• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • TORM clothing – a review
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

I love sportwool fabric and have jerseys from both Rapha and Shutt VR (have not tried colomba)which get used right through the year – road/mtb and commute. Some of you may have seen the link to TORM from the cycleshow which are doing sportwool. I decided to take the risk and bought a jersey (T3)and baselayer from them last Thurs (I had been planning on buying another brand but decided to save a wad of cash and take a chance). Package hand delivered on Fri (I am in london so not everyone will have that kind of turnaround)

Firt impressions were good. 😀 Compared with my rapha classic the fabric seems slightly more stretchy but about the same weight (maybe slightly lighter). Fit was also pretty much the same although shorter in teh arms (but much better for me that ShuttVR). The detailing was easily comparable to Rapha with the stitching appearing to be of very good quality as are the grippers, zips etc. The baselayer was cut slightly longer than the jersey (which I appreciate) and I liked the chunky hem (although i would prefer it not to be white on a black baselayer)

So to the test – used the jersey and baselayer on a VERY wet 4h30min ride along the towpath on Sun morning. Warmth/wicking was excellent and once again comparable to my Rapha and icebreaker combo i usually use. The fit was spot on for me and was comfy the entire time. The waterproof pockets kept my phone and money dry even in the muck and other than that I didnt notice them at all – in a word brilliant. Was so impressed that the baselayer did double duty and was used on my commute this morning. Still smells like roses (well not quite but you get the picture)

Cant comment on longevity just yet but I cannot see anything to suggest that they wouldnt last as well as Rapha/ShuttVR. Must admit that I’m massively impressed with this kit so far and figured that if any STWers are looking for some sportwool kit they should definitely consider TORM as an option. At half the price of ShuttVR and less than a third of Rapha these TORM jerseys appear to be an absolute BARGAIN. And no I dont work for them but if they do want any gear testing by your average joe then I’m always available. 😆 The longsleeve T5 in large perhaps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘TORM clothing – a review’ is closed to new replies.