Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • when you are all set up for a ride and then……
  • iainc

one of those things just happens ….

so I missed the usual club Wed night ride as feeling a bit crap from travelling for work day before etc, but no worries,, Thu lined up for a half day, forecast wall to wall sunshine here in Glasgow, so had all the kit ready to go for a swift return from work, load up, blast down the road for an hr to Drumlanrig, with the plan being a loop of red, then a loop of red/black. It’s going to be magical – 15 degrees, dry roots, empty trails…..what could possibly go wrong…..

Putting the bins out at 8 am, bend, twist, ouch…that familair feeling of the back going (it happens every yr or so, despite a strict regime of core exercises etc), so, quickly swallow a full day’s dose of diclofinac, 20 mins on floor stretching off, but no, it’s creeping into spasm…..off to work, maybe, maybe not…..home at lunchtime, 10 mins lying on the floor…no, kidding myself here, it’s only gonna get worse if I go riding.

ach well, it’s eased now and I will go riding at the weekend…but it’ll probably be pissing down and cold again by then !

👿

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I feel your pain I had the same this week.

Just started running with the aim of getting fitter and working different muscles etc.

Then Tuesday evening on a gentle jog with the running club around the track, pinging pain in calf – first thought was cramp. But no seems more like a muscle strain so rest is the answer.

So missed out on an awesome planned night ride last night and can’t see me getting out till next week now 🙁 not a happy biker

get well soon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘when you are all set up for a ride and then……’ is closed to new replies.