Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Upcoming Gigs…
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Interpol – 18th March – 02 Academy Bournemouth

Explosions in the Sky – 19th May – Camden Roundhouse

Jimmy Eat World (performing Clarity and Bleed American back-to-back) – 22nd June – London Forum

What have you got coming up?

flip
    Free Member

Imelda May Warwick Arts Centre 19/11 😉

Embrace Burlesque, Wolverhampton 30/4 8)

Sade NIA 29/5 😀

racefaceec90

rush time machine world tour may 22nd N.E.C cannot wait 😀

jakeclyro
    Free Member

Interpol – 19TH Bristol acedemy

yunki
    Free Member

Freq Nasty Exeter Cavern april 29th

and then not much doing til the festi season cranks into gear when I will be looking forward to.. amongst others..

Big Audio Dynamite
    Gogol Bordello

I think Mrs Yunki is looking forward to Carter USM but I shall be feigning a twisted ankle that evening I think.. or hiding in the Exodus Sound System tent..

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Festival:

Sonisphere (Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer!) 8th/9th/10th July – Knebworth House

Truck – 22nd/23rd/24th July – Steventon, Oxfordshire

ATP Nightmare Before Christmas (curated by Battles, Caribou and Les Savy Fav) – 9th/10th/11th December – Butlins, Minehead

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

yunki

You should watch Carter btw, pride of New Cross! 😛

DezB
    Free Member

Sleigh Bells, Darkstar, A Human/La Shark were all last month now. Bit of a lull until Clark in April and Greg Davis for a bit of comedy.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’d like to go see Kyuss at the Forum if anyone has a couple of spare tickets, please 🙂

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

Elbow

Rodger Walters

Rodger Hodgson

Not sorted out a 2011 Festival yet

beej

+1 for Sonisphere.

Aynsley Lister at the Railway Tavern, Winchester.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hoping to catch JLS three or four times this year.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

beej

I love the Railway…

Haven’t been there for a while (I think it was Ginger of Wildhearts fame) and that was coming up for two years ago!

Good little pub/venue

Napalm
    Free Member

Kate Nash – Brighton
    Jim Jones Revue – Brighton
    Killing Joke – London
    BAD – London
    Janet Jackson – London
    The Damned – Bristol

Should keep me out of trouble.

Lifer
    Free Member

Kyuss at the forum 2nd April (sorry whippersnapper – my bro found tickets for £40 today if that’s any good?)

Hospitality at Brixton Academy 22nd April (London Elektricity, B-Complex, Netsky etc) can’t wait.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Danny Byrd – tomorrow night!

beej

Bravohotel8er – yeah, I’ve heard it’s good. My first visit.

CountZero

Elbow on the 29th at the O2, Honeyfest on April 16 with Dry The River, Magic Numbers and Laura Marling among others, and Arcade Fire in Hyde Park later on.
    DezB, I noticed you listed Darkstar; not the Dark Star, a very loud three-piece who released an album called
    20-20 Sound back in the 90’s?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Allegri – Miserere Mei, Deus and some other choral pieces at St Martins in the Fields, Nodnol. Candelit too 🙂

Should be ace, which is just as well since impending baby means gigs are off the radar for a bit 🙁 Bloody mogwai are playing my local festival this summer too :(((((

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Hopefully Dan Baird early July.
    Good to see The Railway getting a mention!

emsz
    Free Member

Elbow here as well. Can’t wait

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Bombay Bicycle Club in Glasgow…..end of the month. I only paid £25 for a £5 ticket!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

descendents/teenage bottlerocket at shepherd’s bush empire, april 25th is the only gig i currently have plans to attend.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Want to see Interpol too but no-one I know wants to go so won’t pay £££££s to see them – instead waiting to see if I can pick up a cheap single ticket on EBay.

Got tickets to Iron Maiden in the summer.

Ordering tickets to Judas Priest / Queensryke tomorrow if I remember.

RichPenny
    Free Member

If Interpol has sold out, have you looked on Scarlet Mist m_f?

DezB
    Free Member

DezB, I noticed you listed Darkstar; not the Dark Star, a very loud three-piece who released an album called
    20-20 Sound back in the 90’s?[/I]

Nope. Newish, electronic type band
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPeZhyTV5c&sns=em[/video]

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The Wedding Present – 20 May – Slade Rooms Wolvo

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cheers rich – I just meant I won’t pay face value as I will be going by myself so just watching eBay for a cheap one

CountZero

Damn, there I was getting all excited at the thought they’d reformed and were going to release the second album that got canned. Bugger. Love that band.

Dark Star were an English rock band from London whose music mixed dark psychedelica with a dub undertow and noisy effects-laden guitar.

Their drummer often used maracas as drum sticks, for a ‘fuller’ sound.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny that, I’ve just realised I have 20 20 Sound! Graceadelica was the standout track wasn’t it? Yeah, they be a top live band 🙂

sc-xc

Went to the Screamadelica thing at Brum the other night…twas good.

manitou
    Free Member

Ian Siegal Band tomorrow night at the Borderline

debaser

so far this year I’ve been to see:
    Burns Unit
    Go! Team
    Mogwai
    Goblin

have these planned:
    explosions in the sky
    and you will know us by the trail of dead / rival schools
    clutch / gwar (still can’t really believe these two are playing together 😯 )

off to Wacken Open Air in the summer and looking forward to seeing Motorhead, Airbourne, Kyuss, Skindred, Sepultura, Judas Priest, Suicidal Tendancies, Hayseed Dixie, lots of other random metal and, how can I forget, Excrementory Grindfuckers.

cinnamon_girl

Good to see Aynsley Lister getting a mention. 8) So the Winchester venue is quite acceptable? Have seen him at The Maltings in Farnham before, full of character there.

Also see that Imelda May has been mentioned, she is good – supported Joe Bonamassa couple of years ago. Actually I believe she was discovered by Mike Sanchez, she sang in his band and saw them quite a few years ago.

I’ve got nothing lined up. 🙁

Arctic Monkeys supported by the Vaccines in Sheffield Arena in June

john_drummer
    Free Member

can’t think of anybody I want to see at the moment.

Would like to see Stiff Little Fingers at Leeds next week but I’m skint 🙁

stratobiker
    Free Member

This…. I’m playing with Virus! 😈

chakaping
    Free Member

Debaser – How were Go! Team?

Have seen them a few times, great band but tend to play rubbish venues. Their new album must be out about now.

debaser

Go! Team were a riot. Saw them at the Liquid Room in Edibnburgh which is around 800 capacity, not sure if it would work as well in bigger venues.

I didn’t really think they’d be able to cram as much energy into a live show as they manage to do on recordings but they do it pretty effectively.

I like the new album. They’ve broadened the number of musical styles they pinch stuff from but I think it hangs together really well. Nice mix of vocals on the tracks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cool, I will order it today.

Saw them at Zodiac in Oxford and Astoria in London and they were amazing, but the Electric Ballroom was a disaster, Electrowerkz was OK but really smelly and I didn’t even bother going to Heaven – having (not) seen bands there before.

Gigs in nightclubs are a terrible idea.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Upcoming Gigs…’ is closed to new replies.