Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • What;s happened to Steve Wright?
  • Bunnyhop

Now I know most of you well educated, up with the latest tunes and into the arts brigade won't give a toss.
    However I've been enduring Dale Winton and Chris Tarrant, who seems to give his unwelcome opinion on everything sitting in for Wrighty, Radio 2 every afternoon. And no I won't change to those rubbish, inarticulate, baboons on the local independent channel, because I like the news and proper famous guests they have on at the beeb.

thomthumb
    Free Member

some one needs to send tarrant this

http://www.hits80and90.com/

hasn't been a single song post '79 on all bloody week.*

*disclaimer – It's on in the lab – i do not listen to radio 2 by choice.

Bunnyhop

I've only just found out he used to be a D.J. at a local London Radio station, he's dreadful.

Agree about the tunes. Please Beeb I need my fix of up-to-date stuff too.

tron
    Free Member

I've never liked him, or his squad of paid for mates who clap all the time. I can't see why he should still be on the radio after he murdered all those prostitutes.

ratherbeintobago

What;s happened to Steve Wright?

He's got really oily and sycophantic, and appears to be the only person in Western Europe who thinks he's funny.

Oh – that's not what you mean. Sorry.

Andy

trailmonkey

Has he been given the sack for singing along on mic and generally being unfunny ?

wellhung
    Free Member

He's gone well past his sell by date.

Also he's got bigger (round the waist) than Chris
    Moyles.

flip
    Free Member

Ha ha tron cracks me up 😛

myheadsashed

6 music rocks can't get it in the bloody car though 👿

chakaping
    Free Member

He's seriously ill I think.

Danny Baker has said he's taking over the slot next April, so if you haven't heard him before you're in for a real treat.

He said this on his BBC London show a couple of weeks ago anyway, sounded serious but you never can tell with him.

U31
    Free Member

If he is ill, i really really hope he dies from death or bad aids.
    The chiselling barsteward has been stealing a living, selling much old rope since i was a YTS, and he was on radio 1 in the afternoon.
    Tron hit the nail on the head, those hangers on farting around in the studio for sh*ts and giggles at the licence fee payers expense just do my swede right in!
    As funny as a dose of clap. Zero points for originality, and his visage offends my sensibilties to the point where i want to do physical harm to baby swans and such.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I love it when Chris Tarrant takes over

samuri
    Free Member

You want to listen to classic rock FM although I'm not sure if you can get it out in the sticks there. Proper music by bands with great big guitars and tats, good presenters. Risque

chakaping
    Free Member

That's a touch harsh U31.

Did I miss the bit where the coalition passed a law saying we all had to listen to Radio 2?

nbt

Danny Baker has said he's taking over the slot next April, so if you haven't heard him before you're in for a real treat.

If you;re the kind of person who enjoy scraping your gonads with a rusty cheese grater then sprinkling liberally with salt and vinegar, maybe. Personally, I'd be happier if I never heard him again

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I used to hate him when I was in my teens but I like him now. I too had been wondering where he had gone. Assumed he was on holiday but there is no mention of this on the BBC web site and I cannot find any general web references to hols or any other place he might be. Hope its a joke he is ill. They may have announced his whereabouts on the radio I guess, but I only listen intermittently, if I am in the car at the right time.

chakaping
    Free Member

To clarify, Baker didn't say Wright is ill, just that he's taking over his slot.

U31
    Free Member

Chapaking, it's just tough love really…

From breakfast up to steve wright, i love radio 2, Simon Mayo is even tolerable

So between Jeremy Whine and Mayo's slot its on with the Mp3's for me…

Now Radio 4 at bedtime… now yer talking!

Solo
    Free Member

What;s happened to Steve Wright?

I've been wondering the very same thing. Hes a twit, and quite arrogant with it too, but I understand his sense of humour, and listening to him on the drive home, was a lesser evil than other avaiable stations.

Anyway, who ever replaces wrighty, I want ASK ELVIS back !.

