Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)
  • What was that song being sung at Old Trafford?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think you’ll find, it was this one:

You’ll Never Walk Alone…

When you walk through a storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don’t be afraid of the dark
    At the end of the storm
    Is a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
    Walk on through the rain
    Tho’ your dreams be tossed and blown
    Walk on, walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you’ll never walk alone
    You’ll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you’ll never walk alone
    You’ll never walk alone.

And sung so beautifully, too…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, the Scummers are a bit quiet this afternoon…

Amazing how quickly such a huge stadium empties.

BadlyWiredDog

I thought you were a Londoner?

postierich
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not keeping you up, am I, postie?

You must be knackered, what with delivering all that post! 🙂

BWD- And?

DrJ

So why is a Londoner wetting his pants about a North-West derby?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Aye it’s great when people support their local team 🙄

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Come back when the trophies are handed out. I think you’ll hear a rousing chorus from the Stretford End then.

Fair play – Liverpool deserved it although I think 4-1 was a bit flattering. Hopefully Mun-U will take it as a wake up call and not drop any more points in the run in

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sure Rudeboy will be just as even handed at the end of the season when they are handing out the winners medals to the best team

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, sorry, I forgot I’m not allowed to support any team I like, only the one geographically closest to where I was born, regardless of the fact some of my family were from Merseyside and Liverpool FC were the team they followed…. 🙄

Next…

I have no doubt that Manure will not relinquish such a lead, easily. They are without question, a superb side. When Giggs, Scholes and Berbatov came on, I was bricking it. The talent they have sitting on the bench is better than most Premiership first 11s. Terrifying.

But for the moment, I shall savour a great victory over our greatest rivals.

Man U are pure class. But LFC have shown, this week, that they are capable of beating anyone.

Just a shame we coon’t play like that against the likes of Stoke, and **** Middlesborough…

bear-uk
    Free Member

I’m off for a pizza tonight are all you man u fans up 4 – 1

Gary_M
    Free Member

I forgot I’m not allowed to support any team I like, only the one geographically closest to where I was born

Support?

DrJ

“Support” what team you like. Funny how when people “support” a team other than their home-town team it is generally a big and successful club.

Think I’ll support Barcelona – why not? I once thought about going on holiday there.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how are you supporting them – you are on a BIKE forum on the net whilst they are playing FOOTBALL miles away from you

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Great performance from Liverpool, couldn’t do anything but laugh when the 4th went in. Hopefully Utd will get back to winning ways from here on…..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blah blah blah.

Boring..

What about Gerrard’s miss near the end, eh? Good thing the game was already won!

Tevez was brilliant, I thought. Non-stop all game. Rooney and MyLittlePony may get the plaudits, but Tevez is a fantastic player.

As for ‘support’- why does Rooney play for Manure, when, surely, ‘Once a Blue, always a Blue’? 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

My point exactly racing_ralph. Supporting a team isn’t about going on a forum winding people up, it’s about buying a season ticket, paying to go to games and being there when it goes wrong time after time.

Supporter my arse, a ‘fan’ yes, supporter no.

andywhit
    Free Member

Theatre of Dreams ?

More like comedy playhouse 😀

tails
    Free Member

greatest rivals.

rivals yes but only of the medias making the game i like forward to is the derby i was smiling when they went down but happier on there return.

Junkyard
    Free Member
    DrJ

As for ‘support’- why does Rooney play for Manure, when, surely, ‘Once a Blue, always a Blue’?

Aah – we’re talking about playing for teams? What team do you play for?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL, sky sports fan’s make me laugh. Serious question RudeBra – out of interest how often do you see Liverpool play, like at the game?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Very good, Junkyard! 😀

Quite a bit of bitterness, today…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nothing to do with bitterness, I support neither Liverpool or Manchester United. I support my local team, I’ve even got a season ticket, crazy eh. But ‘supporters’ like you are a bit of a joke.

tails
    Free Member
    MrNutt
    Free Member

why are all those people watching those obscenely wealthy people chasing a balloon?

tails
    Free Member

why are all those people watching those obscenely wealthy people chasing a balloon?

what’s so obscene about wealth, ohhhhh right you want it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Quite a bit of bitterness, today…

well yes clearly but sure the end of the season table will help .. last year City did the double on us …. strange game football eh
    That sketch always makes me laugh and they have a point that we should all remember about our team.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

rudeboy

you sure it wasn’t this one

“sign on, sign on with a hole in your a— but you’ll never get a job – you’ll never get a job”

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sign on, sign on with a pen in your hand ‘cos you’ll never get a job – you’ll never get a job

or

“Who do we blame when we **** it up?”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Question: Why are all you lot who are questioning me, on here, rather than watching your teams?

And why do people have such a problem with people supporting teams other than their local ones?

Truth is, I can’t actually afford to go to many games, as it’s so bloody spensive, what with ticket, train, sometimes accommodation etc. I really don’t like being in a big crowd, either (was at Upton Park once, proper panicked. Coon’t wait to get out. Just felt claustrophobic, and really scared). I ‘support’ my team in whatever way I can. Shirts cost money, etc. Now, this may not be adequate, as far as some of you’se are concerned, but quite frankly, I coon’t give a stuff.

I love my footy, whether it’s watching or playing. And I don’t mind the banter between rival clubs. All part of the fun!
    Liverpool, Manure, Arse, etc have millions of fans/supporters, most of whom buy the stuff, but never get to see games, due to geographical/financial constraints. does not in any way make them any less ‘supporters’ than anyone else. Me wearing an LFC top is showing ‘support’. TBH, most Arsenal fans in London never go to games. So what?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

‘Question: Why are all you lot who are questioning me, on here, rather than watching your teams?’

Because my team are playing tomorrow. Innit, like. 😉

Smee
    Free Member

This thread is full of mancs and bitters. You know – the two least knowledgeable subgroups of football fans.

4-1 haha. That is a humping in anyones books.

Avocado
    Free Member

That’s got to be the best excuse I’ve ever heard… “I don’t go and support my team because I’m frighkened of being in a crowd”??????

Have a word with yourself.

BTW, there’s a big difference between a fan and a supporter. You might be a fan, but you’re certainly not a supporter.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Question: Why are all you lot who are questioning me, on here, rather than watching your teams?

Cause they are playing at the other end of the country. But I have a season ticket for my son and I take, take him to a lot of away games, he’s involved in community football at the club, etc.

It seems you don’t actually support Liverpool at all.

Smee
    Free Member

Anyone care to explain the difference between being a fan and a supporter?

tails
    Free Member

Anyone care to explain the difference between being a fan and a supporter?

A supporter goes to the stadium to watch the game.

A fan watches it on the internet or sky.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

supporters only sing when they’re winning?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

‘Anyone care to explain the difference between being a fan and a supporter? ‘

Obviously there is definate answer to that – but i would suggest a supporter is one who goes to home and/or away games when finances dictate, and the fact they are local to you might become more believable to opposing supporters…. 8)

Maybe a fan would be someone who hands over £50 for the latest shirt in JJB sports and watches ‘their’ team on Sky and has a go at others on internet forums…. 😉

My 2p’s worth anyhow.

Smee
    Free Member

What if a person tries to get tickets for every game but because of the huge demand for them never manages to get any? Fan or supporter?

Or what about the person whose sister inlaw works for a teams major sponsor and gets free tickets to every game thereby reducing the clubs income? Fan or supporter?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘What was that song being sung at Old Trafford?’ is closed to new replies.