Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • trout
    Free Member

Duckers I have had a few enquiries from runners and one close to me so am going to make a mount for the baby trout to fit the hope head strap as a test for him to try out in some night endurance events .

CC the piccy thread is before the meltdown but is was a laugh at the time
    It is not about hard cash why I do it it is just a fun hobby and the developing it to a killer light gives me a buzz and the input from on here has been astronomical so it is really a STW light in its birth.

Thanks solo I had a great afternoon went to Pauls works and watched one being done on the cnc and for me it was a blast ( thanks Paul )
    Cant believe such a powerfull machine can be so delicate

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

"It is not about hard cash why I do it it is just a fun hobby"

You're crazy 😀 , your output is prodigious, you've 3 lights on the go, as far as I can tell.

Just where do you sleep, is it next to the lathe, the mill, or the computer ??.

Yeah, the STW crowd can be awesome.

Keep it up 😉

CC.

cxi
    Free Member

Interested to know how the noggin mount for running goes Trout – post back on that one.

robhughes
    Free Member

after first reading this thread i thought it was just about a light but i guess i was wrong.it seems to be the greatest light in the universe.
    loved by all. so last week i finaly gave in a placed my order.can,t wait for it.small tech is ace.

trout
    Free Member

Captain Yep I am crazy what I meant to say was it is not cash that drives these projects I am a compulsive tinkerer and these lights satisfies the urge to make things slept last night on the sofa next to the dog due to me snoring and getting kicked out of bed Paddy didnt mind the snoring 😳

took this little vid yesterday before the camera had a hissy fit with dirty heads as I wanted to try and video one being machined

ignore the voice please

AB
    Free Member

Trout,

Glad things are progressing well.

Like a few others have said on here, I'd also be interested in a self-contained light.

Have you ever thought about building a self-contained set of lights for road use?

trout
    Free Member

AB
    when the Prototype returns from its trip to colorado and I have got on top of the lights ordered then I will be revisiting that light Hopefully with the help of Paul the cnc man and the stw massive

In the mean time I want to run these connectors by you all

panel connector for in the light

for on the battery cable
    and its mate on the charger

neilb67
    Free Member

Hi Trout. Have you had a look at the Hirschmann Connectors range. We use them in a motorsport application involving water. They are very easy to use and have a twist lock. We use them as an alternative to Lemos and they are cheap aswell.

Hirschmann

CHB

trout, sorry mate those conectors are gopping!
    I mean the battery ones. Don't care what does inside the light provided it is reliable
    Much prefer the hope style standard jackplug type, preferably in a soft plastic. Havn't looked at neils suggestion…goes off to google

[as always feel free to ignore comments, no umbridge will be taken!]

allthepies
    Free Member

Use some twist lock connectors. The above ones ming 🙂

trout
    Free Member

OK pics to be deleted Bloody rubbish I only put them in to test you all Pah . 😳

🙂 Hirschmanns look good and right angled connectors too if I get an enigma machine and decipher the order codes 🙁

allthePies any linky thinks to have a look at

Free Member

Trout, does this mean you have access to the new super-duper LED's then?

jt 😉

trout
    Free Member

JT
    not yet Though I did try to get a pre production sample with out success . I guess my small operation did not merit samples

I have a few on order and cant wait to get them .

Free Member

Ahh, no worries! I can't afford to buy anything other than some LED's to upgrade my current LED efforts, but would be very happy (prefer) to put any business your way as and when you get them in…. Maybe a bit of alloy for a backplate if you have some knocking around? (for use within an old cateye stadium)

Will drop you an email if thats OK?

jt 😉

trout
    Free Member

JT yep no probs

trout
    Free Member

Been busy today built up a LL with the last of my XPEs and took lots of pics to do a how to build it thingy some time soon .

also went walkabout with the hound so used the oportunity to get some sample beam shots so I will be able to compare the old leds to the new
    ones
    I will try a few combinations to see which you all prefer but it will take a few days

first up is the side on shot requested .
    I am as far away from the camera as I could get in 9 seconds with a dog trying to trip me up

a similar shot from behind

now a shot normal on high with 6 narrow optics

and a shot with 4 narrow and 2 eliptical

when I take pouch out tomorrow i will do
    2 narrow 2 med and 2 eliptical .which is my preference for on the bars

Remember these are not the XPG leds

Oh and the tree at the back is well over 100 metres away will measure tomorrow

robhughes
    Free Member

looking good troutie.your just teasing us all now arn,t you.

trout
    Free Member

Yes guily as charged 😳 .

but it is a light built with the input from on here for the folks on here so only fair to keep you all updated on progress as a fair few have a vested interest .

some pics of the build up also here http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/LIBERATOR%20HOW%20TOO/

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

I wonder how many "strange man with lights" calls the police around Trout's area get?

trout
    Free Member

I am just waiting for the police copter to come round then I can shine back at him .

