Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What do i need to service shimano brakes
  • tails
    Free Member

I have some shimano m810 brakes, they need to be bleed to put on a new bike due to routing. What d i need in way of olives/barbs etc. I did it when i set them up but it was all in the box. I have oil.

theotherjonv

best to replace the barbs and olives – I have heard folks say you can reuse but for a couple of quid I wouldn't. You'll need only one, the front won't be 'routed' at all, should be able to swap over, only the rear will need doing and you only need do one end.

The some oil, syringe and a length of tubing (windscreen washer tubing works). I'd suggest opening the lever end up, rerouting from the caliper through the guides up to the lever and reattach with new olive etc. there. Then fill the syringe with oil and a length of tube which attaches to the bleed nipple on the caliper, making sure no air left in the bit of tube, open the bleed nipple and push fresh oil in until bubbles stop at the lever reservoir. Close nipple, top up reservoir, pump lever a few times, brim and refit the rubber diapragm and close the reservoir cap.

Done well, you get minimal loss in the brake hose while it is open and the bleeding bit takes a few minutes at most.

tails
    Free Member

Thanks buddy I'll add them to my shopping list

tails
    Free Member

Do I need this kit [/url]

or this one

I remember them saying the when first setting them up that the black threaded piece cannot be reused but in practice it can. Can anyone enlighten me?

tails
    Free Member

Weird links 😕

theotherjonv

both the same afaics?

But yes, that's what you need. I've never had issues reusing the black threaded piece, i think that's BS

tails
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Never needed that myself, always reused with no issues.

tails
    Free Member

thanks for your help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What do i need to service shimano brakes’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM