Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • washing winter gloves – how to keep the lining in the fingers….. ??
  • iainc

this really does my head in. Every time I take them out the washing machine the lining has moved around such that I can't get my fingers back in them. Once dry I have to spend about 10 minutes poking a pencil or similar down each finger to get the linings back in straight.

There must be an easier way…..

DWH
    Free Member

Not Endura ones are they? It does my head in too 🙁

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I just hand wash mine…

iainc

yeah, funnily enough they are……

iainc

I think I might hand wash them while wearing them from now on ! 😯

Gary_C

I had some Sealskins that did just that.**** ANNOYING!!!!

iainc

grrrr. took best part of half an hour to get them straightened out last night after being in the washing machine. definately going to dunk them in soapy water whilst wearing from now on….

wwaswas

it won't help – the linings just comes out with your fingers when they're wet 🙁

I gave up on gloves with a floating liner afetr one too many 'stop for a mechanical, take glove off, spend 10 minutes trying to reinsert fingers, give up and ride home with cold hands' episode.

andyxxx
    Free Member

My Enduras were c++p.
    Lining came out everytime I took them off – let alone wash them.

Took them back and got a refund – the shop owner used the same glove and didn't have the issue, so perhaps a faulty batch.

My Sealskinz don't do it and are great.

mrmo
    Free Member

this is something that obviously happens but i have never come across it. All the gloves i have had for the last 10 years have used floating liners, at times i have deliberately extricated the liner so i could give it a clean and allow it to dry properly. But i have never had the liners come out when i haven't wanted them to, and i have never had too much problem re inserting the liners.

wwaswas

I did consider sewing through the glove and liner to stop the whole inversion thing at one point but in the end just gave up on them.

parkesie
    Free Member

A few small stitches in the tips of the fingers?

iainc

the stiches idea is a good one, it's not going to affect the waterproofing much and might be a solution. Don't know why they don't do that in the first place.

It's a pity as I really like the Endura gloves in most other aspects

INKLEINED

Put them in a zipped string bag before you put them in the washing machine no problems after that.
    I had lots of problems with my BBB's until my wife sorted it for me.

neil853
    Free Member

i've had the same problem with mine too, majorly annoying 👿

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

take them back to the shop and demand gloves that work! If the liner isn't captive, this can happen when you remove the glove during a ride, only to find that it won't go back in without a degree of patience not available in conditions where gloves are needed 🙁

portlyone

I found that you can push your fingers/thumbs into the inner lining before putting them inside the outer lining. Then it's just a case of wiggling them into the fingers of the outer lining.

Does this make sense? You do the inner lining first, then the outer lining. Helps if your hands are cold and dry too

giantjason
    Free Member

i have the same problem with my Endura gloves and is now getting to the point where i am looking at getting new un-lined gloves and seperate liners.

Once i stop after about 1hrs cycling and my hands are sweaty they are a nightmare to get back and uncomfortable for the rest of the ride.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Helps if your hands are cold and dry too

I had some gloves where this took me at least 10 minutes when sitting comfortably indoors in the dry. Doing it in freezing cold wet conditions would be a nightmare!

clubber
    Free Member

Same prob with my endura winter gloves. Never had the problem with any others.

I just pull the liner out, inside out then poke the fingers through with the correct fingers so that I'm effectively just wearing the fingers and then just pull on the rest of the glove. Annoying though.

portlyone

SfB – yep, had this problem at the top of Jacob's ladder before Xmas. The threat of impending darkness didn't help my calm!

uplink
    Free Member

I have a pair of Spesh BG gloves that are almost impossible to get the finger linings back into
    Took 45mins the other day, armed with a knitting needle, I rarely wear them because of it

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have a related problem with my Altura Night Vision gloves, although the liner is captive, they're a very snug fit – ideal for photography – but last week, despite being waterproof, water from the endless rain had run down my arm into them, and the liner stuck to my fingers, preventing me from pulling them on. I smugly got out a spare, dry pair, but these wouldn't go on either, maddening! Luckily I had another spare pair of a diffent, less photo friendly design which went on easily!

iainc

on the endura ones where the liners are attached to the outers at the wrist, even turning them inside out to straighten the liners is a challenge – 😥

Pook

safety pins?

Northwind

When taking them off, grip the fingertip with your other hand and move one finger at a time.

Or alternatively,buy gloves that aren't s***. Fox Antifreeze, for example. Any glove with an inverting liner isn't fit for purpose, it's just a bad joke.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have 661 Stormwatch gloves and they are brilliant in that the finger tips are already stitched in place with the inner so there is no separation problems when being put through the washing machine. Had some Chibas till they did the turn inside out thing not only on washing but simply pulling them off sweaty hands mid ride.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘washing winter gloves – how to keep the lining in the fingers….. ??’ is closed to new replies.