Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wharncliffe Weekender – 4th and 5th July!
  • Pook

I must say, it’s looking good once again. Hats of to Steve Peat for organising this charity event….

http://www.wharncliffeweekender.com/

Pook

It’s in Sheffield don’t you know. Just off the M1.

Wharncliffe weekender 2009.

People often ask why’s it called the weekender? Well it’s called the Weekender as it’s nice to have good fun day on Saturday followed by a few beers, chill, chat & then to bed. You can then wake up Sunday at your leisure chill for a while, go home or ride Wharncliffe with Peaty & the boys!

So what’s going down at this year’s weekender? Well, what isn’t? Here’s a rough schedule of events!

Please note some of the times may change depending on what time previous events end.

For those of you that have been before, you’ll know things don’t always run to time and the events are all about the smiles! There is also more for children and young people to do this year with a skills track for under 12s and various stalls, games and activities.

Saturday

The site will be open from 9am. Don’t worry if you’re early, we’ll be around from 8ish.

1st XC ride is for the hardcore folk. Think this will be 5 laps of the track about 25k, starting @ 12ish

2nd XC ride of the day and the main event is the fancy dress ride 2 laps starting @ around 2pm

The rest of the day will compromise of:

Tug Of War (Afternoon)

Dual Slalom (Evening) Track open all day.

Beat Steve Peat assault course, including Space Hopper racing – Fastest time takes the prize! (Kid’s competition too!) (All Day)

Motor bike trials featuring 2 of the UK top riders (Evening)

Welly wanging (All Day)

Fireworks (Night)

As well as these events, there will also be various stalls including:

Peaty’s Car boot – Grab a bargain various new & used bikes parts & clobber.

Mrs Peat’s Cake stall – Yes the ever popular cake stall is back!

The un-rideable ‘bendy’ bike

NWMTB Centre Repairs Tent – get your bike mended for free (well just a small donation!)

Five Ten

And to keep you fed and watered…

Double Dutch pancake bar

Burger van

Bradfield Brewery real ale bar

Weekender bar – Lager, lager, lager

There are also activities especially for the youngsters, including skills training from the Forestry Comission and Sustrans:

Face Painting

Kids pump track

Kids stall and games

Assault course with space hopper racing

Plus other stalls TBC

Sunday

Peaty’s Sunday session. (AM)

Ride Wharncliffe with Peaty & the boys! Also a chance to fire some questions at Steve.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sounds like just the sort of thing I wish didn’t clash with the ST Weekender 🙁

dawson

is it worth going just to spectate?

i might take the kids if t’weather looks ok

simonm
    Free Member

Its fun to Spectate, I’ll be taking my daughter this year so no riding for me. This year should be better for spectating as there building dual coarse up in the field where you Park… should be good racing, there are one or two good riders in that area 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll be having a wander up but leaving early for the girlfriend’s BBQ

jackthedog
    Free Member

Edit – wrong thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wharncliffe Weekender – 4th and 5th July!’ is closed to new replies.