Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • WEATHER
  • Nickquinn293
    Free Member

🙄

It has been blustery and showery for 4 days in East Kilbride

There has just been a hail storm.

What the hell is going on with the weather.

jam-bo

its volatile. it happens.

mikey74
    Free Member

It always makes me laugh when people complain about the weather doing unexpected things: It is a highly complex, volatile system that does unexpected things – get over it.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Thanks for that – it wasn’t intended to be completely serious. More a kind conversation piece. But don’t worry – I’ll take your advice and get over it right away!!!

djglover
    Free Member

Clearly you are living in the wrong place. Had you been living in West London you would have been enjoying temperatures in the late teens early twenties and extended sunny spells 8)

longweight
    Free Member

Rain makes the trails more fun 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Sorry, lol. There are too many people who complain about the weather and it annoys me: I just assumed you were one of them, lol.

Perhaps a strategic LOL or smiley face may alert us to your humourous intentions :mrgreen:

mikey74
    Free Member

Rain + bikes = destroyed trails, unless they are rock that is.

stevomcd
    Free Member

It was pretty pleasant in Glentress today. Wee bit windy, but can’t complain.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

New to the forum – still learning the etiquette 😳

Nico
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, late teens and early twenties.

djglover
    Free Member

peado

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Actually – I’m 38 – har har

MrOvershoot

Quinn – Member

Actually – I’m 38 – har har

Still a youngster round this neck of the woods then 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

Quinn – know what you mean. I commute every day to East Kilbride from WIshaw area and for past week it has rained every day, which i dont mind in the whole, but it has also been SO windy as well. Day off today but the wind was a joke so passed on going out on the bike. Working tomorrow and Sat and weather is meant to be wet n windy again.Its driving me mad

Quinn – if your new to this forum, relax, most of the people on here you just have to ignore*mikey*, for instance.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Yes – don’t mind the rain – it’s the wind that really bugs me. Thunder & lightning last night too. It has just been a sustained period of gustiness/unsettled-ness that seems a bit unusual. Kind of reminds of what Januarys used to be like.

Bit of a nasty commute from Wishaw? I go from ek to south side, good on the way in – bad on the way home – flip it to fixed coming back uphill at the end of the day.

mikey74
    Free Member

Quinn – if your new to this forum, relax, most of the people on here you just have to ignore*mikey*, for instance.

That’s a little harsh: All I was saying was that this digital format does not transmit subtle humour too well and therefore things can easily become misunderstood, unless you add smiley faces or other such emoticons (god I hate that word, lol)

BoardinBob

The noise from the wind and rain woke me up at 4am today. Absolutely brutal in Glasgow. 😆

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Mikey – get over it!!! (that was meant to be said in a funny way – honest. Look, here’s a smiley :D)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just seen a squirrel blown from a tree, getting bright sunshine, downpours, and a hoolie of a wind. Typical British summer, consistently inconsistent. 😀

amodicumofgnar

A full on weather sideways howling piece of autumn has just gone past the window in Edale going back to bright and breezey now.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Just popped into town on the bike to get a coffee and singletrackworld, went out without a jacket as it was sunny, had hail on the way home, the magazine is now papermache… 😕

J0N
    Free Member

The weather over the last couple of years in the West of Scotland has been good during the month of May. I think it is surprising some of us that this weather is so dramatic at this time of year but then winter has lasted a good bit longer and this is the typical weather I would expect for late March early April. It has been very windy and short but frequent heavy rain for over a week now. Before that was quite long period of good weather.
    How quickly we forget and how time drags when you cant get out on your bike. 🙂

iainc

Aye, impressive wind, rain, hail and thunder in East Kilbride last night – so much so that it woke the kids (6 and 3), who then kept me and the wife awake half the **** night -). Now sitting in Edinburgh with lovely sunshine -(

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘WEATHER’ is closed to new replies.