Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Where do you buy your Disc Brake pads from?
  • dinobike
    Free Member

As title,

I need a new pair and was wondering where is the best place to buy, value vs quality?

Thanks

cullen-bay
    Free Member

My Lbs….

gingerflash

Hopes from CRC.

teagirl
    Free Member

The Bike Shop, Skipton. They'll put them on too.

theboatman
    Free Member

discobrakes.com

Crag
    Free Member

Ashima from Toronto cycles.

Jamie
    Free Member

discobrakes.com

hilldodger
    Free Member
    Del

discobrakes.com

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Woolly hat shop – A2Z pads blue. They've served me well.

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

^^^^^^^ wot he said A2Z sintered from Wooly Hat Shop.

da funk

stevemorg2

A2z – Wolly Hat shop as above – excellent value

jonb
    Free Member

discobrakes.com

AS good as any others I've tried, long lasting, cheap and well stuck together.

sv

Sintered from Superstar Components

Northwind

Superstar. That'll probably upset some people but they're very good, last a good bit longer than the discobrakes pads I used before and offer about the same performance.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Original pads maily – hopes – from the LBs the last time – over a year ago IIRC.

I have no idea why people try to save a few quid on pads. Safety critical component .

Original hopes last so long there is no need to worry about longevity anyway

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have a mixture of Superstar, A2Z (from Woolly Hat Shop) and some ones where I bought 50 pairs as a 'group-buy' from a fella in Taiwan. They all work fine, although I did have initial problems with the SS ones, but that was YEARS ago. The last lot I bought before the summer were SS.

ojom
    Free Member

I have no idea why people try to save a few quid on pads. Safety critical component

a bit like helmets in that regard i suppose. 🙂 8)

Northwind

TJ wrote, "I have no idea why people try to save a few quid on pads. Safety critical component "

Because the cheap ones can perform exactly as well as the overpriced OEM ones. I have no idea why people assume that paying more gets them a better product.

giantjason
    Free Member

i get my magura ones where ever is cheapest and has them in stock when i need them.

CheesybeanZ

Disco sintered , what Northwind said is spot on .

james
    Free Member

Sintered Superstar ones for the slop. Normal front, sintered rear for 'normal' conditions and normal ones for dry alpine riding for me mostly. Though only change once the last ones have worn out

They do take a little while to bed in (as do their 'normal' ones) unlike say original avid ones which bed in almost straight away and offer a little more in terms of performance imo.

Some people have problems bedding superstar pads in
    It may be that if you run oversized rotors without actually riding any worthwhile descents to build up sufficient heat to bed them in and if you aren't a particularly bulky individual you may end up with the pads falling to bits. This is my theory/experience anyhow

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

superstar- £15 for 4 sets of resin – no probs here since the dodgy batch last year

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Goodridge/Fibrax/Hayes from CRC- whatever's cheapest at the time. Tried a pair of Superstars and didn't work out for me.

carlphillips
    Free Member

another for disco here

crankrider
    Free Member

Another one for Alligator pads here – ReadytoRide are out of the juicy pads i need right now though 🙁 E-mailed them and not back until the start of december and i need some before then.

Might try the discos in the meantime…..

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Being a bit new to this disc brake stuff, what are the pros and cons of standard -v- metallic pads?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Where do you buy your Disc Brake pads from?’ is closed to new replies.