Hope your new one turns up soon though. 🙂

gixerator
    Free Member

Heuer27

Isn’t it a 52top 42 bottom? All the headsets are for the tapered headtube and suit the tapered fork steerer. Its the 1 1/8 crown race that allows the standard steerer.

gixerator
    Free Member

Pickle,

If your told your frame is coming on a date (after checking with them). I put my frame on ebay to sell three days after. I would have to strip all the bits off it for my new arrival (and the sale to help with some new bling).when it didnt arrive it wasnt too bad as they promised this week. If they said its not coming for two or three weeks or they said we are not sure I would be out on it this weekend.

pickle
    Free Member

I understand what you’re saying and i said i can understand being p*ssed about it not arriving when they said, but selling your old frame before the new one arrived and then moan that you have no ride is your fault. personally i’d have waited till the new one arrived then stripped the old one out, after all it only takes 15 minutes to fully strip it out.

They look nice frames though and damn good value! I hope to get a Ti 456 very soon 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – I don’t think I’ve ever had a frame turn up on time from anywhere that was waiting for stock themselves

I got a Rockstar from them but I don’t think I was actually quoted a specific delivery date
    Tom [from On-One] posted that they were due in that week but that extended another weeks or so
    I just take these dates as an estimate and don’t get too bothered about it, I’m also without a MTB at the moment – having sold my Yeti to fund this – although I have my Titus frame, the forks are yet to arrive.

snaps
    Free Member

So do any of the other (CK, Hope etc) make a headset to suit?

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

The headset you guys need from Acros is an Ai-71 (not the Ai-17, thats a different one).

Not many people make a headset in this fitment as Cube were the first company to manufacture this size 4 years ago and has only been taken up by a few other manufacturers in the last 18 months. The headset was manufactured specifically for Cube at the time.

Headset is £99.99 and has a 5 year warranty. Its available with a 1 1/8″ or 1.5″ crown race.

J

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

So people are making bikes with headtubes that mean you have to cobble up something that fits yourself? As a rigid single speeder you are going to have to explain the value of this ball ache given that most of us will never really notice the difference.

Unless someone gives a proper answer, not just its stiffer on my hardcore Surrey downhills, then I’ve got to call BS on it.

These developments are the equivalent of “maybe its Maybaline” for girls and mascara.

do you also use razors that prevent ‘tug and pull’?

duntstick
    Free Member

It’s true is that, the very last concern I have ever had is the stiffness of the headtube, on any bike………..ah well, that’s progress.

Interested to see one of these made up though

gixerator
    Free Member

Ben,

No you just buy one from a shop, Its just the knowlage of which one suits. The Americans tended to use tapered steerers so had less of an issue. And the ones that didnt could get them from the USA.

A number of us had to source a crown that suits the 1 1/8. Because there aren’t many people who have needed one in the uk there are very low stock levels. When on one started selling the Titus frames half price the demand has gone through the roof.

I do think that On one could have sorted something sooner (I think the one they had in mind wasn’t right)

Jamie,

sorry I got yours wrong, I think I ordered the right one though, It should arrive before the frame.

simonm
    Free Member

Cheers gixerator, Sorted by Balfa today with the Acros. Cheers.

gixerator
    Free Member

I hope it was the 71 as I seem to of messed up with my numbers.

roxs
    Free Member

I am having the same issue trying to get a headset to work, 2 possible solutions are:

1. Fit a standard taper headset then use a spacer on the bottom of the steerer 1.5″ outside dia, 1.25″ inside dia, do you think this will work ? (if so I will call my dad and ask him to make me one on his lathe)

2. Will this DaBomb headset work ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41851

velocipede
    Free Member

I nearly bought one of these frames but, when I asked On One for advice, it was obvious they didn’t know themselves which headset would fit – so I walked away!
    Nothing worse than having a frame hanging in the garage that you’ve just spent a bomb on and can’t get the bits to make it work! Shame as they look the dogs…

gixerator
    Free Member

Mine is now built up, The across AI 71 fitted fine and is available (Balfa). Tom from On one know his stuff. I haven’t tested it yet but will update.

Andy

Roxs, you can order the lower IS 52/30 bearing and crown race as two seperates if you cant get hold of the complete aasembly. If you contact Extra (UK) the importers of Cane Creek they will give you the part numbers and you can order through your LBS. Once I had poke to Extra who were really helpful it was easy. For the top part any IS 42/28 should work.

Edit: bottom parts came to about £22 and top was about £20

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i ordered direct from cane creek and it arrived two weeks later IS42 top ans IS 52/30 bottom fot a straight fork.

My LBS tried to order from Extra and they qouted middle of july delivery, not great!

Andy

Yes for the complete lower bearing and crown delivery seems quite long but ordering as separates only took two days. Silly really as there are only two parts to the lower. Bearing and lower crown

gixerator
    Free Member

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/gixerator/TITUS%20FTM/

I have re shaped the seat post collar and fitted a QR. Also buffed it to within inches of its life. It will do until On One come up with better.
    On One stock the FSA CF40 Carbon top 15mm code 121-0467 and the 1 1/8″ crown race is 160-5540 which Solant wave (uk importers) have instock.
    Balfa stock the Acros AI 71 (which I have used) There is no problem getting a headset for this bike (just the cost)

spec
    X9 SHIFTERS, X9 FRONT MECH, X0 REAR MECH, X0 9SP CASSETTE & CHAIN,ANSWER BARS 730, HOPE M4 BRAKES, FSA MEGA LIGHT CHAINSET AND CERAMIC BB, ACROSS AI71 HEADSET, THOMPSON LAYBACK, FOX TALAS 140 RLC.MAVIC 3.1 RIMS DT SWISS 240 HUBS.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

looking at yours i think i have routed the cables wrong round the rear link.
    bugger

uebermensch
    Free Member

I have not. I’m forced to start doubting I ever will. 21 days on from placing my order – and it is, to put it in their eloquent wording, “…held whilst awaiting stock – Your order is on hold whilst awaiting delivery of a missing item(s).”. I understand that as standing for: “We aren’t quite the party you should trust. Do you, still?”.
    Almost everything else, ordered considerably later elsewhere (from other shops in Britain, from Germany, The Netherlands, even from USA, Australia and Taiwan, for curse’s sake!) , has arrived – but my first order (whose availability was, mind you, to take 7 to 10 days from… from what, pre-history? I can just as well assume so) doesn’t show the remotest signs of actualisation, or even prospect thereof!
    That is bad enough! What about On-One blatantly overcharging the continental EU customers 10% over the frames’ price in Great Britain (excluding the packaging and delivery costs, that is)! Or do they think we, complete and incorrigible idiots, have no access to ACTUAL up-to-date currency converters?

Well, soon the new 29er Carbon Titus will be stocked – and unless its frame turns out considerably more expensive – I’ll solemnly regret having “bought” (read: paid in vain for) both the FTM Carbon, and all sorts of 26″-er parts to go with it. Along with huge effort, concentration and time invested in this satire!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

There’s one going spare on simonm’s thread.

uplink
    Free Member

Guys – check the rear linkage bolts

I had my Rockstar out for it’s 2nd blast around yesterday and discovered the linkage bolts under the drop outs had come loose
    I tightened them and when I got home removed them to find that they hadn’t had any Threadlock applied

Maybe something, maybe nothing and maybe just a one-off but check them all the same eh?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Titus FTM Carbon. Anyone got one from On One yet?’ is closed to new replies.