Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • TJs visiting manchester
  • dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Well, I’m setting off up to Scotland in a few hours so will see you sometime this week, with luck.

Think Debs fancies a day wandering round Edinburgh so food and drinks meeting may be in order.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wood be good to see you

izakimak
    Free Member

If doing rivi then would ‘botany bay’ not be the best start point loads of parking and right next to a motorway junction for those travelling by car, if TJ is using the train its only about a mile from chorley station by bike, theres a pub for post ride beerage, if the plan is to go over to darwen moor then the cafe at tockholes is about half way round the loop and there’s a pub next door :wink:.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – anyone going to make a case for anything except Rivi or do I ask Junkyard to organise Rivi ride for the 13th august?

nbt

I refer you to my previous post

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tjs-visiting-manchester#post-2809445

I’m not saying the riding’s crap at rivi – far from it – but the riding from Marple or Disley is just as good.

I’m especially amused by the suggestion that you should travel to Botany Bay, which is quite some way past Rivington, given that you’re already going to be crossing / circling Manchester

Either way we’ll probably come out for the ride if we’re free

BadlyWiredDog

As above, I’m not around anyway, but I’m slightly bemused by the logic of heading out all the way to Rivi, Winter Hill etc. It’s nice enough riding, but as NBT says, there’s just as good, significantly closer.

But then it’s always a bit Arsene Wenger – ‘Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home’ – anyway, have a lovely time wherever you decide to go 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am a bit in other folks hands here and its as much about being a social ride as owt else.

nbt

I would volunteer to organise a ride but I can’t guarantee availability.

Previous rides that I’ve organised from Marple seem to have gone down pretty well.

binners

Why don’t we just cut our losses, stop bickering about location, forget this riding lark and just spend the day sat outside Dukes in the sun, drinking beer and eating our own body weight in cheese?

jus sayin’like

binners

oh… nbt have you changed your phone number? I texted you about meeting you for your ride Saturday and you never replied. I cried for hours. Ruined my weekend it did.

nbt

Binners, have you changed your email address, I got your text and replied in detail on email…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Meeting at Botany is only good if you are in a car I would get off the train @ Adlington,Blackrod or Horwich Parkway personally and ride to the Barn from there tbh.
    I can comment on the Peaks re riding as I dont go often as it is very awkward to get to from North of Manchester and I can get to the Lakes as easily/quicker – not anti just saying like.
    Overall re route I dont care where the ride is I just want to meet TJ

I would volunteer to organise a ride but I can’t guarantee availability.

Thank **** we have Hora and binners to rely on in your absence what could possibly go wrong 😯

binners

Exactly!

TO quote my favourite Malcolm Tuckerism “Oh. Laurel and ****ing Hardy. Nice of you to join us. Have trouble getting the piano up the stairs?”

nbt – Don’t do interweb at the weekends. I have the same attitude as

towards both Jewish and christian sabbath’s. I’m multi-faith if you like

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘TJs visiting manchester’ is closed to new replies.