Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Warm October Holiday
  • toby1

Hi All,

Am trying to plan a warmish (20 degrees-ish) in October, first week, not cycling related, but I’d not be offended if there was somewhere to hire a bike. Ideally with some good scenery and a little bit of history and no-where near a restaurant with a big sign covered in a picture of a greasy fry-up on it!

Currently considering Madeira, Corsica, Sardinia or Turkey.

Also ideally not a pacakage, but not costing too much either (less than £1500/£2k all in would be good for accomodation, flights and spending).

Any recommendations as you are all a well travelled bunch?

uplink
    Free Member

San Francisco

£600 [or cheaper} fly drive

donsimon
    Free Member

Canary Islands.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Canaries are hard to beat for cheap sun out of season

chakaping
    Free Member

Andalucia worth a look.

Weather should be good, stunning scenery, romantic cities, great food, nice beaches, not expensive, good choice of accomodation – fantastic biking and hiking if you want it.

LMT
    Free Member

Ive just booked a non-traditional week aboard, not in the summer but last week in november, a week in Lanzarote temp is around 25 degree’s, couple of bike shops handy for hire, and its a Thomson Gold hotel so no kids, just an adult environment and the beaches are close and nearby. Oh and £800 for me and mrs, so bargain.

Albanach
    Free Member

If Lanzarote is on the cards give me a shout as the old man has got a place there.

lightningbolt
    Free Member

Lanzarote in sept/october is sweet! lovely and sunny but not too hot! perfect holiday and biking weather. I live here, and the riding is great with trails that pass awesome scenery and lava fields. I also own a bike rental shop in costa teguise so if you need a bike, come see me.

PeterHerold
    Free Member

what do you actually want to do: walk, swim, beach?…for Sardinia €500 per person for week is fine for flights booking early, accommodation, car hire and food and spending money. The best walking guide to the island was out of print since 2000, just been reprinted by Rother: “Sardinia… the largest island of the Mediterranean, and is considered one of the most popular bathing islands of Europe. Newcomers to Sardinia are surprised that the island is mountainous..The island is surprising in its unprecedentedly diverse… it is an absolute must for every holiday-maker in Sardinia who has more than just sun and the beach in mind!”
    Bike hire round Pula and where we live on east coast (least developed area). ciao Peter

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Peter, I’ve always fancied visiting Sardinia actually…got any links to places you know there at all? What kind of temperatures could mrs deadly and I expect once the kids are gone back to school…i.e. mid to late September? Would it be a difficult place to tour by bikes for a week i.e. fly there, rent touring bikes + panniers, cycle 20-40 miles per day in a circuitous route staying at cheap(ish) hotels and B&Bs.

PeterHerold
    Free Member

I’ve always fancied visiting Sardinia actually…

We first arrived here in Sardinia cycle turing where we run now a guesthouse for outdoor sports people as well as developing climbing, walking and mountain biking (we are currently finishing off a MTB guide to the island). Some resources:Road cycling touring guide to island
    Weather late Sept lovely, sea warm
    Regional Tourism Info Site Our guesthouse is one of many listed there. You can rent bikes from Pro Bike Pula (Google it) or Skedaddle, and you can also tour with Skedaddle. ciao Peter

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers dude. Muchos gracias. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Warm October Holiday’ is closed to new replies.