The daft dog loves it chasing rabbits in the dark will have to make him a head light 😆

JohnClimber
    Free Member

My god how much brighter will the XPG leds be?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Is that the same spec as the one i have on test?

montylikesbeer

Hi Chris

The build looks superb and for the light……………..wow

Can't wait for the xpg's.

Got an email from smudge the battery pack will be with me this week.

Very very impressed, hats off

richc
    Free Member

As John said, just how much brighter will the XPG's be? as that looks like almost too much light.

bazzer
    Free Member

Hi Trout

Are you going to provide any support (ie case drillings) for the low battery Stat LED ?

Thanks

Bazzer

trout
    Free Member

JC the XPGs are 37 % ( maths is not my strong point ) better than XPEs
    But as has been commented on it is not how big it is it is how it is used 😀
    wait for the 2+2+2 optic beam shot tonight it is Nice .
    and if anyone who has ordered one wants me to detune it so max output is lower mail me .

Swift Yes you have one of only 2 working troutlight LL but I cannot remember the optic config .

Bazzer I will drill holes whereever you want just say how big and where .

DeeW
    Free Member

I have fitted a statLED to my 'old' v1 Troutlight very easy to fit: a 4mm hole IIRC and a bit of silicone sealed it fine. Main issue is having enough room inside the housing but looking at Trouts pics there should easy be room if you keep the wiring neat.

Dave

stoney
    Free Member

Good greif Trout… You could easily drive a car with those….

I want ….I want…. i want……..

trout
    Free Member

ok as promised the 2+2+2 beam shot

I will need to redo this as I aimed it to much to the ground but here it is anyways
    and I was stood near the wrong bush also bums

and for a laff from the other direction

JohnClimber
    Free Member

New post needed.

What sunglasses for Trouts lights?

smudge
    Free Member

you're dog must love walking with you at night 😆

trout
    Free Member

He does love it but still cant catch the wabbits though

stoney
    Free Member

Why those pesky wabbits!

I think i`ve just burnt my retinas! 8)

richc
    Free Member

LoL, so the final model is going to be around 35->40% brighter than those beam shots. FFS you should be marketing these to MXers and lampers not mountain bikers.

Also as others have said, if you could make them waterproof as well, you would sell shedloads to divers.

If you are not careful you could end up with a full time job making these.

trout
    Free Member

Thanks to all who have sent ideas and helped in creating this little light , and also to STW towers for being understanding and helpfull .

after a totally unexpected response on here my inbox was filling up much faster than I could respond thankfully it has slowed to a trickle now .

All 50 of the housings being made are now half owned bye one of you on here you know who you are and thanks .

if by any chance anyone else wantc or needs :wink:one I am sorry but you will need to be patient and wait for the next run to be made .
    which will be late nov if I am lucky .

it is now a waiting game for stuff to arrive from around the world and assemble them

and a mention to the diy folks who are having kits it is great and takes the build pressure off me Ta

bazzer
    Free Member

Hi Trout

I sent the deposit last week, via paypal. Am I one of the lucky 50 🙂

Bazzer

Edited to add I am up for a kit

trout
    Free Member

Yes Bazzer you and all who have sent deposits are the lucky / unlucky lot doomed to ride alone at the front 😆

bazzer
    Free Member

Cheers Trout

I get enough grief at the moment if I try and ride behind my wife, with my trailtech hid light 🙂 She is not going to like this 🙂

Bazzer

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Troutie

Where do you get your thermal adhesive from. In the past I've used artic silver but notice you mentioned artic aluminium, you can I believe get a double sided tape also?

What else will we need if we getting a self build kit.

Scott

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.