Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • trout
    Free Member

This is an update for all those 1000s who mailed me after a few posts ago.

I have just collected 5 housings from my local CNC machine shop wanting to be ready for when the new leds arrive at chez Trout .
    which if no bad things happen will be late Sept early Oct which is a bit of a bummer as I had hoped it would be before the darkness arrived.

The first one I will be building using some xpe leds this weekend for my own use untill the XPGs arive .

so a few pics to show what is happening

The Specs for the techy folks of the Lumen Liberator

6 XPG R4 leds if driven at 1000ma will push out 345 lumens each
    6 carclo 10 mm square optics wide / medium / narrow / eliptical to mix and match to make a nice beam.
    1 Maxflex driver to take the 14.8 volts from the battery and magic it up to 18 volts ish for the leds .
    waterproof switch .
    cable and connector to suit battery pack minimum requirement is a 14.8 volt li ion pack

the bar mount is in development at the moment and can only get better.
    it will also be helmet mountable using some yet to be sourced velcro straps

No idea on the real price just yet but it wont be £50 but it will be the cheapest 2000 lumen light out there ( and it can be turned down so no whingeing about too much light).

If it turns out there are some folks interested in having one of these lights then mail me and we can go from there.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I NEED ONE OF THOSE ! 😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Interested!

lowey

Registering interest troutie.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I'm deffo interested. It's gonna be too warm to ride here in the day, so a decent light for night rides is needed. Also solves the wife's "what to buy hubby for Chrimbo" problem this year!

KarlE
    Free Member

I am very interested too Trout

rOcKeTdOg

very terminator/robocop

send details to rocketdoguk(@)gmail.com if and when please

firestarter
    Free Member

interested here too i was gonna mail you today as it happens lol as my joystick seems to have given up 🙁 what sort of amp hour battery would be needed for a six hour run time

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Add me to the list.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Cool looking light. When will we see you on Dragon's Den asking for capital to go global?

If you got lots of emails i suspect my on about converting my cateye may have been lost amongst them. Anyway, i've been paid so if you've got some XPEs in stock – would you be able to convert it?

trout
    Free Member

Mick

would that be 6 hours on full power it will draw form a 18.8 volt battery 1 amp so the runtimes are pretty easy a 2600 mah pack will give you about 2.5 hours on full I will ask Smudge to advise on battery sizes and stuff

joolsburger
    Free Member

very interested.

lovewookie

looks like it was designed by cylons.

excellent.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Looks good!
    Add me to the list please.

sundaywobbler

Very interested!

firestarter
    Free Member

ah cheers trout to be fair prob only med power with full in bits but its hard to say without seeing in the flesh its prob brighter on half power than my current exposure enduro turbo 🙂

sslowpace
    Free Member

Very interested indeed Mr Trout

What are the chances of the light being available with a connector that would fit my Light & Motion batteries?
    Cheers
    Pete

barca
    Free Member

As requested in your post, you have email.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Looks and sounds great, I must be near the top of the list trout 😉 Will smudge have the details of what battery to use for this, wouldn't mind getting that sorted this month. Cheers.

hora
    Free Member

£500's good! Whats the longevity like etc?
    (Editted for Drac) 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

are you joking hora but it wont be £50,

druidh
    Free Member

No idea on the real price just yet but it wont be £50 but it will be the cheapest 2000 lumen light out there ( and it can be turned down so no whingeing about too much light).

hora – Member

£50's good! Whats the longevity like etc?

🙄

Lionheart
    Free Member

Hi Trout, as ever put me on the list!

singlespeedstu

You can put me down for one of them feckers.

woo hoo lets melt some trees.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Aye,
    As per my email to you too Troutie, let me know when the LEDs are in.

Cheers,

Mark

trout
    Free Member

Kingofbiscuits
    not sure where to get one but if one can be had then it can be fitted no problem.

Gary-m
    You are one laid back person 🙂 but as you paid for a housing a year ago and then waited for the new leds to arrive then you must be inline for no 2 TL-Liberator No 1 being mine

No Idea what Hora is on but yep £500 is ok by me.

I will try and reply to all the mails when I have got over the shock of the response.
    in the mean time for the diyers who may just get the bits and solder it together this is it nearly finished.

Oh and a request please if you email me please add your stw name too to ease the confusion in my head.

Dr I will now trawl through the inbox and sus you out but in the morning as too much red wine tonight

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

No worries Troutie,
    Just keep postin updates here and I'll keep emailing you!

bruneep

add me as well.

B

allthepies
    Free Member

Is this trade advertising ?

<ducks>

montylikesbeer

still want to buy one troutie, looks fine and dandy

wombat

I'm interested too

Swiftacular
    Free Member

A 2000 lumen Troutie headlight to go with my 3500 lumen Trout bar light, i'm sorely tempted.

Is this trade advertising ?

<ducks>

Its not trade, if it was theyd cost twice as much. I class Trout as a public service.

Richyb
    Free Member

I'm interested too, how will it compare brightness wise to a P7?

trout
    Free Member

Allthepies

last year I posted a similar thread on here and also donated to the stw beer fund at the same time this will happen also this time so hopefully wont be ruffling feathers 😀

Richyb
    I can show you the comparison of a current trout light compared to a P7 high quality light not the bastid .

both pics taken with the same settings within 2 mins of each other

P7 light approx 900 lumens

and a troutlight MK1 theretical lumen count of 1100 lumens

and space reserved for the TL-Liberator 2070 alledged lumens

smudge
    Free Member

The smaller youre lights are going the neater they are looking MrT
    A nicely built 2.6Ah Li-Ion battery is just the right compliment for about a 2 1/2hr light time.

Richyb
    Free Member

Excellent, even more interested now.

happysv
    Free Member

Mail sent 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

how big would a 5200mah battery be then smudge (that said carrying two little ones would be more useful probably 😉

smudge
    Free Member

Approx 40*40*150mm (could pop it into a bottle if you want) OR 40*80*70mm

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm thinky thinky 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.