Solo

Solo
    Free Member

Now Radio 4 at bedtime… now yer talking

Now you see, I'm a Radio 4, Today program, listener, Oh !, and Farming today, thats good too.

But my favourite, recent discovery is Desmond Carrington. That show absolutely ROCKS !. Not literally, but I really like that show.
    Just so totally different and interesting. Shame on BBC2 for moving him to Friday nights, or beer night, as it is in my part of the world.
    Thank goodness for iplayer.

Solo

Kuco

Chris Tarrant sucks big time. He had Alice Cooper on yesterday and all he did was butt in all the time I really wanted Alice Cooper to punch him in the gob to shut him up. With Graham Norton that other muppet Dale Winton and now Chris Tarrant I wonder how much lower Radio 2 can get.

white101

Tarrant and winonr suck, not a big wright fan, can't stand his I love me attitude, but those 2 are awful, winton's drone grinds for all of the 2 seconds I can listen to.
    I thought I would miss Simon Mayo on 5live as he had some really great guests and interesting discussions. Him and Kermode are great crack on the film slot. However I think Richard Bacon has done a pretty good job so far.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Had to sit through Tarrant in the doctor's waiting room this afternoon, bloody terrible, I think I'd rather die of something horrible than endure that again.

Bunnyhop

Solo – you mean you've only just discovered the icon MC Desmo. Shame 🙂

I like Wrighty's interviewing style, he'll always let the guests speak and asks vaguely interesting questions, whereas Tarrant just thinks he's the star.

Samuri – have to endure Rock Radio when Jules is around at volume number 11.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"i really really hope he dies from death or bad aids."
    …as opposed to good aids, obviously.

U31
    Free Member

Good aids is far too good for the likes of Steve Wright and his cohorts.
    They make Russel Howard sound comparatively amusing..

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Fair point I suppose, but even so, aids is going a bit far. Couldnt we just get davidtaylforth and surfmat to leather him?

U31
    Free Member

David AND Surf mat?

I like the cut of your jib, young man!

beamers

Yup, I have to agree, Tarrant is sh!te.

Tuned into My96 FM today (via the tinterweb of course)

It was the local rock station when i was living out in Canada for a couple of years.

tazzymtb

Couldnt we just get davidtaylforth and surfmat to leather him?

how is turning him into this

going to help the situation?

U31
    Free Member

I want want of those leather-f*ck-Me-Helmets but the wife has put her foot down and wont allow it in the house 🙁

monotokpoint
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

"i really really hope he dies from death or bad aids."
    …as opposed to good aids, obviously.

Chris Morris

BermBandit
    Free Member

Steve Wright? Think he got locked up for murdering prostitutes in Ipswich 😯

ourkidsam
    Free Member

A friend of mine once wished that Jade Goody would die of cancer…

Midnighthour
    Free Member

So what did the BBC actually say when he 'disappeared'? Is it just a holiday?

I can't stand Chris Tarrant, never could. Same ego as Jonathan Ross. I quite like all the extra people that come on with Steve – its a lot less dull than one ego manic DJ droning on about himself which is what much of music radio is about. And thank god the ultimate boor Wogan has gone.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

http://www.ihatestevewright.com

All you need to know

Flaperon

Not upset to see him go – far to sycophantic and couldn't bear the constant mispronunciation of words and his giggling cohorts.

However, I'd tolerate him coming back if he replaces Chris Tarrant, who is surprisingly bad.

U31
    Free Member

ourkidsam – Member
    A friend of mine once wished that Jade Goody would die of cancer

Does your mate do requests?

grumm
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth

Does your mate do requests?

Friends and I managed Jill dando and Oliver Reed in the same year.

Talk about them the day before, next day dead.

Anyone particular in mind?

ourmaninthenorth

bunnyhop – the error you're making is listening to Radio 2.

Radios 3 and 4 FTW.

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What;s happened to Steve Wright?’ is closed to new replies.